Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Oregon Update on Lancer Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oregon Update on Lancer Evolution

Hey Guys - I live in Eugene, Oregon here. Just bought a '03 Lancer OZ about 2 weeks ago .. am learning alot here and I think I may have bought the wrong car. Research shows that the US Lancer Evo will be out here soon, so I decided to do some research about availability to let you all know. I will post this in the Pacific NW area as well ... Below are 4 Mitsu dealerships in Oregon, that will have the Evolution:

EMERALD MITSUBISHI
383 GOODPASTURE ISLAND ROAD
EUGENE, OR 97401-0000
(541) 342-6600 Emerald states that they will have 2 Evos beginning to Mid February. These will be first come, first serve basis. MSRP is 29k, with expected sales price at mid 30's.

DELON MITSUBISHI
695 LIBERTY N.E.
SALEM, OR 97301-1058
(503) 371-0122
Delon says they will also be getting 2 Evos, mid Feb. They will be providing a first come, first server, unless a buyer pre-orders the ENTIRE car (full payment) before it gets here. They wouldn't discuss prices due to "undetermined markup"

TOWN AND COUNTRY MITSUBISHI - (Est. 100 miles)
16900 S.E. MCLOUGHLIN BLVD
MILWAUKIE, OR 97267-4958
(503) 659-5500 MAP DIRECTIONS
TAC says that they will be getting "maybe one or two" Early February. No price, first come, first serve. They expect these to go quickly. They WILL NOT HAVE THESE CARS ON THE LOT FOR INDIVIDUALS TO LOOK AT/TOUCH. The manager has stated that they will ONLY let people "touch" the car if they have been financially pre-qualified to buy the car. He was very adamate about this. He says if I wanna touch it, goto the Portland Car expo.

BEAVERTON MITSUBISHI - (Est. 105 miles)
9270 SW CANYON ROAD
PORTLAND, OR 97225
(503) 292-0111
Beaverton will be having 5 (yes FIVE) Evo's in stock. 3 are earmarked already, 2 are not. They are taking $1000 US deposits to secure a Evo, this can be either check or a CC# that will be held until the day of arrival. The 2 that are left are Red and Black. The red one is expected mid-feb, while the Black is expected Mid-March. ALL five of these come with the carbon-fiber wing as well as sunroof. They state MSRP will be 29-30k, with actual sales price in the "mid 30's". They were very anxious to have me commit over the phone to a car ... as this will be ALL they will have for possibly 6 months.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 06:42 PM

Hey fellow Oregonian!

I'm brand new to this board, but obviously i'm very interested in the new Evo. Especially a BLACK one... ooh. Good thing I live in Beaverton where they're getting one!!

Unfortunately I can't afford one, but I would love to see it in person. It'll probably be gone before they can even display it, but hey, good to know we'll still be getting a few anyway, eh?

Thanks for the heads-up, digdat.

g:
Old Jan 24, 2003, 08:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

with actual sales price in the "mid 30's".

Hahaha... another person willing to pay over MSRP.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:29 PM

newb
Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

B nice. He didn't say he would pay that much over MSRP (did he?).

Dood you can find an EVO for MSRP. At the very least if you can wait until this summer when STI is out you should definitely get MSRP or lower.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Okay .. so as a "newb", I'll take a few disses and thats a given just because you guys dont know me. But please, I'm a new user to THIS board, not ALL boards. For gods sake, here i was thinking that this was a board for discussing information about "US Evo Pre Arrival" ... So, i posted information about the pre-arival status of the Evo in Oregon at a few dealerships; I was actually thinking someone may have appreciated me taking the time to call the different dealerships and post the information that i found out about the "pre-arrival status of the Evo" .... more information is better than none eh? I'm not looking for credit, just to share information.

I appreciate scooby actually being a friendly person. Does everyone else on this board jump on your *** for every little thing? I sure hope not.

I'm excited about the Evolution and am going to Portland Car show this weekend ... its a dope ride.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:58 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having a hard time understanding why would you want an evo if your looking at a lancer oz? Not trying to be rude but..

One is a ultra high performance sports car with steering ratio of 2.1 turns lock to lock to give you an idea what kind of car it is.

The other is a low horsepower family economy car with isn't really built for car enthuists.

I'm saying if you have the money and looking for a sports car you get the evo. Sort of comparing a buick centry to a corvette if you get what i mean?

However i just want to remind everyone that are developing a Ralliart Lancer. This will be cheaper than the Lancer EVO but have sports car like feel.

EDIT: Thanks we do appreciate dealer info and how the market is looking for potential buyers

Last edited by gtr; Jan 24, 2003 at 11:01 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 09:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by digdat
Okay .. so as a "newb", I'll take a few disses and thats a given just because you guys dont know me. But please, I'm a new user to THIS board, not ALL boards...
I took your message as you were looking for the Evo to buy it yourself and with the statement that they're looking over MSRP, I thought you would be settling for that. If you are not, good, because you shouldn't.

Thanks for all the information...the more people we have out there, the better this will be for us.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Oregon Update on Lancer Evolution

Yer Welcome digdat

There are some nice guys on the board. I'm new here too though. I almost bought an OZ this summer, but fortunately I heard about the EVO coming right before I closed the deal. Sounds like an EVO is what you wanted in the first place.

gtr:
Dood he said he just bought an OZ Lancer a few weeks ago. Then afterwards realized the EVO was coming soon, which is more like what he wanted. At least that's what I got from his post...

Originally posted by digdat
Just bought a '03 Lancer OZ about 2 weeks ago .. am learning alot here and I think I may have bought the wrong car. Research shows that the US Lancer Evo will be out here soon
Old Jan 27, 2003, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys,sorry if I came off as abrasive. thats what i get for surfing while troubleshooting video editing issues ... a lack of sleep and coffee may have contributed :P

I did buy an OZ (before doing enough research) and would like to get an Evo. I dont wanna pay over msrp, but the dealer I got mine thru will work with me (get it AT msrp) and be able to trade in my OZ for ...

thanks for the kind comments .. sharing information is key.