Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dont buy from user RallyRedBMore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look at a cereal coupon(for ex.) it's value is like what 1/100th of a cent and it even says "coupon has no retail value" check the fine print on the paper he sent you, it might say something to that effect on it somewhere. and if it does it's fraud, and if i'm not mistaken that's a federal crime. as in FBI. and that would fall under the FBI's internet fraud dept. right?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

i have to give it to RallyRedBmore....quite a smart scam.....but still wrong. i dont wish bad things on people but i hope his Evo gets Repoed(sp?). hah
Old Mar 27, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rallyme
look at a cereal coupon(for ex.) it's value is like what 1/100th of a cent and it even says "coupon has no retail value" check the fine print on the paper he sent you, it might say something to that effect on it somewhere. and if it does it's fraud, and if i'm not mistaken that's a federal crime. as in FBI. and that would fall under the FBI's internet fraud dept. right?
^^^Thats a good point. Lets not forget he tried to make it look like he WON(very deceitful) the certificate when in fact they are handed out for FREE.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Rally_Red_Bmore's response to my last PM.

Originally Posted by Rally_Red_Bmore
if u want to be technical, i did win it. through a scratch off promotion. so it wasnt handed to me for free. i was given a little lotto ticket thing, i scratched it off, it said congratulations uve won ____ . key word there, WON.
My response back to him.

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
OK Rally Red, if thats what you have to tell yourself to make it justifiable in your own mind. If you scratch off all the tickets guess what they would say? Thats right "Your a winner". Have you ever heard of Publishers Clearing House? I win $1,000 to $1,000,000 dollars from them once a month, along with all my neighbor's too. You keep telling yourself you did the right thing though, because i'm sure eventually you will believe yourself after time. Maybe you didn't think you were doing something wrong at the time, but now that you understand how that company works. You should use some common sense and give the guy his money back period, end of story.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Red Rally will be banned and I appreciate you all bringing this to my attention. I have also forwarded his information and IP address to the Baltimore County district attorney's office. Red Rally-- please stop trying to justify your actions to us, what you did is clearly defrauded another member of this site and we have zero tolerance for such actions. Not only will you be banned from this site-- I will share your information with basically every car forum in existance.

It would also be highly recommended to contact the credit card company as many members have indicated. Just let them know that you were sold merchandise that had NO retail value. I'd also escalate this to the FBI Internet Fraud division-- a link to post case details can be found at www.fbi.gov

Keep me informed.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:29 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Google
Red Rally will be banned and I appreciate you all bringing this to my attention. I have also forwarded his information and IP address to the Baltimore County district attorney's office. Red Rally-- please stop trying to justify your actions to us, what you did is clearly defrauded another member of this site and we have zero tolerance for such actions. Not only will you be banned from this site-- I will share your information with basically every car forum in existance.

It would also be highly recommended to contact the credit card company as many members have indicated. Just let them know that you were sold merchandise that had NO retail value. I'd also escalate this to the FBI Internet Fraud division-- a link to post case details can be found at www.fbi.gov

Keep me informed.

I can only hope that the money gets refunded before legal action is taken. I can't believe he has tried to justify his actions even when he knows he was ripping the guy off. Kudos to you for keeping people like this away from the site.

Last edited by UFO; Mar 28, 2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
+1
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Doing business on the internet is quite risky but I am so glad that evom and the moderators that administer this forum are doing their best to assist the victim. That is so messed up for him to fraud a fellow evom member. All for $180. He must be so poor that he needed that $180 that much.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Props to Google!

After reading his responses, I've come to the conclusion that he isnt even worth the used tissue paper that you would use to wipe dog **** off of the bottom of your shoe.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

A). He took a gamble. He even said that. So i dont see how he's an idiot or whatnot.

B). Paypal does have buyer protection. See if you can arrange something with them.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Google

Keep me informed.
YOU ROCK GOOGLE! Thanks for stepping in and lending a helping hand.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Justice is served! Let's hope the money gets refunded.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

I guess you guys want your 50 cents now
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Hell, I live in Baltimore and I'd REALLY like to meet this bone smoker!!! What a total f-ing douche bag. Just about everybody on this board would refund him his money. Then again, 99% of us wouldn't screw a fellow Evom member by doing some sneaky $hit like this either. All I can say is that "what goes around, comes around." He'll get his in the end.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 01:03 PM
mbs
Evolving Member

That is why I don't use paypal I only use postal money orders and send it via us postal service. If he asked you to send money then doesn't send item or like this just a blank card with no value that you cannot use it is mail fraud. You could let the post office deal with this federal offense

Quick Reply: Dont buy from user RallyRedBMore