Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CFT Friend or Foe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CFT Friend or Foe?

As many of you know CFT is about the most popular 4wd Dyno in town and tuning shop. I own the yellow evo with the rally vynals on it found at cardomain and well recently we did a dyno as you seen on the video, which for some reason they took it down.

that same day they had replaced the transfer case gear lube with motor oil. :eek2: thats right motor oil... what moron would confuse motor oil with gear lube :nuts: anyhow the Transfer case was sent to TRE (Team Rip Engineering) which is a group that specializes in 4wd trans. the outcome was the diag shown a postive indication that the wrong lubrication was used cuasing the case to grind and howl (i will scan the paper notifying this indication).

I procceded to speak with javier then he said " Talk to Rolo" therefore I spoke with Rolo about this matter he told me I have to take the matter with the tech and he isnt responsible for anything with this situation. So I spoke with the tech and he bluntly told me "I dont have 3,000 to pay for your transfer case" :eek3:... I realize how unproffesional these people are. No Customer Service, unexperienced, and irresposible. They were not intrested in having an evo project, they were intrested in my money for the project, also the fact that im well known through out the town as the owner of proccolino's and the ex owner of soprano's.

make a long *** story short... CFT is not a shop worth trusting with your hard earn money. If the tech is gonna do whatever wants I dunno who is the boss there. I advise you to shop around there are many other shops such as aerocomp, titan, and Gato Performance. If you do decide to go to CFT please take careful watch to what they do with your car and money.

Special Thanks to John for helping me out thru this whole ordeal and for sending me the correct parts and the fast service
Old Mar 23, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRE saves lives... Dude, that freaking sucks, tons of shops rely too much on one single human being, jobs should be checked, and double checked... My brake fluid cap was left off, sitting 3 inches from the resevoir on a 400 mile drive cuz the guy that did my brake pads and all that forgot to screw it back on...