Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO respect/hate... an interesting afternoon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hueman
he has a bmw. he is a better person than you.
haha, its funny you mention that. I have two good BMW-owning friends. One (Mitch Brown) is a driver of an M5 and is so engrossed in motorsports that he used to be the editor for new england's bimmer magazine and is currently featured in a major mag (road & track, i think) offering his opinion on the new cadillacs. The other owns an E36-style 325i and is contantly tuning and running the car. He too has an all around appreciation for the sport/hobby. its too bad that most BMW owners generate the stereotype that you refer to.

the EVO is my daily driver and i would say that this type of thing happens to me at least twice a week. usually, its ~'99 maximas that try to play around and all-too-often Tahoes or Expeditions with euro-tails throw their hat in the ring (maybe they think we have something in common? )

its all good...i love my car, i just think i live in an uber-agressive part of Mass. where a lot of people feel that they have something to prove. good to know i'm not the only one who gets harassed though.