Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo vs. Type-S...?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Delete Plz!

MODS... delete, thank you.

Last edited by Arithmetic; Mar 30, 2005 at 12:53 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:42 AM
Account Disabled

Please don't start another post like this here. You know better then to listen to a bunch of idiots. Evo was considered in magazines with Lambo, Twin Turbo Vipers...etc. and you believe that ACURA and Honada will give you problems. Please get real. Tell those people with Hondas and Acura to try to beat a Grandmother in a Buick, because their cars will never be even close to the same league as EVO.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ dude, calm down... don't come at me sideways. I know what the evo can do, i saw a vid and made a comment, you don't like it... it's late, go to sleep
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:52 AM
Account Disabled

No I am not coming at you. Sorry if it seems that way. I just hate it when people think they can hang with us. They find 2 or 3 bad drivers out there and they think all evo's are the same. I pulled 3 cars away from my buddy in his stage 3 SRT-4 without any problems, and my Evo is stock. I am just happy I have a EVO that all.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ cool, im sorry bro.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

you need alota crap put into a type S to make it hang with an evo, but let alone beat one? UHHH i dont think so. and you ask how do i know this? i owned an 02 acura rsx base, but i knew alota about the type S. the motor is very good in the type S however, its not good enough to beat a beast such as the evolution. there is no comparison.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've owned both and an EVO is hands down the better car. Rsx's are very nice though. Mine with just a cold air intake ran 14.4, not too bad. But you can't really compare the two. AWD and an easy 300hp is hard to beat. If you shop around you can also buy an EVO for only a few thousand more than the RSX-S.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cet_euro
Please don't start another post like this here. You know better then to listen to a bunch of idiots. Evo was considered in magazines with Lambo, Twin Turbo Vipers...etc. and you believe that ACURA and Honada will give you problems. Please get real. Tell those people with Hondas and Acura to try to beat a Grandmother in a Buick, because their cars will never be even close to the same league as EVO.
I have a buddy that rollls in an nsx that I cant keep up with for anything. Its a honda.....

but granded he does have a custom kenny belle supercharger.

Last edited by EidolaDream; Mar 30, 2005 at 05:39 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EidolaDream
I have a buddy that rollls in an nsx that I cant keep up with for anything. Its a honda.....

but granded he does have a custom kenny belle supercharger.
True..but how much is an NSX? I wouldn't consider it a typical Honda. It is more of an exotic car, in the same league as an Evo. I think he was talking about like Integras and Civics and the like.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
True..but how much is an NSX? I wouldn't consider it a typical Honda. It is more of an exotic car, in the same league as an Evo. I think he was talking about like Integras and Civics and the like.

Oh I know, I was just being a smartass, lol. I couldnt hold back.. cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

No I am not coming at you. Sorry if it seems that way. I just hate it when people think they can hang with us. They find 2 or 3 bad drivers out there and they think all evo's are the same. I pulled 3 cars away from my buddy in his stage 3 SRT-4 without any problems, and my Evo is stock. I am just happy I have a EVO that all.
So you in a stock Evo easily walked a stage 3 SRT-4? What type of run was it?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
So you in a stock Evo easily walked a stage 3 SRT-4? What type of run was it?
Same question, I race a srt 4 with just the ecu and injectors and open filter. At 110mph he would go right by me. this was with my car stock. On a xcross maybe, but from roll to 120mph the srt will get ya. Not sure how a stock srt4 will do. From a stop then a evo will rule the srt4. Also i have a friend with a stage 3 srt4, his making over 300hp i think it was like 330, he distroyed me from a roll. Never tried from the dig, but i dont think i would have won.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I pulled 3 cars away from my buddy in his stage 3 SRT-4 without any problems, and my Evo is stock
That is complete and utter bull****. You can beat a stock SRT-4 (not as easily as you claim, they have 230whp and 250wtq STOCK) but never, and I mean never, will you beat a stage 3 or turbo upgraded SRT-4 in a stock Evo.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

I dont think the guy in the SRT4 could drive. Those SRT4 come from factory underrated. Couple of mods and it will rape a stock evo from a roll.