Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stupid Speeding Ticket! WTF!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 05:54 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stupid Speeding Ticket! WTF!

Ok, need an advice.

I got a speeding ticket last month. It was for 14mph over in 35 mph zone or something in that area.

I was lost, never been there, looking for signs, etc.

Now, I call the Alpharetta city court, they're telling me it's $600!!!!

What they're doing is adding $130 each for every ticket that I have in my driving record on top of the 14 mph ticket that I'm charged for.

That's 3 tickets in last 3 years + the current ticket for 14mph over.

Have you ever heard anything like this before?

I've already called 2 lawyers and will talk to them tomorrow.

There was a lady who's doing 10mph over what I was doing in front of me in a silver camry, but cop decided to pull me over.

I'm so freaking pissed off right now, I'm willing to spend, take out a loan, quit my job to fight this BS ticket.

enough is enough.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks.

There was a lady who's doing 10mph over what I was doing in front of me in a silver camry, but cop decided to pull me over.
That's the way it works. You were speeding as well, you did the crime, pay for it. BUT, it's not right that you should pay an extra $130 per ticket.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:00 PM

Well, sorry to hear about your ticket I know your upset, but I dont think your thinking logically if your seriously thinking of quitting your job to fight some stupid ticket. What they are doing is wrong I would definately say hire a defense. Glad to hear you were simply in an odd area not going +14 just for ****s sake.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

^+1
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

def. fight that 130 for every ticket crap but you were speeding
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

There could be 5 people speeding in a line, it doesn't really matter. It's his choice which car he picks. If you say that to a judge he will just say "what makes you think just because someone else breaks the law doesn't mean you can too".

As far as charging you for prior tickets, I have never heard of that one before. Could be a law pertaining to multiple offender or something. Seems kinda crazy to be able to charge someone twice for prior offenses.

I guess you'll mark this down as a lesson learned and not speed again, right.

edit: If you get a lawyer, they should be able to get most of that crap dropped anyways. Thats what lawyers are for, too give you a little muscle when your in front of the judge. You could call the soliciter yourself and explain what happened and ask to work out a deal. Maybe that will save you from paying a lawyer. Good luck.

Last edited by EVOONYOASS; Mar 16, 2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Plus ur car is red.. they like red cars... "Arrest Me Red"....however, good luck with the lawyers, etc.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 07:23 PM

Yea you did the crime, you do the time. I got 2 tickets within a month.. now I drive like a damn granny =(

I think certain counties within a state even have different rules for how tickets are given (i.e. price). When I got a ticket in Tahoe, NV, it was cheaper than my other tickets that I've had. I guess wherever you got the ticket, they have different rules. Your case may not hold up in court so you might just want to pay for the tickets and be done with. Worth doing some research though.. good luck
Old Mar 16, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that does sound ridiculous , let us know what the lawyers have to say
Old Mar 16, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Whoa. Three tickets in three years, and now a fourth; and you haven't slowed down yet?

I got my first turbo car in 1984, got a ticket in about six months, and slowed down for about 10 years.

I haven't had a ticket since. Could you be driving a little fast over there?

It can't JUST be the cops or the car.

Sorry about the money, but maybe it's time to look inward a little and learn a bit from your mistakes.

Just a friendly suggestion.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:09 PM

I don't think he's complaining about the ticket - it's the adding 130 bucks for each ticket he has on the record part. I'm not sure that's legal, def. talk to a lawyer. I have a good one if you want his #.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
I don't think he's complaining about the ticket - it's the adding 130 bucks for each ticket he has on the record part. I'm not sure that's legal, def. talk to a lawyer. I have a good one if you want his #.
thank you!
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

you might be able to have them drop the current charge if you fight it....
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks, fight it all the way............
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

i'd recommend u get a lawyer that is well known in that county/area...ask around...there are lawyers that can get this kind of stuff dropped...i kno how ur feeling...u got 4 tickets over 3 years...i got 4 over a year...going to court this month...but about the adding on the tickets...i've never heard sumthin like that...atleast not around chicago...did u pay the earlier tickets...or did u get court supervision, or did u take skool....but def get a well known lawyer

Quick Reply: Stupid Speeding Ticket! WTF!