Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dyno flash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been in a few cars tuned by dynoflash, I was very impressed at the painstaking process that was invovled in just doing one car. It is a whole process and as a tuner myself I was very impressed by the way he conducted the tune.
As for personality, well Allan can be friggin abrasive sometimes, but it is hard to tune a car and listen to smalltalk at the same time, I can understand that.
The work is good though.

I am not trying to compare this tune to another tune, but I think it is unfair to decry someones work especially when it seems to be doing ok for most.

I am sure everyone will have their preference with the reflashes, Mark does them also and his customers seem happy.

Sean

Last edited by Sean I; Mar 24, 2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good tuner will let his work/satisfied customers do the talking for the product. He will not write 1/2 page rebuttals and post up numerous dyno sheets trying to hype himself up. Most importantly, a good tuner will not make cars undriveable, which has happened more than once with Dynoflash.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bonestockevo8
A good tuner will let his work/satisfied customers do the talking for the product. He will not write 1/2 page rebuttals and post up numerous dyno sheets trying to hype himself up. Most importantly, a good tuner will not make cars undriveable, which has happened more than once with Dynoflash.
this is somewhat true.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Well I know a couple people up here in Oregon that had the mail in dynoflash and they are very happy with it. I know I'm doing it here in the next couple of weeks. Like Al said if I'm not happy with it them I send it back.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

Personally, Ive had my car tuned twice by Al (and a third time coming up) and have had 0 (ZERO) problems and couldnt be happier with the results. Im currently running BR stage 4 and have had the tunes since I was on the stage 1 (back in July of '04).
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Your sarcasm detector is broken....did you do a 7k dump with it or something? You have to feather it man....
no sarcasm when i posted.
7k dump?
feather what?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
It pushes this button
now who is using sarcasm?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Have you had experience with ithem bout. If not you cant be a judge in it.
i have not personally got either flash , but its just what i have read from other peoples accounts of what they have said about there results from the dynoflash.

that is why i said "i feel" in my post , not i know.....

since he asked if its "worth to dyno flash are cars" i think i can post. or reply to that question. silly
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

As for Burningmoney97 and me, we are around a group of people who have sent there ecu's to get flashed. there has been mixed results from people henceforth the fifty/fifty comment. My personal opinion is that since it is highly reccomended that you reflash for any additional mods you do, you should not flash until you have done all your mods and are not planning to do anymore unless you have time and money to burn. For Burningmoney 97 and me, it's a pain in the butt to have to take out the ecu, and ship it to the mainland and then wait, and have to repeat the process if you want to change something, having no AWD dyno in hawaii sucks, but we deal with it. Flashing or tuning is the best thing to ever do to your car but it has to be done right, and i personally am sceptical since the flasher or tuner is not actually working on my car.