Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When are the first shipments coming (again?)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer in DC-metro area got pushed back from mid feb to march 10... This is not good.. anybody else hear about this rumor about assembly line problems?? or maybe they held on to them to squeese and extra 29 HP to match the sti.. better yet, 30 hp more to top it by one.. that would be amusing.. any input on why the sudden dealy would be welcome
Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Thwack
My dealer in DC-metro area got pushed back from mid feb to march 10... This is not good.. anybody else hear about this rumor about assembly line problems?? or maybe they held on to them to squeese and extra 29 HP to match the sti.. better yet, 30 hp more to top it by one.. that would be amusing.. any input on why the sudden dealy would be welcome
Maybe, they suddenly realized that they where blowing smoke when they brought the specs to us and Subaru kick them in the *****, so they are trying to see whether anything can get saved!

Fedja
Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:30 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard it on the subaru forums also. They making fun of saying they are recalling the evos' before they release Maybe they already knew about the VR-4 recalls?
Old Jan 23, 2003, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Daveyd

In York Pa my delivery was pushed from 2/25 to 3/12..umm why may I ask???
Nothing unusual about that. Like I said before, ship dates are not etched in stone.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 06:57 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by gtr
I've heard it on the subaru forums also. They making fun of saying they are recalling the evos' before they release Maybe they already knew about the VR-4 recalls?
It must be the same ones that come on these forums and babble on and on about how much better the STi is. They know who they are...

Last edited by RaX; Jan 23, 2003 at 11:24 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 07:17 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RaX

It must be the same ones that come on these forums and babble on and on about much better the STi is. They know who they are...
I haven't heard people babbling about the Sti being much better than the evo's on our forums . I mostly see spec comparison and wanting to see the real track results. However what i do see is people complaining about mitsubishi not bring over the full blown version.

Then again maybe some people assume people babble on and on about how much better teh STi is when they put the Sti spec besides the Evo's They probably know who these people are...
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:24 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

gtr, I wasn't talking about you. I know you're looking equally at both cars, as many of us are.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:34 PM

San Diego area

I HEARD that there are a couple of Evo VIII's already at a dealership in Carlsbad (San Diego, CA). I actually came on to find out if this was true. Anyone in San Diego know anything?
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:48 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

The earliest shipment is due on 2-10-03 in Tacoma, WA. I think it's the est. date it'll be shipped to your dealer. This came from a reputable source. Again this is estimated arrival date. Maybe give or take 5 days

We've also heard there were some demos in dealerships not for sale.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
The earliest shipment is due on 2-10-03 in Tacoma, WA. I think it's the est. date it'll be shipped to your dealer. This came from a reputable source. Again this is estimated arrival date. Maybe give or take 5 days

We've also heard there were some demos in dealerships not for sale.
I've said it before but...

The earliest ship dates I have for ANY Evo's are 2/10/03 with the second batch shipping 3/13/03. These are the dates the cars are SCHEDULED to leave the port of entry on their way to the distribution network to get them out to the dealers. What these ARE NOT are the dates cars will be arriving in a store near you. Figure another few days to a few weeks for that to happen depending on location. These dates are also not etched in stone. They could wander around a bit.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:05 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Mark F

I've said it before but...

The earliest ship dates I have for ANY Evo's are 2/10/03 with the second batch shipping 3/13/03. These are the dates the cars are SCHEDULED to leave the port of entry on their way to the distribution network to get them out to the dealers. What these ARE NOT are the dates cars will be arriving in a store near you. Figure another few days to a few weeks for that to happen depending on location. These dates are also not etched in stone. They could wander around a bit.
I didn't word it properly, thanks. I meant to say it's the date it'll leave Tacoma, WA.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:34 PM
HS

My dealer believes my EVO will be in on 02/20/03 at the latest.

I hope he is right!!