Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Non USDM Center console for EVO8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2005, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non USDM Center console for EVO8

Do you guys notice that the UKDM Evo got the ugly AC control panel and leave out a big hole in the bottom (supposed to put on gauges), wheras the UKDM/JDM one got the AC console at the bottom (better looking) and you can fit a 2-din stereo Deck on the center console. anyone did this mod or know where to buy the AC module?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 03:16 AM
Evolving Member

HVAC Auto Climate

This has been posted quite a few times already, the AC in the lower Din slot is Auto climate, yes we wish the USDM came with it but it doesn't, I guess they are trying to get rid of old evo 7 Moldings or something, anyway, all the UK / Jap spec cars have the Auto Climate, Straight 8, MR, even the 9 looks like it will come with it, from the few pics I have seen of the 9 interior. Whether the US will get it we won't know until the 9 arrives here.
Apparently the auto climate is Electronically controlled, where as the USDM 8's are controlled by cables (manual) and to update to auto climate, apparently is a right pain in the ****, especially just getting hold of the parts.
Enter in a search "HVAC auto Climate" and see what it pulls up.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

my suggestion is to have someone make you sometihing to hold the stock "ugly" knobs on the bottom and then just order a new center consol piece from japan