Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Car cover and hood vent question!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Car cover and hood vent question!

Anyone using a car cover for their Evo every night cause you dont have the luxury of a garage? i just got my new car cover in the mail, but Im scared to put it on the car right after driving it cause the air coming out of the hood vent is so hot I feel like its going to ruin the cover. Does anyone covering their car right after driving it have any problems with the hood vent being hot and melting your car cover or anything like that? This damn cover was expensive I dont want to ruin it, thanks for any help
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Just cut a hole in the cover.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

I am on my second cover. Ive always waited 15 or 20 minutes for it to chill a little. I dont think it would burn or anything, but it might weaken the material over time because it is kind of hot.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:19 PM

thats cool.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BuLocal
I am on my second cover. Ive always waited 15 or 20 minutes for it to chill a little. I dont think it would burn or anything, but it might weaken the material over time because it is kind of hot.
Are you on your second cover for this reason? Maybe I can cut a piece of cardboard out that fits on top of the vent to block the hot air from ruining the cover. I live in south Florida so it would take alot longer then 20 minutes for it to cool off. Anyone think cardboard would catch fire?
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XxBLACKMAMBAxX
Are you on your second cover for this reason? Maybe I can cut a piece of cardboard out that fits on top of the vent to block the hot air from ruining the cover. I live in south Florida so it would take alot longer then 20 minutes for it to cool off. Anyone think cardboard would catch fire?
The first cover was vandalized, nothing to do with putting it on while the car was hot. Cardboard or some other material might work.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

I have had my cover since June of "03" and have no problems putting iy on while the motor is venting heat. We see 115 degree days and the car gets far hotter than that if left in the sun uncovered. I do take care to run my car easy for a few minutes before shut down.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanks alot!