Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My RnR Racing Experience :thumbdown:

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4TUN8
The other one being locked down is bogus if you ask me. It would be one thing if it was "WHICH INTAKE IS TEH BEST!!?!?! Thread number 0-132342q", but this is relevent.
The other one was locked and redirected as a link in this thread. They (moderators) didn't want to manage 2 similar threads and make sure the bashing and bullsh*t was kept out of two different threads. This is only open temporarily as it is... so no worries.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sneakychaos
I have corresponded with RnR since this message and we have both agreed to keep future comments out of this thread and move on... I've just requested it stay open until the other people who were in similar situations as myself get theirs resolved.
I am glad that this is being handle in the correct arena (off the forum) and like gentleman. It takes a big man to do that. Most people on this forum would keep bashing until the thread was locked or they were banned.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

As a member of this board I would like to thank you sneakychaos for posting your experiences with this vendor. Numerous times people post about their good experiences, and I believe it should go both ways. I share the same concerns with you in regards to shipment of the product in a timely manner, so this has been very helpful to me.

There is no doubt that this vendor's products are good quality, but customer service goes a LONG way with me. Thanks again.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I think the biggest problem for Ryan is that he is a two man shop. As far as I know it is just still him and his dad. The best thing that they could do is hire a few people to take care of the customer service aspects so he can concentrate soley on fabricating.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a similar problem I had with Vivid Racing last year. They sent me the wrong rims and insisted several times that they would fit the car. Come to find out they didn't, and I had to pay for their mistake $300. Restocking fee my A$&. I paided for your "professional" product/service and I got treated like a chump. I learned my lesson the hardway, and I now research every company I buy from extensively. Stay far away my friends............................
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor

In my opinion, for a company to fairly apply a restocking fee, they need to uphold their end of the deal properly. We do have a restocking policy and we sometimes use it. Its there to protect us from certain people and situations.

Ill give you a perfect example of a type of situation where we would hold firm to the restocking fee policy. Say a customer comes into the showroom and buys a $500 dollar electronic boost controller. They pay by credit card, which we have to pay a certain percentage to the merchant service that we use to be able to accept credit cards. They take it home, get it out of its package, undo all the wires, flip thru the instructions, rip the tabs from the box opening it up but they don't actually install it. Then they decide they either financially couldnt afford it or decided they wanted a manual boost controller because ONE person on DSM Tooners posted that the same EBC didnt work for them because it was "too complicated". So they bring it back in and try to return it. Now we have a product thats been "fingerf*cked", we can't really sell it as new now without a discount because it has OBVIOUSLY been opened and doesnt appear factory fresh. We also immediatly lost 2-3% from the CC Merchant for even running the sale in the first place.

That's a situation where we would have to enforce the restocking policy, if nothing else to protect us from loosing money by selling nothing just because of someones indecions.

Now if someone ordered a product from us (be it one we build here in house, or something thats made by another company), and for some reason its backordered or not available by the time we promised it to be (or even a reasonable amount of time for that matter), then we would most likely give the person the option to continue to wait, or cancel their transaction at no penalty to them. Why should they be forced to either stick with it or loose money over something that was OUR fault and not theirs? If we made the false promise, regardless of the situation being something we could control or not, then we ALWAYS try to take care of it and keep the customer happy. We certainly don't like to see threads like this about any shop, much less ours.

I hope everyone can get their situations squared up timely and fairly.

Best regards,
Eric #2
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately, I think that this is a bit of poor communication and a shop with a lot of work to do. I do agree that everything I've heard about the quality of RnR products is top notch, but it does seem that you need a bit of *extra* patience for their products. Sorry to hear about the experience, and I'm glad to hear you guys are working it out. Although I am a big believer in good customer service (accurate communication about the order/shipping in this case), I'd much prefer to see a company that puts out good products do well. So, to RnR, I'd say that setting expectations on delivery dates is an area to work on, and as far as the quality of your work, it's beautiful.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
The member and vendor have stated their arguments and the rest can form their own opinion. Thread closed.