Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My experience with RNR Racing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with RNR Racing

Before I go into this I am not trying to bash any vendor or give them a bad reputation. Rather, I am simply informing other members about the experience I had so they can make a better decision for themselves. Over a month ago, I ordered a large quantity of parts from RNR Racing including the gt35r turbo upgrade. I was at school at the time in Colorado and was planning on taking my evo to AMS in chicago over spring break to have everything installed and tuned. I gave Ryan my instructions in mid-february that the parts NEEDED to be at AMS by March 21. As time went on I continued to remind RNR that it was necessary that the parts would be there and they assured me they would. First problem was that the order was shipped in 2 seperate shipments, the first of which did not come to AMS. Instead it came to my house in Wisconsin on March 1st. Now I understand that is a simple mistake, so it was not a big deal. After hearing of this shipment, I tried time after time to contact RNR by phone, email, and PM's. Finally got through and got the tracking number after the shipment was delivered. Being skeptical of the second shipment, I again tried to contact RNR in the coming weeks before the 21st to remind them of the date it needed to be there by and to get a tracking number for the second shipment as soon as it was sent. Finally, this is the PM I recieved back on March 7th....

"Yes, it will be there by the 21st. Let me know if there are any other questions. Thanks Ryan"

Please confirm the shipping address."

After I confirmed the shipping address I waited until a week before the 21st to contact RNR to again make sure they knew of the due date. I tried calling at least 3 times a day with no answer and an e-mail or pm each day to get the tracking number. It was literally impossible to get ahold of them. Finally, in an email sent to me on March 17th Ryan wrote...

"We will have the tracking number on Thurs and it will
be going to AMS by the 21st. Thanks Ryan"

I waited until Thursday and again sent an email for the tracking number and this is the email I recieved back from Ryan on Saturday March 19th...

"Kyle, we didn't have time to get the order shipped on
Fri. We will be sending it out on Monday and I will
email you the tracking number. Sorry for the delay,
but I just want to make sure everything is perfect.
Ryan"

With my situation I am only home for a few days over spring break, which is why the due date was so important and stressed on so many times. After recieving this email it became apparent to me that my package would not be recieved by the 21st. In order to get it there by the 21st, I agreed to pay the extra money for overnight shipping on top of the money I already paid for shipping and it ended up being $150 extra. On Monday March 21st, I recieve an email telling me the package was NOT picked up yet and it would be shipped out tommorow March 22nd. Already my car is at AMS, whcih is costing me even more money to keep it there. Finally a day later I get a tracking number and the package has finally reached AMS today Wednesday March 23rd. Also, of about 30-50 times calling RNR from my cell phone, I finally tried calling *67 two days ago and sure enough... I get an answer. Maybe its just a strange coincidence though. I feel that this is terrible customer service. I am not aware of the quality of the parts yet, but already AMS has run into two problems with the kit. 1. The oil return line is not long enough. 2. The intake I paid extra for from RNR is not compatible because it doesnt have a MAF. Therefore that is $150(shipping) + $250(intake) already that has been wasted. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

there's always two sides to every story, but if half of what you say is true, a big to RNR
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

I can document everything through email's and PM's.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...yea it took 3 weeks to recieve my o2 housing from them but the product was worth the wait. this is different since they promised you it would be there in time. Hope everything works out for you
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:16 PM
slt
Evolved Member

You get what you pay for. RnR is cheap, and the for the most part, their quality is acceptable, but they have crappy customer service.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

PM me if you would like to share experiences.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

The package was overnighted to AMS on Tues. There was also no mistake about sending the 1st small shipment to your house. The credit card company required it. The second package was complete to AMS. We do not sell a 4"Intake for the stock MAF.

Last edited by RnR Racing; Mar 23, 2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
The package was overnighted to AMS on Tues. There was also no mistake about sending the 1st small shipment to your house. The credit card company required it. The second package was complete to AMS. We do not sell a 4"Intake for the stock MAF.
If he said he NEEDED the package AT AMS by the 21st then why did you send it out on the 22nd? Seems like it should have been overnighted last Thursday.

Good customer service means letting the customer know that the package will not be available WITH ENOUGH time to allow the customer to decide how to address the situation, whether with you or without you. You screwed him.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

the only downfall to RNR i see,not getting things out quickly enough.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the only downfall to RNR i see,not getting things out quickly enough.
Thanks Capt. Obvious!
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Thanks Capt. Obvious!
no problem mr.reply jerk
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

This is why we have hired 2 new employees in the last week. We can now answer every phone call and keep up with demand much better.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Thanks Capt. Obvious!
these threads are taking over evom
Evolving Member

Read the thread in my signature for more information about RnR. Their downfall is the entire company. Lack of communication, false promises, and blatent lying. They returned 1 of my 6 phone calls placed, phone records to prove this. And I still have 3 unread PM's in my box from them. That was to appear as though they weren't getting my messages, just so they wouldn't have to respond.

Thankfully they are so crappy with communication they never responded to my paypal claim and it was awarded in my favor. Thats about the only positive I came out of this situation with.

And, while reading my thread, note I said I wouldn't make one post or comment about them or their service if they just refunded my money. They said they had my system ready the 3rd of March, and someone else was interested in buying it that day. I was very civil and tried to be as courteous and polite as possible while communicating with them. There are plenty of other unhappy people -- check out the links in my thread as well
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Please contact the vendor if you have problems. I understand you want people on here to know about your experiences but like it was said above there is always two sides to every story.

Closed.