Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My RnR Racing Experience :thumbdown:

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My RnR Racing Experience :thumbdown:

Per the moderating team, do not turn this into a bashing thread. This thread is being left open so those people who are still waiting their stuff can contribute with their personal status. RnR is welcome to post as well, but bashing posts WILL be deleted by the moderating staff. Thank you in advance.

Moderators: Please let me know if you plan to delete this thread or if it belongs in another area. I see all the good posts about vendors, but everybody needs to know about back experiences as well.

I've been waiting for my paypal claim to finally finish before posting this thread, and now that its complete I can let fellow members and enthusiasts know about my experience with RnR Racing. The very last paragraph will be "Cliff Notes" for those who really dont want to read. I have posted this in hopes of resolving other members and enthusiasts either get their money back or get their product as promised as well!

On 2/15/2005, I placed an order for a TBE from them. The first question I asked them via PM was HOW LONG is it going to take after my payment before it is shipped. I have quoted exact wording from PM's between myself and RnR so people understand both a timeframe, lack of communication from the vendor, and lack of effort to notify their customers of work. I have saved all of these PM's if a screen shot is required for verification.

See Next Post for all of the PM's

Also, I am not the only one both dis-satisified with their service, but also some people are STILL waiting for their exhausts. (Who ordered 2 weeks before I did!) So, suspecting a few other things were out of wack, I checked. One guy ordered his on 2/3, and still hasn't gotten it. Another guy who lives in NJ, ordered his 2 days before me, but paid $25 cheap for shipping. I paid $674 total, he paid $649. Last I checked, NJ was further from CA than DE. Here are a few links to other peoples comments about RnR, please check them out before ordering. They make false promises on delivery dates, and their products are all "custom order pieces", not marketable items for sale like the rest of the businesses.

Ordered 2/3, just got their exhaust on 3/23
Ordered 2/15, still waiting as of this post.
Ordered 2/9, just got exhaust on 3/23
Followup to the link above, more comments.
Ordered 3/1, someone else still waiting

Cliff Notes: I paid for exhaust on 2/15/05. RnR said it would ship by 2/21. Multiple PMs and phone calls go un-answered. Still no exhaust or tracking number by 3/6. Ask for refund, they refuse. Claim "custom orders get no refunds." If I choose to cancel, would be a 35% restocking fee!. File Paypal claim, get a response of "now we have to deal with paypal." Claim goes unanswered, thankfully, and I get refunded my money by Paypal.

Last edited by sneakychaos; Mar 23, 2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Begin PM's
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
On Feb 15, 2005, 12:24 PM, you wrote -- We always have the turbo backs shipped within one week of being ordered.
I asked before my shipment was sent, how long is it going to be before my exhaust will ship? This was because I did not want to wait as long as I have.

Originally Posted by sneakychaos
On Feb 15, 2005, 04:40 PM, I wrote --
Sent the payment in for the exhaust. ($599 + 75) I decided not to get the AEM intake though, so I wanted to let you know.
According to you, the exhaust should have shipped on 02/22/2005, to meet your one week from order quota.

On Feb 22, 2005, 05:47 AM, I wrote -- Has my exhaust been shipped yet? Just checking in on its status. Thanks!
I checked in with you on the date YOU committed to having the exhaust sent out.

On Feb 22, 2005, 02:02 PM, you wrote -- We are hoping to have all the turbo back systems out by Fri. Please PM me then for the tracking number, Ryan
As a business with having a paid customer, I shouldn't have to followup with you as to where my product is. You committed to having it sent already, but I accepted your delay and said I would contact you on Friday.

On Feb 25, 2005, 12:05 PM, I wrote -- Ryan,
Do you have my tracking information?
Between that last PM I sent to you, I finally heard back from you when stating I would be filing a claim with Paypal to get my money back.

On Mar 1, 2005, 10:26 PM I wrote

I still have not heard back from you, and according to your PM the exhaust was supposed to ship last friday. If I do not hear back from you within the next 48 hours I will begin the claim process on my paypal payment. I really needed this exhaust sooner than it is coming...
On Mar 2, 2005, 09:35 AM I wrote
I'll give you until tomorrow before I file a claim with Paypal. I should also not have to PM you as a reminder... as a customer, you should be taking care of me, not me reminding you that you owe me parts.
<for space sake, I will omit 3 other messages I sent that also went unanswered.>

On March 2, 2005, 02:11 AM you wrote -- I will have the tracking number by tommorrow afternoon. Please send me a PM reminder. Ryan
Again, you are asking me, the customer, to followup with you to get my tracking information that you should be sending me.

I will give you a call when I get a chance. It is the simple fact that we have to give you $650 back for no reason. It is just bad business. I just want to know honestly why you want to cancel the order. Ryan
Bad business? Come on Ryan, I am really trying to be as civil as possible, but you are making this very difficult. Bad business is saying a product will be made and shipped at a certain time, just to find out it wasn't even started yet.

