Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does the Evo RS come pre wired for speakers?????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does the Evo RS come pre wired for speakers?????

I just baught a New 05 RS a weeks ago and was wondering if I were to bye a stereo would it have to be wired through the car or is it already pre wired and ready to just plug and play. Basically speakers will just plug right in????? Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

I think so. I think it has been answered before.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmaga123
I just baught a New 05 RS a weeks ago and was wondering if I were to bye a stereo would it have to be wired through the car or is it already pre wired and ready to just plug and play. Basically speakers will just plug right in????? Thanks
Just got my RS a couple days ago, I pulled the blank filler on the dash where the radio would go and it's got the radio antenna wire and a plug for speakers/power wires to throw a deck unit in there. I would assume those wires are run to the corresponding areas already, you shouldn't have a problem. The only big thing I hear is that the manual window crank handle is a pain to get off to remove the door interior without scratching everything up, there is a how/to writeup in the corresponding forum.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RS comes fully wired for a head unit and 6.5" speakers. For more information:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...earchid=876771

d
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Does it come with sun visors?? I heard it does not.... how about mounting holes?

Thanks,
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it is wired for a stereo and it has sun visors, for god's sake. It also has an engine, gearbox, clutch, brakes, 4 wheels and tires, air conditioning and a Lancer Evolution badge on the trunk.

The only things that are missing are the rear wing, ABS, a radio, electric window lifts and door locks, and carpeting in the trunk. The side mirror housings and door handles are black. Otherwise, it is the same as the GSR.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

The stock wires are good if youre only gonna listen to AM radio. Otherwise with a decent aftermarket sound system youl want nice heavy gauge wires installed anyway.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

dont forget no sunroof or sound deadening!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
The stock wires are good if youre only gonna listen to AM radio. Otherwise with a decent aftermarket sound system youl want nice heavy gauge wires installed anyway.
Are you serious? The RS comes with the exact same wiring at the GSR. That's why it's PREWIRED, Mitsu doesn't put different wires in... it wouldn't be cost effective. Even the power window/lock wires are already ran in the fronts, all you have to do is get the wiring harness and parts...it plugs right in. For some reason people think the RS comes with nothing when in fact it's all the same, it just doesn't have the rest of the parts for hooking everything up.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

So much for being "stripped down." I guess it is just a budget Evo.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

the RS comes with a motor? wow....i had no idea........
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Another good question, the Evo 8 comes with a factory amplifier, is this true in the RS? or did they run straight wires? If there is an amplifier is there anything special in installing an aftermarket head unit?
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it is wired for a stereo and it has sun visors, for god's sake. It also has an engine, gearbox, clutch, brakes, 4 wheels and tires, air conditioning and a Lancer Evolution badge on the trunk.

Old Mar 28, 2005, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

This is the reason I'm asking about the visors..

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/j...pecs.jsp?t=all

Under comfort & convenience... Visor with Mirrors is not std for RS... I'm guessing
just visor with no mirrors?

What are Assist Grips x3??
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tke_413
Are you serious? The RS comes with the exact same wiring at the GSR. That's why it's PREWIRED, Mitsu doesn't put different wires in... it wouldn't be cost effective. Even the power window/lock wires are already ran in the fronts, all you have to do is get the wiring harness and parts...it plugs right in. For some reason people think the RS comes with nothing when in fact it's all the same, it just doesn't have the rest of the parts for hooking everything up.
Youre assuming I think the wires in my GSR are good. I KNOW they are the same, obviously. The same sub-mediocre speaker wires. I didnt say anything about the RS having different wiring or anything. All Im saying is that if you care about sound you will want different wiring...in ANY evo....or pretty much any car with a so-so stock sound system....and if youre just interested in listening to soft radio music playing in the background, the stock wires will suffice.

And I was exagerating on the AM radio stuff. But at the same time, if someone is going to spend money on an aftermarket system, a lot of times they will buy reasonably good components, to the point where the wires will bring the sound down. My reply was merely to point out that if the poster wanted good sound quality the stock wires should not be used. Im no knocking the RS or anything, so you dont have to be so defensive.

Last edited by Mercenary3; Mar 28, 2005 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Does the Evo RS come pre wired for speakers?????