Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Perfect Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GinuwineEvo8
If $$$ is not a problem .. the a custom titanium JIC PERHAPS Downpipe and test pipe and a Greddy Ti.

You must understand that the Greddy Ti is only a catback - you still need to fork up $$$ for a downpipe/hfc/testpipe depending on your needs ..

For the price of the Greddy Ti catback - you can get a whole BR 3 inch Turboback with either the magna flow or br canister ... and be almost as light but still just as fast with the best flow.

To each its own ... Form or function?
No way, if money isnt an issue you should be going Amuse. The GReddy Ti is a "so-so" titanium system. I would take the JIC 505S Ti over it.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:48 PM
Account Disabled

Helix 3" TBE with delete pipe. Awesome Power, and Super Nice Sound. The price is just great. $765 delivered to my house.

Once again.....

Adv.

- Great Price
- Super Quality
- Super Power
- Awesome Sound.

Minuses

- None.....
Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cet_euro
Helix 3" TBE with delete pipe. Awesome Power, and Super Nice Sound. The price is just great. $765 delivered to my house.

Once again.....

Adv.

- Great Price
- Super Quality
- Super Power
- Awesome Sound.

Minuses

- None.....
What about the fitment issues? The downpipe hits the TC and the muffler touches the rear bumper. A few people have had their hangers on the axleback break as well.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

a perfect exhaust for a turbocharged car is a funnel on the exit side of the turbine housing that starts the size of the exit and flares out to 6-8".

but realistically you can't have that....so just make your own 3 inch exit quickly flared out to 3.5"...mandrel bent...as straight as possible...and a race pack high flow muffler if you want some noise reduction.

I guess you have to be more specific with what "perfect" means. (sound, power, ect.)
Old Mar 24, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

The Perfect Exhaust System

If you can afford it, get the AVO. Looks stock, sounds stock, nice deep tone, no drowning and a solid 25 AWHP and 25 AWTQ across the rev range.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zlancer
a perfect exhaust for a turbocharged car is a funnel on the exit side of the turbine housing that starts the size of the exit and flares out to 6-8".

but realistically you can't have that....so just make your own 3 inch exit quickly flared out to 3.5"...mandrel bent...as straight as possible...and a race pack high flow muffler if you want some noise reduction.

I guess you have to be more specific with what "perfect" means. (sound, power, ect.)
Sorry, this is off topic, but you own one of those Dodge Turbo minivans? Those things are unreal!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:00 PM
Account Disabled

Yes I know what you are saying. I called Gruppe-s and they sent out new fittings and it's just great. The bumper only took 2 days of crazy heat and the exhaust just melted into place... I am trying to be fucnny. It really doesn't bother me. It's very small even if you look you really can't tell anything.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Perfect is so subjective...does perfect equal perfectly power....perfect design...perfect weight....perfect price...perfect balanced?

Most lightweight is probably Buschur....granted there are stock tie bar issues, no flanges, and sound volume...but it gives great power.

Helix has the great JDM look, great fitments....but it's also very bassy.

Greddy has great shape, sound....but it's more pricey.

I think really it's a matter of preference, there are so many aftermarket exhaust vendors, take a look at the exhaust thread, ear some clips, see the prices, check details like mandrel bent, stainless steel, full 3-inches all the way back, clear stock tie bars, etc. then make an educated decision.

That's part of the fun of modding!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
For me the perfect exhaust is a combination of different vendors products. But that's just me.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

hks hi power not to loud.sounds good.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

for the money lancershop has the megan racing catback 389 shipped, i got it put it on and love it! without the silencer its not much louder than stock and with it in almost dead silent. i dont think i could have found a better exhaust imho.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Perfect is so subjective...does perfect equal perfectly power....perfect design...perfect weight....perfect price...perfect balanced?

so true. This is a question you have to ask yourself because you'll be living with it. Whats perfect for me may not be perfect for you, alltho it could be damn close, you kno?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

i have a jic full ti. the whole thing inc. muffler weighs 9 lbs!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 04:04 PM

the BR exhaust is loud check out www.machevo.com and listen to sound clips. If you order from buschur turbo back $750.00 shipped to tour house. I am installing mine tommorrow.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Sorry, this is off topic, but you own one of those Dodge Turbo minivans? Those things are unreal!
Yup I got one...and it should be in the 11's by summer

Quick Reply: The Perfect Exhaust System