Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Very upset with Freehold Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screw Freehold Mitsubishi........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....Screw you freehold, SCREW YOU. YOU TRY TO SCREW ME? I SCREW YOU.......SUCK MA MOTHER****ING DIAAAA
Old Mar 17, 2005, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by escoson
The car is 4 months old, 8300 miles ive put on so far. I am going to be reporting them to the better business beaure. Im just really mad that this had to happen. I wasnt even racing or anything this happened when i mis shifted. at least thats how i think it was caused. i really dont know. it could even have been a faulty harmonic balancer.

Why should they have to pay for something that was caused by driver error?

Old Mar 17, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Are you kidding me a miss shift might cause some tranny or clutch issues, but how can you over rev a car with a rev limiter.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by nefblkevo
Are you kidding me a miss shift might cause some tranny or clutch issues, but how can you over rev a car with a rev limiter.
There isn't a electronic rev limiter in the world that will protect the motor from a MECHANICAL OVER-REV from a mis-shift.

a mechanical over-rev can damage your engine. If you don't think it can't, go out, go WOT to redline in 3rd, then shift into 2nd. Tell me what happens. TIA!
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Rev limiter will not save you from a miss shift. Say you are in 4th approaching redline and you go to shift into 5th, but hit 3rd. The car's momentum will drive the rpms up over redline. Try it, you will see.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Aaah so, now i uderstand the term, I was thinking that you try and shift into 4th from 3rd at red line and miss the gear ending up in nuetral. My bad.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

By his own admission on a previous thread he stated that the problem started after he mis-shifted trying to engage 5th. Case closed.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Aaah so, now i uderstand the term, I was thinking that you try and shift into 4th from 3rd at red line and miss the gear ending up in nuetral. My bad.
No you weren't. You said the rev limiter would save you from a mis-shift. Don't try and save your ignorance.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Man, that sux major *****......do u have any mods? If not, they have no right to not honor your warranty. Defnitely give them a hard time or get a lawyer (as if this hasn't already been mentioned) and fight them. Good luck!
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
No you weren't. You said the rev limiter would save you from a mis-shift. Don't try and save your ignorance.
You mean RETARDEDNESS.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

to everyone whos being a ********( im not saying any names..cough..razorlab, 02BlackWRX..cough..) I dont care if your mario andretti, for some reason by accident you could miss a shift, or mis a gear, ive dont it, im sure alot of evo drivers have done it. Im so sure that if you missed a shift/ or did whatever, would not mind shelling out $4,700 to get the car fixed. That damage should of been done with just missing a shift, especially a brand new car. I wanted an older m3, but I was torn between that and the evo, and I got the evo because it came with a warranty. If something breaks i expect them to fix it( unless it was pure ignorance like dropping the clutch at 7g's), he didnt even have 10,000 miles on the car yet.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about the whole ordeal. Keep us posted on what's going on.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by bigjhoney
to everyone whos being a ********( im not saying any names..cough..razorlab, 02BlackWRX..cough..) I dont care if your mario andretti, for some reason by accident you could miss a shift, or mis a gear, ive dont it, im sure alot of evo drivers have done it. Im so sure that if you missed a shift/ or did whatever, would not mind shelling out $4,700 to get the car fixed. That damage should of been done with just missing a shift, especially a brand new car. I wanted an older m3, but I was torn between that and the evo, and I got the evo because it came with a warranty. If something breaks i expect them to fix it( unless it was pure ignorance like dropping the clutch at 7g's), he didnt even have 10,000 miles on the car yet.
ok cool, I forgot that if you have a new car, mis-shift and spin the motor to 10k it won't break anything...

So you are basically saying its cool for the dealer and mitsu to pay for your mistakes?

This is the same crap that people pulled when the WRX first came out. Everyone overboosted their cars or did stupid 7k drag launches and wondered why their car broke, brought it to the dealer and told them to fix it. Gee, I wonder why Subaru is so **** on their warranty claims now?

Last edited by razorlab; Mar 17, 2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, the redline is just a suggestion.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by bigjhoney
You must be retarded also. If *YOU* accidentally mis-shift, *YOU* should pay for the mistake, not the dealership.

Christ, what is wrong with people.

Quick Reply: Very upset with Freehold Mitsubishi