Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

does anyone know why they didnt announce the Evo 8 publicly?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that Subaru is saying 0-60 4.7 and 1/4 in 13.5 (saw it on nasioc.com, figures were given by a Sub rep). Mitsubishi is saying 5.0 and 13.8. That's a drivers race. I bet the Evo has a good chance on being the better handler with its bigger/sticky tires, stiffer suspension, and quicker steering.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Look at the web site. it says its coming but not here so look at all of our other vehicles.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 01:45 AM

Originally posted by gtr
Those are the two question people are holding out on the evo8. Personally the weight is a concern but ultimatally handling is #1. Maybe i'm getting upset for nothing if the evo still out handles the STI without ACD Only time will tell and i hope the results will not be dissapointing.
It should be able to handle well without ACD. But if you want less understeer, you would have to set up your suspension. ACD gives you the versatility of different conditions and different setups. I forget if the Evo8 has LSD or not...but do get it if it doesn't have it...vital...at least with the way I drive.