Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car buying tips

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2005, 07:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car buying tips

Okay, so I have been looking at liquidating my 400 horse WRX, simultaneously strategerizing my EvoMR purchase...In the process I have been putting out my feelers to do the purchase with as much brutal violence against a stealership I can...This is my buddy's website where he does a tell-all from a manager/salesman's perspective.

Let's face it, the car salesman's job is to sell you a new or used car - he isn't your friend, but he's sure going to try to make you think he is in order to put you at ease. How you can tell when a car salesman is lying? When his lips are moving!
His name is Ted Fenton, a good guy with some invaluable advice.

http://www.carbuyingedge.com/categor..._cars/articles

If you contact him, tell him Jason (the wack-job Republican) sent you.

edit -- link fixed

Last edited by Mulholland; Mar 5, 2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

wow some great info there... a must for anyone that is thinking of getting a new car

i definitely have heard my fair share of BS from car salesmen... i usually just nod my head and say "is that so?"

lol @ "I ripped his head off: Phrase used by car salesman to describe a huge profit on a car sale." from the salesman jargon page. that pretty much sums up their job
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:32 PM
Account Disabled

Ya, he really busted his *** on it...Must be the guilt...