Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Don't Pay Over MSRP!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2003, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by diablo2184
my dealer said they are giving large spoiler as a standard thing.
If anybody remembers the unvailing of the Evo 8 at the NAIAS when they were going through the features of the car they did firmly state that it was coming with the carbon fiber rear wing.... BTW, is it adjustable?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by tryandcatchme

BTW, is it adjustable?
no...they supposedly wind tunneled the car and pre set it to the best compromise
Old Jan 26, 2003, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

The first shipment of EVO's are all coming with the wings. After that it is an option. The base model comes with no spoiler or moonroof. The spoiler is a $2,000 option, and the roof is $1,000(so I was told). The only other option is the 6 disc in april. The dealership I bought from said they had to order them with the wing, because it was an option. They seem to be the only compitant dealership I have talked to. I think they were getting 4 or 5 evo's.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sano
The first shipment of EVO's are all coming with the wings. After that it is an option. The base model comes with no spoiler or moonroof. The spoiler is a $2,000 option, and the roof is $1,000(so I was told). The only other option is the 6 disc in april. The dealership I bought from said they had to order them with the wing, because it was an option. They seem to be the only compitant dealership I have talked to. I think they were getting 4 or 5 evo's.
Like I said this morning. Any pricing your get from a dealership or any other source right now is nothing but guesswork.

Both wings are officially options BTW but you have to get one or the other. There is no way to order a car without. Only A00 and A61 package cars are shipping initially though. Those have the big wing.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sano
What abou that tight looking gauge pack below the stereo?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Mark F

Both wings are officially options BTW but you have to get one or the other. There is no way to order a car without. Only A00 and A61 package cars are shipping initially though. Those have the big wing.
how much in that big wing and how much is the little one?

also am i to assume neither is included in the MSRP released?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Longfury

how much in that big wing and how much is the little one?

also am i to assume neither is included in the MSRP released?
The small one shouldn't be too hard to guess. Same one that comes as an option on the OZ Rally. Sunroof is the same as that car too. Big wing... ?

And yes, the way the Dealer Pricing Template is laid out, I don't think either spoiler is included in the published base MSRP - nor is destination of course.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

The OZ spoiler is $360 on the regular Lancer and the sunroof is $750. IMO, $360 is a ripoff for a small spoiler. Hopefully the big spoiler won't be much more...at most, twice the cost at $720. Anything more would be a total ripoff. It makes no sense that one of them wouldn't be std. (small spoiler) with the big spoiler 500 or less $ option. Basically the base price ISN'T 28,987..it is going to be at least 28,987+360+other charges such as dest., etc. Seems like you won't see one under 30k when all is added up. Many of them will be around or close to 32k with the sunroof and big spoiler.

Last edited by broeli; Jan 26, 2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Besides, if everyone goes into the dealership paying over MSRP, it kills the chances for others to buy.. If everyone sticks to their guns and refuses to pay more, than these mitsu dealers will have no choice but to do the right thing..
Old Jan 27, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

we should all refuse to pay and tell everyone else that is not on this site to boycott it also. or stand outside the dealership or something. if we plan something like that then mitsu will HAVE to drop it.