Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Boost Creep. calling IQWKVO, SPEEDLIMIT AND MALIBU JACK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Creep. calling IQWKVO, SPEEDLIMIT AND MALIBU JACK

OK GUYS, ive just spent 45 minutes reading all posts made under boost creep. I found that you guys had the most to say about it. I am no closer to figuring out if i need to port my wg or not. Let me start out by saying this, I just installed on my car a injen intake and a helix 3" o2 and dp back. Im getting crazy boost creep. Yes i do know the difference between boost spike and creep. Its boost creep. I have my greddy ebc spec2 set for 20 and it holds the 20 on my gauge but allmost possitive its creeping even with my ebc on. I did a test. I turned my ebc off and ran just wg pressure. 12.5 psi. I got on it hard and wham 12.5 psi would hold till about 4k rpm. it would then climb to over 21 psi by 6200 rpm . I tested like 5 times (final time i got poped by some podunk cop for doing 83 in a 45. 600$ test, anyway, my thoughts are this? 1 why does the car get creep with the wg controlling the boost if our wgs are so good stock? 2nd, why can i not controll boost with my ebc if our wg design lets enough gases escape to not get boost creep? my final conclusion. I get boost creep and need a port to my wg hole Yes? no? . Feedback would be great. thanx guys. billy
Old Mar 13, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i figured it out. car still feels like it not hitting boost right ( 20 psi feels slow) but before my exhaust and o2 i had the ebc (greddy spec2) setting at
set 73
gain 5
set gain 68
and was getting 20 psi

now my setting are
set 32
gain 5
set gain 28
getting solid 20 psi huge setting differnce. anyway im going to keep playing with it and maybe turn it down a bit more. still confused as to why it was boost creeping so bad with no boost controller. billy