Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dyno flash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just got the mail in dynoflush and I'm very happy with it!

I would recommend starting with a catback on TBE and MBC before you flash.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo11V
lol, if i had money to burn i would... I was thinking the same thing before you even posted it. It would be nice, i'll accept donations lol.

Texas how do you like your GSC cams, you got retuned yet?

I love these cams. I want everybody to run them! I get retuned on April 2nd. I'll be out of town that day so joeycoates is taking it to the dyno place.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
sweet... getting my retune tomorrow at 1pm est these cams are great, cant wait to see how they do after i get rid of my 10:1 A/F's.

Basically as you can see the flashes people have many differnt opinions to which is better, many people are equily happy with the different tuners, its a matter of opinion. Just make your own decision. Try dynoflash if you dont like it get a refund like al offers on the mail in flash, and then try someone else if unsatisfied. See if others will give you the same offers on a trial period.
Good luck... get some GSC cams, lol
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Well said Evo11v. I would always prefer to deal with a local shop but I live in WV so that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
I love these cams. I want everybody to run them! I get retuned on April 2nd. I'll be out of town that day so joeycoates is taking it to the dyno place.
Also luvs them cause they were free. LOL Nice product still.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

I just got a base flash with ecu BC on a stock Evo. I don't know y i didnt do it earlier. Big difference, and im 100% happy with dynoflash!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsujeff55
Also luvs them cause they were free. LOL Nice product still.
My cams were NOT free. I was HOPING they would be free, but they weren't.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Me too I got them the first day they came out, b/c I was going to buy HKS origionally and then I had some problems with the seller so I just asked for a refund. Since I had the shop date set up for 2 days later I got with my relyable vender and he told me about these new cams and offered to get me them before the 2nd day.

I was very happy compared to other cars i've drove with the hks setup.

Too bad they werent free like EvoTexas said since him and I both got them probably first lol. we have to start collecting comission from GSC lol.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

my input on this not going on my experience =/

I don't know about east coast territory, but from the peepz in the west coast his flash sucks. Majority of the peepz I know "I know alot," With turbo-back, intake, pump, and boost has been in the 240's and 260's and no higher, and that's with his custom tune flash, not his basic flash. Most of this peepz have to fine tune it more with safc bcz his flash sucks. There's been few lucky west coast that hit the low 300's w/his custome tune flash but they hit it w/cams, and that's with cams. Check out tuning technologies safc tune w/out flash, same mods get 300 hp w/out cams on 91 octane.
Also check out many other dissapointment that his flash has done. I don't know... lots of peepz have gotten good results from him, but lots also have lost HP and didn't gain ****.

its 50/50 on dynoflash. I say go for Turbotrix! I haven't heard a bad customer report and it looks promising.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moogle
my input on this not going on my experience =/

I don't know about east coast territory, but from the peepz in the west coast his flash sucks. Majority of the peepz I know "I know alot," With turbo-back, intake, pump, and boost has been in the 240's and 260's and no higher, and that's with his custom tune flash, not his basic flash. Most of this peepz have to fine tune it more with safc bcz his flash sucks. There's been few lucky west coast that hit the low 300's w/his custome tune flash but they hit it w/cams, and that's with cams. Check out tuning technologies safc tune w/out flash, same mods get 300 hp w/out cams on 91 octane.
Also check out many other dissapointment that his flash has done. I don't know... lots of peepz have gotten good results from him, but lots also have lost HP and didn't gain ****.

its 50/50 on dynoflash. I say go for Turbotrix! I haven't heard a bad customer report and it looks promising.
His flash meaning mail in, street tune, or custom dyno tune?

b/c Mail in flashes are like you said 50/50 depending on your mods (in my mind). Stock evo I think mail in flashes are the best way to go but when you start putting on numerous mods it makes it harder to pinpoint a specific tune. For example when i tested the trial flash with AL i gained 30whp on a stock evo. Just recently I got cams and with a mail in flash I got some decent numbers but mail inflashes tend to be very safe. I had 10:1 af ratio on my last temporary mail in flash until I could find some time to get on the dyno with al.

Street tunes i'm not 100% sure about but i'm sure they are 2nd compared to the dyno since he uses a wideband a/f and a bunch of similar gauges. Seems to me to be close as hell to a dyno.

The dynoflash on the dyno is definanetly the best since he can see the curve and adjust accordingly to maximize the power, where he can adjust timing issues and ect.

I'm no expert on his tune but I do read alot about them, spoken with him, and have been a user before he released them.

