Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Am I freakin' crazy to even consider this?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was paying 750 a month for the evo for 6 years at 14.99% intrest upside down 4000
Old Mar 26, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahah my car payments are 515 for 5 years no money down and 4% rate!
Old Mar 26, 2005, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

dont do it man youll regret it wait to you owe less on your eclipse then trade it..
Old Mar 26, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

my payments with my car trade in and 1500 dollars down, are 348 a month for 5 years.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

math geek: we all know how much you want this car, and on one hand you seem to me like you have already put so much thought into this that it cracks me up. this deal isnt good for you though. but i am tempted to tell you to do it, cause you seem to want the car more than anyone else i know, and you seem to have a better grip on life than many other evo owners. wrecking the eclipse might not be a bad idea, but i bet that the best is to wait until the 9 comes out, and until then pay the hell out of that eclipse, and start buying mods. good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

if you can afford it i would pay $800/mo for the eclipse for a year or so and when you trade it in it wont be that upside down....you could always try private seller too
Old Mar 26, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
7 years? i think its 6 :-), I woulnt do it...
Old Mar 26, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved04
math geek: we all know how much you want this car, and on one hand you seem to me like you have already put so much thought into this that it cracks me up. this deal isnt good for you though. but i am tempted to tell you to do it, cause you seem to want the car more than anyone else i know, and you seem to have a better grip on life than many other evo owners. wrecking the eclipse might not be a bad idea, but i bet that the best is to wait until the 9 comes out, and until then pay the hell out of that eclipse, and start buying mods. good luck.
You may be correct. I want this car more than anything. I vascillate like crazy though. One day I'd give my right arm to have it and the next day I'm convinced that it would be the height of stupidity to own one. It drives my wife crazy. "Just get the #$%!@ car", she says. Truth be told, all I really need is a Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla. However, the Evo beckons from afar. Maybe one day I'll suddenly be uninterested.

Oh, and I do have gap insurance. I'm not about to do anything unethical, though. Plus, I'm not so skilled a driver that I could be 100% sure that I wouldn't get injured or killed trying to "accidently" destroy my eclipse.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
f uck it, you only live once, die once, mine as well die after driving an evo then die driving a corolla.

always put money down for your car though, otherwise, you'll be buying that sales manager a new Rolex.

good luck. you could always buy a used one or salvage and do some serious rebuilding.

Originally Posted by mathgeek
Thank you. What's crazy about this is that I'm all too aware of the mathematics involved here. I know the amortization formula by heart (how pathetic is that!), and I've spent way too much time crunching this formula with different interest rates, down payments, etc. I know it would be ruinous from a financial point of view. Knowing this, I was just curious if anyone would still do it, and throw prudence and caution to the wind. Damn, it's hard to wait! One of my weak justifications would be that in England, they pay about 50K (USD) for an Evo. So it's not like I'd be the most screwed Evo owner on the planet. See how the mind works?
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor

hell no. not at that price... mine was 6 years, no money down, 6.9 interest, total for car about 45,000
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

what i would probably do is pay as much as i can afford a month extra on the eclipse payment and a little after the evo9 comes out go trade in and get you an evo. if you are financially secure and you really want it then i'd say go for it but 7 years is a long time. most i would ever do is 5yr. i pay 700 a month for my evo, and yes it is worth it, i get asked that alot (if it is worth it). it is totally up to you though and what you really want and can afford for the long run. my friend really wanted the new supercharged cobras, so he traded in his 96 cobra, which had a little over 30k in mods and labor, and of course they only gave him about a 1/4 of the price of his mods for the car itself, and he did a 8 yr loan for the new car @ about 600 a month. i thought that was pretty insane. oh well. good luck.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

820 a month is too much money for just an evo.

820X12X7years = 68880

dont do it !
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

buy a used one !
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

dam dude, it's just a car. In the long run it's gonna hurt you, but what do we know? u'll ask for our opinion, but go with your own personal opinion. Take our advice man. IMO, start of slow... if you really want awd + turbo, get a WRX and work your way up from there...
Old Mar 27, 2005, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

I never expected so much feedback. Thank you all for chiming in.

Quick Reply: Am I freakin' crazy to even consider this?