Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I'm about to jump ship.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm about to jump ship.

I've had my highly modded SRT4 for almost two years now but she has to go. I've grown up around evo's all my life, my uncle still have a yellow evo 5 and my grand pa has a burgandy skyline so im use to the performance and refinement. I love my car, but the interior and the ride are starting to get on my nerves. I'm tired of hearing all the noise from outside and all the plastic shaking when driving and the roll happy body. I dont care much for the AWD but its a perk but its also irrelevant to me: i've tested many modded evo's on the street and they get as far as second gear and its bye bye from a lauch, but why i want the car is the performance expandibily like the srt-4 has with the huge aftermarket support and a large *** back seat that my son's baby seat has ample space. Overall i want a Bigger car and one thats more rounded. i've been looking at some of the classifieds on here and have contacted some members, so i hope to be a proud owner soon.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

If you are picking up an EVO to help wtih noise and plastic shaking, you are doing it for the wrong reasons bro... this car makes just as much noise as the rest of them.

Good luck with your search and future purchase though!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

If you are picking up an EVO to help wtih noise and plastic shaking, you are doing it for the wrong reasons bro... this car makes just as much noise as the rest of them.
yeah definitly, and as for interior refinement, you're def in the wrong place. You should get it for the performance and peace of mind when winter rolls around with a baby in the back seat.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, if you want refindment buy a lexus man, this car shakes, rattles, and rolls more then ELVIS.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

The EVO has more noise from the interior because of our loud tranny and transfer case ... Unless you want to be totally performance oriented I think perhaps you should keep your SRT-4 ... If you deceide to pick an EVO up ... Good job! Make sure you get it checked out and see if it still has its warrenty if its used ...
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

/\ what he said!!!!
LOL, if you want refindment buy a lexus man, this car shakes, rattles, and rolls more then ELVIS.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Last night, my wife and I went to BJ's with my 2 babies in their baby seats, and loaded my Evo with 2 boxes of diapers, milk, case of water and other foods, and I have a double stroller in the trunk. It was a little tight, but it all went in just fine. I love this car. You're definitely making the right decision. All the fun, and room too. I've only driven an SRT4 once so it's not a lot to go on, but I think the Evo is better than the SRT4 in the fit and finish dept, and is quieter even with my catback.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Performance cars make noise.... Unless your spending $80,000+ on one then you get refinement, luxury and performance. Shake, Rattle, and Roll! LOL
Old Mar 8, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StlwantEvo
I've grown up around evo's all my life, my uncle still have a yellow evo 5 and my grand pa has a burgandy skyline so im use to the performance
im gonna have to call bs
Old Mar 8, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im gonna have to call bs
I'm going to have to agree.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

i want a skyline
Old Mar 8, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

You're making the right choice!

I've owned/driven some pretty cool cars - and the Evo ranks up with all them for the fun factor.

The fit and finish isn't THAT bad...

Have fun!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

but why i want the car is the performance expandibily like the srt-4 has with the huge aftermarket support and a large *** back seat that my son's baby seat has ample space. Overall i want a Bigger car and one thats more rounded
read his post and you'ld see why he wants the Evo...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Azn rice racer
im gonna have to call bs
I was born and raised in jamaica, FYI caribbean islands dont import american cars because its too expensive, ive driven and have been in some cars you only read about in magazine and seen at car shows.

toyotas vistas, coronas, wisdoms
evo III gsr's (one of the quickest in my opinion)
my uncle yellow evo5
my grandpa burgandy 97 r33( his baby)(beautiful car in every way)
my other uncle has a GTIR nissan sunny(america's equivalent to the sentra)<---my mom wrecked it
have a couple friends that own SR20det AWD pulsars, 1 runs consistent 11's
my granpa first car was white nissan bluebird with a sr20

Personally i've never been inside a GTO, but i have seen only one at the track. If you dont get it, my family imports cars as a business and also has that nach for speed... just some FYI for the B.S-ers. And if it goes thru anyones mind i can get any JDM car to the states cheaper than any importer, just cant legalize it because jamaica doesnt have the same laws we do.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Go Evo!!!!