Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

$$$ Talks...evo8 Deposits, And Age

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$$$ Talks...evo8 Deposits, And Age

I for one would like to know how old those of you are that have put a diposit down on the evo8.. And your age. I think i have had enough talk in here from kids who think that that x hp, + x weight wont hold a candle to x car.

Also for those of you in your 30's 40's 50's plus, give me your feed back on how you will feel driving such a car that all the 10-12 grades have a boner over.

im in my early 30's and plan on having no wing and tint the windows , plus take off any friggin Lancer badges. Im only looking for performance and not the hey look at my riced out car,, and yes im 17 years old, and tuff.

thanks
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

well i am in my mid 20's and wish i had planned ahead and had a deposit on one...i want a small wing but the bages can stay as far as i am concerned...

most people won't be able to id the car until close enough to read that small *** badge on the trunk
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:36 PM

see even the small wing is from the regular lancer. im sure the big wing is cool , but damn im just not there,,,, i dont like all that attention........

i want a four door steahty sedan
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

Re: $$$ Talks...evo8 Deposits, And Age

Originally posted by silvrvr6
Im only looking for performance and not the hey look at my riced out car
No disrespect but this is the reason I got into Mitsubishi, the performance. I don't like the totally riced out, kitted out cars that just speak with a high testosterone flow, and I'm only 18(currently looking for a Galant VR-4) and would like a car that looks low profile but goes rather than one that stands out. I take offense to the profiling that just because I'm 18 I want to show everyone how tuff I am, I'd rather drive on empty streets with no one looking. Although it would be interesting to see the ages and such on the people that are getting the evo.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

i think the car looks unbalanced with out some kind of wing on it...the WRX doesn't look right without a wing as well...

the small wing is as big as i will go...if i end up heading to Road Atlanta then a big wing may be in order for the downforce
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

28 years old.
big wing, hopefully silver - my dealer doesn't have an allocation yet... big wing - cause hey, the evo with or without wing is way stealther then my last sporty car...
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

23, this will be my 1st new car, now that I have a real job. I'm getting big wing b/c I like it, though I might consider going to smaller wing once I get my fix
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:45 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
23 going on 24, Can't believe this wing actually helps aerodynamics and add downforce. Awesome However, i can't say the same for other manufactures

You mean X weight without X diffs can't handle with X car. Gotta throw the diffs in your disscussions

Last edited by gtr; Jan 23, 2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

<- 28, deposit down, first in line at my dealer.

Yellow, no sunroof, high spoiler, waiting for me in the first allocation. Exactly what I wanted.

I will be debadging the car (at least the "Evolution" on the back), but just because it looks cleaner. I have wanted an Evo VII since they were first released... I'm just happy to have a shot at the Evo here in the states at a reasonable price.

I expect (err... hope) to have mine up to ~350HP before the Nitrous Express kit... 400+ after once its on the bottle...
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

OUCH!!! N20 on top of 350... are we talking to the wheels or to the crank??? How large a shot are you talking and are you going wet or dry kit?

I guess you are not worried about the waranty?
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

I'm 25 and have my deposit down for yellow, no sunroof, with big wing. While I can respect people liking the small or no wing, I feel that the majority of us who will be getting the big wing are not getting it because we're too immature for our ages or for any rice factor whatsoever. I feel it's simply the way the Evo was meant to be and I don't think that it looks right without it. No need to put us and all the people with civics sporting primer-grey B-2 bombers on the back into the same stereotypical category. And really, who cares if someone DOES want to rice it out. They have as much right to their opinions about style as everyone else does (though I don't tend to share their opinions). We Evo purchasers aren't automatically upgraded to some kind of elitist status nor are we required to present ID for maturity check at the dealer before being allowed to buy one. Besides, SO WHAT if I wanna show off my car to every one? Yes, well, I'll stop rambling now.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:51 PM

21 here.......#12 on the list for a silver small wing w/ sunroof. first shipment (stohlman's mitsubishi) will be coming in early feb. I wont get mine until their 3rd shipment which would be mid-late march (spoke w/ Paul, the man in charge, in person at the dealership about this)

unfortunately i just lost my job(assistant manager at Discovery Channel retail store) that allowed me to afford it now. doing some MAJOR job hunting that pays atleast 21k/year. any less than 21k, i will not be able to afford it . cross your fingers for me to me finding a decent paying job to afford one! good luck guys.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

I'm 18 and have my deposit down for either a silver or black or blue, NO sunroof, and big wing. No I also don't fit into the same stereotypical class as those with civics w/ body kits and crap. I've always wanted the Lancer Evo ever since i played the Gran Turismo games as well as seeing a bunch of them in person while my trip overseas in the summer of Y2k. I don't think the big wing is for the ricer look and crap. Its always has been part of the Evo's heritage for all these years and an Evo without a large wing just isn't the same. Its missing something essential to the identity of the car, you know. I will also debadge the trunk portion of my car, by removing the evolution badge and installing an Evo7 badge, only to have the roman numerals removed and instead show "Evolution" boldly
I may also get a body kit for this car, or a front bumper with the centerpiece removed as well. I have major plans for this car, but I won't modify anything mechanically until the warranty is gone. This will be my baby that will be garaged and taken care of constantly. This is a car for me where I can go to school and back home as well as for the weekends :-D
I'm buying the Evo because I've always had a passion for Evo's for a long time, not because it just looks awesome. I have waited 3 and a half years for this, and it has finally arrived!!
Thank you for your time.

Btw, I have another car which I use to make deliveries in. That's how I am going to pay for the Evo
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by pkim703
21 here.......#12 on the list for a silver small wing w/ sunroof. first shipment (stohlman's mitsubishi) will be coming in early feb. I wont get mine until their 3rd shipment which would be mid-late march (spoke w/ Paul, the man in charge, in person at the dealership about this)

unfortunately i just lost my job(assistant manager at Discovery Channel retail store) that allowed me to afford it now. doing some MAJOR job hunting that pays atleast 21k/year. any less than 21k, i will not be able to afford it . cross your fingers for me to me finding a decent paying job to afford one! good luck guys.
sorry to tell you, but i'm on stohlman's 1st shipment, and that one has been pushed back to march 10, so you're looking into mid april for the 3rd shipment.

no offense intended, but how on earth do you plan on buying a $30k car on a 21k salary?? does that not include the 7-11's you're planning on knocking off? not to be rude or anything, but either you're not budgeting correctly, or far better than I do. you have family helping you out?? maybe a sugar momma??

btw, what's your background and experience, maybe i can try to hook you up at my company (springfield, va)
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:54 AM

Im the first to put a deposit down and i have the choice of black, silver, or red. I would like the option of sunroof and big wing. The only reason i want the wing is because it adds to the proformance. I dont plan to play with my engine at all. Im probably gunna only change the exterior and maybe put a 3-4 point harness in.

Quick Reply: $$$ Talks...evo8 Deposits, And Age