Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Am I freakin' crazy to even consider this?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^What he said.

One thing you must remember though. Will the car bring you enough happiness to counter the grueling agony of being ****ed in the *** with bills?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Like most said, don't do it. It is totally not worth it. For the few that are tellling you to to it, I think they are idiots. If I was to pay 50k for a car, it certainly won't be an EVO. uh...yea....50k for a mitsu...NOT!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
nsnguyen, GAP is only offered to you when you are at the dealer signing papers to buy a car. you cannot get it any other time. so no matter how much the car is or what's owed, GAP does exactly that-covers you.
Working in the auto industry and having a view into how actuaries price warranties and insurance, I don't see how what you're saying can be true. If foolio over here finances his evo for 50K how can that not have an effect on the price of gap insurance or whether or not it's offered? It's the difference between covering a 5K gap and a 25K gap. Insurance companies aren't stupid, they price insurance based on two things, the a) amount of liability they cover and b) the chance that coverage will be invoked. The amount financed is directly associated with a). Therefore, I'm a little skeptical of the statement you just made. Maybe he can get it, but there's no way it would cost the same as if he financed the MSRP of the car.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
The $820/month for 84 months is fair (stupid, but fair). I owe 10K more on my Eclipse than I could get for it (trade-in or private sale). That negative equity has to be put somewhere. The augmented interest rate is fair too, since the finance company is assuming more risk by lending so much more on a car than it's worth. I know and understand the game. Yeah, I could pay down my eclipse, but then it will continue to depreciate, as well. I would not break even for about two more years. So until then, I'd have to pay to play.
No one disputes your numbers. My point is that if you're psychologically susceptible to trading in a car that is 10K underwater on another brand new one, while being completely cognizant of the financial situation you're putting yourself in (and you are), then it's pathological behavior. Basically you'll have to watch yourself or you'll keep doing this until it's game over.

On a different note, I have had no problems with wear on my cloth seats, and long term, leather will wear worse than cloth, as well as crack and wrinkle with use. Besides, the dimpled cloth was engineered specifically for the evo 8, whereas the leather was haphazardly designed over millions of years via natural selection as a substrate for cow hair, not a seat covering.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, if u know whats good for u, don't buy it. Like everyone else said earlier, pay off the majority of your eclipse and then trade it in. You'll be a lot happier in the long run if u wait a little bit, especially when the new EVO IX comes out!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Im 16 and pay 460 a month for my 05 EB EVO. My insurance is 320 a month. Dont do it!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

I love my car...but $800+ a month , I wouldn't even have to think twice about walking away. I'd go get a 05' C6 corvette for less than that .
Old Mar 27, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you are looking at 800 or so then you might as well keep the eclipse and buy the Evo. You drive a lot, why kill the evo? Your paying for the Eclipse either way you do the deal so get your monies worth by having both. It's always good to have a spare car. At your age insurance is not a big problem anyway and it make the Evo a pleasure driver not a primary. What will you drive when the Evo needs a clutch or something?

I don't know what you eclipse payment is now but do the math with keeping the car. A second car is the best thing in the world.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor

hey buddy watch who your calling a moron.. bought mine in june of 03.. and guess what i still have it... oh yeah and another 18000 inv... careful what you say..boy these narrow *** minded statements really pi55 me the ---- off.. oh yeah leave it in a bad area huh.. thats called ins fraud.. its nice a mod is sugg. this..
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
You would be in the same boat as those morons who paid $45,000 or $50,000 for an EVO when they first came out.... unable to afford the payments, and no possibility of selling the car for what you owe on it. It will end up re-posesed (if you are lucky) or you will scrape up the money each month for the payments and end up hating your EVO more than you have ever hated anything in your life. If you have gap insurance on the Eclipse, leave in in a bad neighborhood for a week or so.... as long as it takes for it to get stolen without you actually commiting any crime

Keith
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dafarmer69
hey buddy watch who your calling a moron.. bought mine in june of 03.. and guess what i still have it... oh yeah and another 18000 inv... careful what you say..boy these narrow *** minded statements really pi55 me the ---- off.. oh yeah leave it in a bad area huh.. thats called ins fraud.. its nice a mod is sugg. this..

Yup, you are MUCH smarter than me for paying 50K for a 30K car. Man do I envy you! I sugested nothing against the law... you can park the car you own anywhere you like. Also, it is called sarcasm. Look it up sometime.

LOL

Keith

PS: Only way you are not a moron is if you are rich... in that case you are a bragert rather than a moron for talking about paying 50K for a 30K car.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Yup, you are MUCH smarter than me for paying 50K for a 30K car. Man do I envy you! I sugested nothing against the law... you can park the car you own anywhere you like. Also, it is called sarcasm. Look it up sometime.

LOL

Keith

PS: Only way you are not a moron is if you are rich... in that case you are a bragert rather than a moron for talking about paying 50K for a 30K car.

he paid 50k for it? or did he pay 30k? He doesnt really explain, but i guess he did by the way he defended himself. Its sorta like when ps2 came out. People couldnt wait that 1-2 months and paid 1grand for it. Why can people never wait? Id have to agree with fourdoors on this one. It is moronic.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

7 years!! You'd have to be nuts.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I think you can lease a ferrari for not much more than that...
Old Mar 28, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Im 16 and pay 460 a month for my 05 EB EVO. My insurance is 320 a month. Dont do it!!!!

16 w/ an EB Evo?

i hope you know how lucky you are!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Centrylancer
16 w/ an EB Evo?

i hope you know how lucky you are!
If he is working and making the payments himself it isn't luck.... its dedication Naaa.... obsesion!

Keith

Quick Reply: Am I freakin' crazy to even consider this?