You will probably see similar results to other mail in flashes. I've heard mark at TT say similar things reguarding mail in flashes in general, basically saying that they are good but are usually very conservative. But again on a stock evo they are more promissing.

this is always a touchy issue, and is very hard to compair one tuner to the other. As you can see there is a lot of conflict on this issue, and usually these posts start flaming arguements.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My cams were NOT free. I was HOPING they would be free, but they weren't.
Oh, i know me and you were supposed to get them....but he decided against doing it for me....and since you were steady promoting them, i assumed you still got yours.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

i think als flash on my car is a real piece of $hit. i can't stand it cause while racing when i throttle it to much the a$$ end comes around.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo11V
His flash meaning mail in, street tune, or custom dyno tune?

b/c Mail in flashes are like you said 50/50 depending on your mods (in my mind). Stock evo I think mail in flashes are the best way to go but when you start putting on numerous mods it makes it harder to pinpoint a specific tune. For example when i tested the trial flash with AL i gained 30whp on a stock evo. Just recently I got cams and with a mail in flash I got some decent numbers but mail inflashes tend to be very safe. I had 10:1 af ratio on my last temporary mail in flash until I could find some time to get on the dyno with al.

Street tunes i'm not 100% sure about but i'm sure they are 2nd compared to the dyno since he uses a wideband a/f and a bunch of similar gauges. Seems to me to be close as hell to a dyno.

The dynoflash on the dyno is definanetly the best since he can see the curve and adjust accordingly to maximize the power, where he can adjust timing issues and ect.

I'm no expert on his tune but I do read alot about them, spoken with him, and have been a user before he released them.

You will probably see similar results to other mail in flashes. I've heard mark at TT say similar things reguarding mail in flashes in general, basically saying that they are good but are usually very conservative. But again on a stock evo they are more promissing.

this is always a touchy issue, and is very hard to compair one tuner to the other. As you can see there is a lot of conflict on this issue, and usually these posts start flaming arguements.
All the # I quoted are Custom Road tune. I have not seen a evo passing the 260 mark on his flash: 91 octane, turbo-back, intake, pump, and boost. East cost tune I don't know maybe its remarkable, but in the west his flash is terrible from what I seen.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

dynoflash is working fine for me. keep it going Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:00 PM
Account Disabled

I think Al can't let his work speak for itself, rather he has to speak for it himself.

One other thing I would like to put out there. There is so much crap being posted on the forums about power being made, quality of products, etc. Everyone should know that dyno graphs like the one posted above should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. There is no way to verify these charts, "case studies," etc except by taking the word of the poster. Don't ever take anyone's word. If it's too good to be true then it probably is. Don't get duped. Dyno your car at an independent facility not associated with the tuner. Don't base it off a butt dyno or road tune. Don't get sold to, rather, make an informed decision. ALL flashes will make power over stock. It doesn't mean it's the best solution for your car though. It's not hard to better a stock configuration. Good luck to all and I hope your road to the right decision won't be as bumpy as mine was. I'm very happy now.
Evotexas - it seems we have to keep going down the same road over and over again and you find ever more creative ways to bash my product, this time apparently you are saying that my dyno sheets posted are some how fabricated or manipulated. Just to remind you, there are at least 300 dyno sheets posted on my forums of my product - 99% of them done with the customer present and observing. I have dozens of dyno sheets posted up here by customers all over the usa on independant dynos which have produced similar results. More relevant - I have a dozen customers into the 11's with my reflash - more than any other tuner (some tunes dont even have any into the 11 second club).

With over 1500 individual Dyno Flashed ecus out there I enjoy a really good record for reliability and durability with my tunes.

Your experience none withstanding (which has been discussed ad nausium) there are hundreds of Dyno Flash customers here who have had a very positive experience and excelent results.

Just two weeks ago I was in Atlanta at Top Speed tuning on an "independant" dyno jet dyno and the numbers I was making were just the same as I make on my own home dyno jet at Pruven Performance here in CT. Here is the thread from the Atlanta trip - https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=127538&page=1. This is one of many dyno sheets from that day.

From the Buschur Racing web site - a car I tuned at Buschur Racing some time ago with reflash :

Here is another "butt tuned" customer from NC who took his car to a 100% independant dyno facility and tested out his flash - notice the similar results ?

Finally - the reason why I posted the dyno sheet above yesterday was it just happend to be the dyno sheet I had just tuned yesterday - my concept just to show a typical Dyno Flash with alcohol injection like I tune every day. If I wanted to post something special I would have posted a large turbo dyno sheet. It was just my most recent tune and I liked the shape.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Mar 24, 2005 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: dyno flash