Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dyno flash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
A picture is worth a 1,000 words - here is today's tune

What set up is that Al?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stock turbo and alcohol injection.

kinda misleading to the inquiring customer i think.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
stock turbo and alcohol injection.

kinda misleading to the inquiring customer i think.
That tq is the only thing that looks a lil misleading.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
by misleading i mean, this person is asking about a base flash. he don't know jack about nuthin, so i assume he has no mods, def none that will net him anywhere NEAR that power but yet, thats the dyno sheet he puts up, not the 260whp one that this guy will be getting
Old Mar 24, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn the HP curve is so damn strait! why does it fall a little at 6.5rpms? Thats great cant wait to see you friday, made me more excited.

I've been with dynoflash since day 1, first starting with testing the mail in flash and even in the begining I gained 30whp with a stock evo.

My second time last winter I did the custom tune, and had similar results. I gained about 40whp and about 60 torque from the base pull.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some awesome results again and I'll post my dynos before and after for you.

You will only be happy with dynoflash and he has awesome customer service, and is very understanding. He will make sure you are satisfied!

~Brett~
Old Mar 24, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Have you had experience with ithem bout. If not you cant be a judge in it.
Biotton line both the Dynoflash and Xedeflash work great have seen both on the the dyno Dynodynamic and Dynijet, and at he dragstrig and mountain roads. I have ridden in both . Al has great custioner service as far as if you qiuk have any problems and Shiv will fo the dame but in his one good time. Both have different advantages
I have had experience with Dynoflash, TurboTrix, and Vishnu flashes.

My take on the three:

Dynoflash: don't like Al or the Dynoflash. Made 260 WHP with several bolt ons. Was not able to recitfy the situation for about 8 months. Bad experience. Other people say they like him.

TurboTrix: I like Mark. If you can get in touch with him you will find that he knows what he is doing and can tune very well. He made a lot of power with my car (292 with same bolt ons as I had with Dynoflash) and the ECU. Has now made up to 360 AWHP with my ECU and stock turbo, intercooler, motor. This is the company I like to deal with for my car and who will always be tuning my car. Mark shows that he does care about things being right.

Vishnu - I have only had a base flash from Shiv and it has worked great. More than having my car tuned by Vishnu, I have had the opporunity to work with Shiv for a weekend of tuning XEDE users cars in Texas, Louisiana, etc. My impression of Shiv is that he is a really smart guy who doesn't feel like he has to fight in the trenches against someone like Al, who's best quality is his ability to talk up his product. I think Shiv is a great tuner but certainly takes a different approach than Mark from TT.

Overall, my preference is with TurboTrix. I think Vishnu is a premium Evo tuner and I think Al can't let his work speak for itself, rather he has to speak for it himself.

One other thing I would like to put out there. There is so much crap being posted on the forums about power being made, quality of products, etc. Everyone should know that dyno graphs like the one posted above should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. There is no way to verify these charts, "case studies," etc except by taking the word of the poster. Don't ever take anyone's word. If it's too good to be true then it probably is. Don't get duped. Dyno your car at an independent facility not associated with the tuner. Don't base it off a butt dyno or road tune. Don't get sold to, rather, make an informed decision. ALL flashes will make power over stock. It doesn't mean it's the best solution for your car though. It's not hard to better a stock configuration. Good luck to all and I hope your road to the right decision won't be as bumpy as mine was. I'm very happy now.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the help
Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS

My take on the three:

Dynoflash: don't like Al or the Dynoflash. Made 260 WHP with several bolt ons. Was not able to recitfy the situation for about 8 months. Bad experience. Other people say they like him.

TurboTrix: I like Mark. If you can get in touch with him you will find that he knows what he is doing and can tune very well. He made a lot of power with my car (292 with same bolt ons as I had with Dynoflash) and the ECU. Has now made up to 360 AWHP with my ECU and stock turbo, intercooler, motor. This is the company I like to deal with for my car and who will always be tuning my car. Mark shows that he does care about things being right.

Vishnu - I have only had a base flash from Shiv and it has worked great. More than having my car tuned by Vishnu, I have had the opporunity to work with Shiv for a weekend of tuning XEDE users cars in Texas, Louisiana, etc. My impression of Shiv is that he is a really smart guy who doesn't feel like he has to fight in the trenches against someone like Al, who's best quality is his ability to talk up his product. I think Shiv is a great tuner but certainly takes a different approach than Mark from TT.

Overall, my preference is with TurboTrix. I think Vishnu is a premium Evo tuner and I think Al can't let his work speak for itself, rather he has to speak for it himself.

One other thing I would like to put out there. There is so much crap being posted on the forums about power being made, quality of products, etc. Everyone should know that dyno graphs like the one posted above should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. There is no way to verify these charts, "case studies," etc except by taking the word of the poster. Don't ever take anyone's word. If it's too good to be true then it probably is. Don't get duped. Dyno your car at an independent facility not associated with the tuner. Don't base it off a butt dyno or road tune. Don't get sold to, rather, make an informed decision. ALL flashes will make power over stock. It doesn't mean it's the best solution for your car though. It's not hard to better a stock configuration. Good luck to all and I hope your road to the right decision won't be as bumpy as mine was. I'm very happy now.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS

My take on the three:

A man with experience with all three has spoken. Somehow I had a feeling that dynoflash was not going to be talked up in your post. However, your post was objective and pretty accurate IMO. Road tuning with the butt dyno is a way of the tuner, that does not own a dyno, saving money and making more profit at your cars whp expense. Good write up and good post.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
so why doesnt the tq and hp cross at 5252rpm?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
so why doesnt the tq and hp cross at 5252rpm?
it does it you scale them right.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Hey,

FYI I had my car dynoed at TT, and Tomorrow I'm taking it to pruven to get the custom tune. So my base pull is already done, and tomorrow after the tune you be able to see the difference. Base from TT pulls and Final tune from Pruven.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo11V
Hey,

FYI I had my car dynoed at TT, and Tomorrow I'm taking it to pruven to get the custom tune. So my base pull is already done, and tomorrow after the tune you be able to see the difference. Base from TT pulls and Final tune from Pruven.
This will be a perfect example of a flawed and meaningless comparison.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

well they will obviously do their own base pulls but at least i can compair it to a different dyno thats all.

I see what your saying and yes it would, but i'll be sure to give the 2 starting base pulls from both tt and pruven and then my final at pruven.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo11V
well they will obviously do their own base pulls but at least i can compair it to a different dyno thats all.

I see what your saying and yes it would, but i'll be sure to give the 2 starting base pulls from both tt and pruven and then my final at pruven.
I suggest you also do another dyno pull later on at TT.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

lol, if i had money to burn i would... I was thinking the same thing before you even posted it. It would be nice, i'll accept donations lol.

Texas how do you like your GSC cams, you got retuned yet?

Quick Reply: dyno flash