I am really failing to see what exactly you have to gain from sending me my exhaust. So you made you extra bucks on one sale, but are just instigating more trouble than its really worth. You've even got someone else interested in the exhaust AFTER my post.. sell him mine, for even a little more money, and make a bigger profit. I would just rather get my money back, and be done with the situation, than receive it, have to turn around and sell it myself or go through the Paypal dispute process, and leave negative feedback and threads about my experience with your company.

Also, you asked for my reason for wanting a refund. I am not satisified with the customer serivce I've gotten with your company. (And just FYI, I stated this in an earlier PM to you.. my reason.) You made comparisons to Buschur, AMS and other companies in a previous PM as well -- are you trying to tell me they have never had an order cancelled? I guarentee that is not the case, and I'll bet they do not give potential or in this case current customers as much of a hard time as you are giving me about it.

I'm not sure what you want from me.. would you like begging? More phone calls asking for my money back because I'm not satisifed? I'm being honest here, as you asked... Please just tell me what you possibly have to gain by sending the exhaust to me, VS negative effects of my experience with other potential customers, and the possibility of losing other business?

Please make sure you understand, I just want my money back. If that happens, believe me it'll be the last time you hear from me. That is not a threat in any way, shape or form,... just again asking for my moneyback. I'll be happy, you'll get no negative comments or publicity, and you already have someone else interested in buying this exhaust.

Jim
End PM's
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

So you waited 2 weeks on a group buy sale an then wanted your money back. It is clearly listed on our site that there is a 35% restocking fee. This is the industry standard for custom made and fabricated parts.

We did end up giving you all your money back. Still never understood the problem, but you have the right to do want you want. Ryan
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We did end up giving you all your money back. Still never understood the problem, but you have the right to do want you want. Ryan
I'm no brain surgeon, but I'd say the problem is that you told him you would ship his exhaust and give him the tracking numbers on a certain date, then never followed through. On top of that, I'd say that you could have either put a message here, or sent PM's/Emails to everyone that bought from you saying the shipments would be delayed and for how long.

Again though, I'm not the brightest....
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I'm no brain surgeon, but I'd say the problem is that you told him you would ship his exhaust and give him the tracking numbers on a certain date, then never followed through. On top of that, I'd say that you could have either put a message here, or sent PM's/Emails to everyone that bought from you saying the shipments would be delayed and for how long.

Again though, I'm not the brightest....
You got it. If I asked for a date before I paid, obviously it was a concern. You didn't deliver your product based on your own terms. Clearly I'm not the only one who is/was upset. I did forget to post some PM's.. they are added below:

On Mar 2, 2005, 01:57 PM you wrote:
Jim, I stayed late last night and built the exhaust already. It is boxed, labeled and everything. It is leaving here today. Ryan
Whats amusing by this PM was that there were 3 other people who ordered before me, two of which are still waiting for their exhaust. Obviously you didn't stay up late making exhausts, because I would imagine people who order first would get their product first.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Funny thing is, there are two threads about RnR on the front page. Both are negative.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I just hope the moderators do not close this thread. As you can see, there are two sides and RnR has given their comments.

I personally don't care if it gets closed AFTER all the other community members from this forum have received their products, gotten real status' on their orders, or refunds.

I hope they allow that to happen.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
Funny thing is, there are two threads about RnR on the front page. Both are negative.
yeah,true.another funny thing is,i still kinda want there turbo kit from them even though i know it won't get to me quick i still like rnr stuff
Evolved Member

Let's keep this clean.

Last edited by stvbreal; Mar 23, 2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=129351
Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Great Post Chaos I hate when things like this happen to me and I think to myself "If I had only known" well now I do, thanks for keeping the community informed Chaos
Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

edited

Last edited by RnR Racing; Mar 23, 2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

I am sorry to hear about your problems w/ RnR. I just received some parts for my turbo kit from them and they turned out pretty good. I even had an issue on a part and Ryan stepped up and gave me refund. He has always answered my PM's in a timely fashion (1-3 days) and has been helpful w/ questions.

I think some of there delivery problems came about from these group buys. Sometimes parts take time to get (tubing, flanges, etc could be backordered from there suppliers) or some people may have special needs. I doubt there just sitting in the back room watching TV and ignoring there obligations. It even sounds like they hired some extra help.

All in all, I think this will be known as a "learning experience" for them.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The other one being locked down is bogus if you ask me. It would be one thing if it was "WHICH INTAKE IS TEH BEST!!?!?! Thread number 0-132342q", but this is relevent.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed on the learning experience. Like I said, this was my experience. In all honesty, I did hear nothing but GOOD things about their product's quality and performance, which is why I decided to buy from them to begin with. Things, FOR ME, went downhill from there and I wanted other people to know who might have similar concerns.

I have corresponded with RnR since this message and we have both agreed to keep future comments out of this thread and move on... I've just requested it stay open until the other people who were in similar situations as myself get theirs resolved.