Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ticketed for no front plate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front plates

One of my friends dad, who is a lawyer got a ticket for this, and just before court he went and took pictures with a digital camera of the judges car, prosecuters car ect. nebody who was working in the courtroom w/o front plates. Then while he was in court he asked the judge why he didnt have to have front plates, and showed the pictures. Its pretty ballsy and not an actual legal defense, but he made the judge look like an *** and he threw it out.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:49 AM

here's the experience i had with the law if this will help. This is when i was 18, I had just purchased a vehicle and within 2mos and I got pulled over for speeding, i fought it and said i just got the vehicle, i didnt know the speedo was not calibrated, showed the papers that it was recently purchased....blah, blah.....(though i knew it was off) and the judge says to me......"it doesnt matter that you didnt know that you were speeding, its the fact that you were speeding....bottom line". Paid fine, left with tail between legs.

So put your plate on! quit whining!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:58 AM

in cali its required soo that all the stop lights here with the camera's on them can take a picture, b/c they only get the fron liscene plate not the rear....i was pulled over and ticketd for it, never got it fisxed, just payed it off... keep the plate on the the dash by the window and ull have no problem at all
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I've had a plethora of tickets in the past 2 years since owning this car. Not once have they cited me for no front plates(knock on wood). Isn't it it just a fix it ticket. I say pay it and keep it off. I hate front plates on this car.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

i've gotten two tickets so far in jersey... except over here it's a $55 fine for no front plate. i paid it both times, i doubt that it's something we can get dismissed over here.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

its a pretty expensive gamble to take.. you really have no defense and when your found guilty, you will have to pay the fine, the cops overtime for coming in (min. 2 hrs.), plus court fees. it's best to just pay the ticket and move on.

Besides, if you are just appearing on the date on the tickets, its just to enter a plea. At that time they'll set you up an actual hearing date. You can plead not guitly at that time and come back for the hearing date. They usually allow time before the hearing to talk to the DA. You may be able to work something out with that person prior to your hearing. If not, you can change your mind and just plead guilty.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

tell them it came off in a carwash and you had to go get it fixed....
Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by gnulooks
3 tickets for the same thing, I think the judge is going to start wondering why you are not fixing your problem...
I didn't mention they were the same tickets. They're not. All different kinds.

Originally Posted by brentg07
One of my friends dad, who is a lawyer got a ticket for this, and just before court he went and took pictures with a digital camera of the judges car, prosecuters car ect. nebody who was working in the courtroom w/o front plates...
How did he find out what car they all drove.

Originally Posted by AUSS1E
ehhh.....ummm......Put the plate on
It's a little late for that, but I do plan on putting it on. I tried putting it on today, but the far left bolt (looking at the plate) doesn't even reach the bolt near the intercooler. How did you guys manage to fit that?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
Yes, it does. But I've gone almost 2yrs straight without being pulled over til now. I just need some suggestions on what to say in court, any excuses that you think can get me off the hook.
how much was ticket? just curious
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

For you guys that have the plate on the dash...I hope you have it secured well, if you get rearended you or a passenger could loose your head.

When I got pulled over for not having one on the front, I pulled it from under my seat and explained to the officer that my mount was torn off in a car wash. I installed one (using double-sided tape instead of drilling the bumper) and the next week he was sitting at the same place he pulled me over and nodded at me when I went by.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

What do you have against putting on a front plate? My motto with the cops is "Don't Give Them a Reason". There are plenty of Evo's with front plates that don't interfere with the plumbing. You will need to have a dumb judge to believe a "no bracket" excuse. Good luck tho...
Old Mar 24, 2005, 03:07 PM
rn

ya, i agree with the reason that ur plate frame was broken that's y u took it off. and i think the best reason y ur plate frame was broken is, a stupid driver bump ur front end while doing parallel parking ealier that day. no after market frame available! what can u do but 2 drive ur car.....
Old Mar 24, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gbwaacha
here in NJ...the fine is like 40 bucks...just pay it and keep on dirving with it off...i dont drive an evo but i havent had any problems since...plus i have tint which is illegal also...
^^^^ what he said.... Ive been driving for 3 yeas.. been stopped like 5 times lololol and they never noticed the plate or gave me a ticket... but if they do im just gonna pay the stinkin thing and keep my front plate OFFF.... its so useless