Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

05 Evo owners, when are you changing your oil?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To relate this to the thread let me offer this; Time is part of the requirement so you are entilted and required to change oil every 5 months OR 5k miles. Since I do not drive my car much I usually do the changes every 3500. At this interval the oil shows no signs that it is breaing down. There are no bubbles, smells or grit and I can still see through it on the dip stick. There is no doubt in my mind that it could go 5K but that would put me beyond the warranty requirements for time. I have never had to add any oil between changes. My car consumes about 4 Oz. every thousand miles or just over a pint in 5 thou. I drive fast but with respect for the machinery.

Last edited by WildRice; Mar 25, 2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pwn you.... 10,000 miles service only.
search search search..
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=128821
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by anjapower
Uh, I did SEARCH. Find me a thread with 05 owners discussing when they're changing their oil like I am

To the guys who are having the dealer do the severe maintenance schedule, does that still cover you to 45k miles? Because 5k intervals means they allow for 9 services...3750 will mean 12 services...does this mean they cover the 12 services up to 45k or will they stop 9 services in?
They only cover the normal maintenance cycle. Thats what my dealer told me. If you want to do severe maintenance...you have to cover the oddball changes yourself. Regular maintenance should still cover 75% of youre changes though. Either way, not a bad deal.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mercenary3
They only cover the normal maintenance cycle. Thats what my dealer told me. If you want to do severe maintenance...you have to cover the oddball changes yourself. Regular maintenance should still cover 75% of youre changes though. Either way, not a bad deal.
cool, that's what I needed to know.