Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

You're not going to believe this!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plus not all dealers tear up the cars. the faster they can get the PDI done the more money they can make. we have a set 5 mile road test. get them done and go on to the next one.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsupwr
most cars will have 7-8 miles on them because we are required to perform the PDI on every single new mitsu. the car cannot be sold otherwise. we are also required to put at the least 5 miles on them to check for any problems before hitting the lot.
(PDI) pre delivery inpection. we are a multi line dealer and all new cars have some sort of PDI. if your car had only 3-2 miles on it then the tech did not look at everything and just wanted to be paid.
My Evo had 3 miles when i took delivery. I guess i did my own inspection...all it needed was an alignment.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

did they do an alighnment or did they just take out the spring savers and call it a day. and they probably did the PDI just did not road test as far as supposed too. give me the last 8 digits of the VIN and i can tell you.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

I told them to only do a visual inspection and not to road test it (and they were cool with that). I got the alignment done the following week.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Well I'm glad I only had 2 miles on my Evo from carmax... of course the other 30,000 I've beat the hell out of it
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
driving a car hard with low miles is some people break them in. and even if you dont break it in like that after 10 miles or so the rings are seated anyway.

Last edited by NOLIMITMOTORS; Mar 23, 2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

if it had 4 miles on it than they probably did a quick PDI. just drove it around the block or something. pm me the last 8 digits of your vin and i can tell you
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

I believe it. I've heard similar stories about the local dodge dealerships beating on the srt4's. I feel sorry for who ends up with these cars.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Most race car drivers and mechanics actually recommend getting on the engine during break-in procedure and also using dino oil, this helps the piston rings seal supposedly. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Only thing that worries me is, if they constantly launch the car and do donuts, thats going to damage the tranny. There is noway you can damage an engine unless you neglect it or mod it. They are designed from the factory to withstand a certain amount of abuse without damage.
ive read for both motorcycles and cars the pluses and minuses of beating on it early or doing the "correct" break-in procedure. Some stuff says beat the hell outta it, some says don't. but if they do it already at the factory, then i guess everythings sealed already so it wont hurt, just doesnt help.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

i hate dealership, first they beat u over the head wit their price and they lied and dont know anything the cars they sell...wow...thanx for the info.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

i actually knew a guy that worked at our local mitsubishi dealership and he told me he was in charge of breaking in the car.. he would take it to an arena parking lot near by.. and test out the car.. brakes.. turning at high speeds.. redlining it.. etc..

he broke in my car.. i was kinda blah about that.. felt used..
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everyone has their own theory on break-ins. some people say, drive the **** out of it....others say baby it.

who knows.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

yeah but id think theyd be able to tell you once and for all which way is more effective, how hard is it to test take six cars or whatever beat the hell outta 3 of em and baby the others. look at the long term results. if necessary repeat. i just dont know why there still isnt a definative answer
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

The dealership here in WV, apparently drove the **** out of my evo...heheh....now they had to pay for front bushings, new transmission, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, installed my choice of aftermarket clutch for free...probably more juss can think of anything...and ive had soooo many rental car abuse days....its been great let me tell you...

Lets measure out the price and costs:

Worked down the price (bought brand new): $25,900
Transmission: (3,000)
Rest of drivetrain parts: (750)
Bushings (????)
Labor (3000)

total what I gave them minus the parts : ~$19,000

So ive saved so much money in parts...other than all of that its been a pain in the *** to have all of this re-done...the only good thing to come out of this is now I have an 2005 transmission and a ACT clutch and Fidanza flywheel...
Old Apr 2, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

ahh fresno mitsu on blackstone, went their once, hate adam, SEEMED courteous til he started being an ***. hate that guy. That MR's still there? is the apex silver one still on the showroom too? was the guy u asked some sort of a older man in his late 30s maybe? he was the 1 who told me the IC piping was short ram intake and that the MR can take out a GTO lke nothing

Quick Reply: You're not going to believe this!