Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

lancershop.com's call center sucks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lancershop.com's call center sucks

I have done business with lancershop a.k.a. MastaMinds Inc. before and things went reasonably well.

On Feb 21 I ordered 3 parts from lancershop including a cat-back exhaust. Complete amount was charged to my credit card up front.

On Feb 23 I received notice that all the parts had been shipped along with a UPS tracking number. A couple days after shipment I looked up the tracking status and noticed that the shipment was only 6.0lbs. Given that I had not ordered a lithium/aluminum alloy exhaust, it seemed unlikely that it was included in the shipment and in fact it wasn't.

Over the next two weeks I tried multiple times to get a hold of lancershop via e-mail as well as at their outsourced "24-hour" phone number/call center. It was frustrating dealing with a call center that was following a script and knew nothing specific about lancershop, but there were no other options and e-mail inquiries were not returned.

I called 3 times and each time I called I was told they needed to "call their warehouse" and that I would get a call back within 24 business hours to let me know where the exhaust was. After the first unreturned call, I asked each person I dealt with to give me their word they would personally make sure I got a call back. No such luck.

Finally, 15 days after I was charged, I called my CC company to dispute the charge for the exhaust. Of course the next day the exhaust came and I canceled the dispute.

2 weeks would have been a reasonable amount of time for an exhaust that was not in stock, but there was no way to get this (or any other) information from the vendor.

If you're reading this, lancershop, please consider getting another call center, or better yet, actually having you or one of your direct staff manning the phones during the business day. No doubt not having to deal with customers frees you to make more web sites, post vendor specials on forums, etc. but outsourcing customer service to a weak call center has its own costs, for example future customers.