Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Someone Messed up my BBS RIMS!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your rim looks just like my lil brother rim when he hit a pot hole. The tire seems to have damaged when from the pothole too.. Just like my lil bro tire.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

damn that sucks
Old Mar 21, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aiight , I guess most of u think its a pothole from the pic, but what about all the paint chips I mean this is the first winter with my new car and if the winter gives my rims that many paint chips, that is just scary, in a couple years i wont even have paint on my rims

Also, since the rims is bent, does this mess anything else up mechanically? like would it be ok to be driving like this for a while?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:01 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

If that's from a pothole and you were driving, you'd know it. It would've sounded like a gun going off in your car.

I'm wondering if someone had access to your car. Did you have it in a shop recently? I once had a car in to get painted and when I got it back the front spoiler was cracked. The shop denied doing it. A month later I got a notice about an unpaid parking ticket. It was dated during the time it was getting painted and the offense took place 5 miles from where the shop was. They again denied it.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CDO
If that's from a pothole and you were driving, you'd know it. It would've sounded like a gun going off in your car.

I'm wondering if someone had access to your car. Did you have it in a shop recently? I once had a car in to get painted and when I got it back the front spoiler was cracked. The shop denied doing it. A month later I got a notice about an unpaid parking ticket. It was dated during the time it was getting painted and the offense took place 5 miles from where the shop was. They again denied it.
Wow! Slightly OT but what happened in your case...?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

I'm running BBS CH wheels on my S4 and I've hit some really nasty potholes....enough to damage the front tire on two separate occasions (sidewall bulge). However, on neither occasion was the wheel damaged.....BBS wheels are effin strong. If you'd hit a pothole bad enough to do this damage you'd certainly remember it. Looks like a case of possible vandalism to me?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

DAMN MAN! Thats F*CKED UP MAN! You got any beef with anybody in the neighbor hood? Maybe an STI guy you smoked?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

damn: either someone doesnt like you , or the car hit some nasty curb
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:22 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by antonio010
Wow! Slightly OT but what happened in your case...?
There was a run in the paint on one door so I took it back to get fixed. That's when the cracked spoiler/parking ticket thing happened. It looked like they took an angle grinder to my door to get rid of the run, and for some reason the whole paint job now looked like s***.

I complained and the owner gave me the runaround and told me to take it up with the painter. I did and then consulted a lawyer. He told me they didn't have a pot to **** in so I wasting my time.

I proceeded with frontier justice from there.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Man, I'm sorry to hear and see what happened to your rim. Someone had to have been attempting to steal it or damage it somehow. I don't know how a pothole could do that kind of damage. Regardless of how big the pothole is, it's not going to cause ur freakin rim to separate from the tire. Also, I'm sure u would have heard ur car make some scary noise if it was a pothole. Some deutsch bag was probably trying to steal it and failed miserably. U could probably have ur insurance company take a look at it and see what they say. Anyways, good luck with ur rim.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

The only time I have seen a rim looks like that is after it impacted something, curb, pothole,
I've seen them look like that after accidents and they usually hit something along the way.
Never seen a rim look like that after vandalism. You need to replace that tire right away and i would replace the rim. You need to get an alignment done also because you can't bend a rim like that without throwing your suspension out of alignment, and possibly bent suspension parts.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:39 PM

Yea dude, you see the bulge out of the tire above the dent on your rim, that indicates you hit a pothole. I was a tire technician for awhile and seen tons of those cases. You should get a new tire definitley, and check if that rim seeps air through the dent. If so you will have to fix that rim.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rlazer5000
Man, I'm sorry to hear and see what happened to your rim. Someone had to have been attempting to steal it or damage it somehow. I don't know how a pothole could do that kind of damage. Regardless of how big the pothole is, it's not going to cause ur freakin rim to separate from the tire. Also, I'm sure u would have heard ur car make some scary noise if it was a pothole. Some deutsch bag was probably trying to steal it and failed miserably. U could probably have ur insurance company take a look at it and see what they say. Anyways, good luck with ur rim.
I had a rather large pothole jump in front of me one day and my tire / rim looked the same. Depending on how the wheels travelled at impact, the scratches on the other rim could be related (hit pothole, car deflects a bit, opposite wheels get scratched on concrete curb footing or something similar, back tire same side takes a beating when it tracks through the pothole ...). If the pothole is deep enough it can happen.

If you were driving it, I'd expect you'd have known it when it happened, otherwise you would have had to have been comatose at time of impact. If you didn't do it, who else has access to your keys, have you gotten it inspected or washed at an automatic car wash with a chain drive, etc.

Bummer tho, I've got my original wheels in my shed, going to get them refinished next month tho. Picked up a set here cheap ($600 for the set, near pristine)

good luck,

-- dave
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

My guess is u got a pothole or a rock in the road or something. Look above that dent in the wheel at ur tire, its like scraped and stuff... sucks tho.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

definitely a pot hotle
when u hit one teh tires collapses and ur side scratches teh road

Quick Reply: Someone Messed up my BBS RIMS!!