Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best way to mount SSQ BOV?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to mount SSQ BOV?

ok i know moutning a bov can affect its performance, whats the BEST way to mount a HKS SSQ?

mouth pointing straight down?
mouth pointing up?
mouth pointing straight forward
mouth pointing backwards to the back of the car?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=RalliArtEvoVIII]ok i know moutning a bov can affect its performance, whats the BEST way to mount a HKS SSQ?

The best way to mount the hks bov is in the box it came in , not on the car , Ive never heard or experanced any diffrent in preformance bye mounting it up/down/sideways.... it might sound a little diffrent ?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

:/ ... ok?? anyways....im not sure if this applies to the HKS bov, but it does apply to several BOVs, if u mount it a certain way it can affect performance of the bov
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
if you are recirculating... you have to point it towards the intake. if you're venting to air i'd say you still point it towards the intake.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

haha i agree with matt...
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

back in the box...not being a smartass or anything, but I could be very wrong...maybe someone else figured it out...I tried to mount my HKS on my car and no matter which way you turned the valve it would hit the fans damn near rest on the manifold blah blah blah...The hks really doesn't go well with evos..mine ran like **** with it on also it died constatly to the point that i took it off and put my type-s back on.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Why on earth would you want to VTA in an evo.....VTA on an evo = rice imo. It sounds fast wooohoooo!!! too bad the motor wants to friggin stall all of the time.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

i've had the hks ssq before, as well as the type s, as well as forge bov. i've ran recirc and vta, for comfort-type S recirc thumbs up. didnt seem to hold boost for some reason. so went with hks ssq, and wow that thing holds boost like no other which is why im deciding to go back to that bov. only flaw about it, is the stalling out once in a while. mine never hit the fan or the manifold, dont know whats wrong with ur mounting position. call it rice, but tahts just ur opinion, what if i were to tell u think yellow evos are rice? sounds pretty stupid huh.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
:/ ... ok?? anyways....im not sure if this applies to the HKS bov, but it does apply to several BOVs, if u mount it a certain way it can affect performance of the bov
ohh , do you mean how should I install the bov ? The bottom of the valve goes into the IC pipes and the front or discharge side go's into the MAF pipe (if re-cic) . I dont think it will work any other way . The reason I said put it back in the box is b/c are cars dont really like VTA . But the HKS bov WILL hold alot of psi ( ive seen 29+psi on my car ) and if that what you looking for thats a good choice . BTW i have the same hks bov , it stalls , sruges... both vta and with the re-cic kit . It setting my shop and the stocker is back on the car .
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

sell me ur hks bov then!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Iam waiting for my Mr to come in (ordered 8 days ago from Group-S and still not here , dang fedX ) after i test the MR valve and it holds good pressure then i prob will $ell
Old Apr 1, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

can sum1 post a pic of how the hks bov looks INSTALLED in an engine bay?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

what if i were to tell u think yellow evos are rice? sounds pretty stupid huh.
K....fact of the matter is, you're going to VTA because you think it sounds cool, but dude it makes your car stall.

The definition of rice is adding aftermarket to your car in order to make it look (or in your case sound) fast.

I didn't add anything to the yellowness of my evo.

Hey man, it's your car, and my opinion hardly matters, but I thought I would share it, I didn't mean any offense.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

but see the thing is...im not running VTA cuz i want OTHERS to THINK my car is fast. I'm running VTA cuz I (ME ME ME) love the sound of it. If i were alone in the whole world with no one around i'd still run VTA cuz i love the sound. I guess thats considered rice to some, but its just my personal reason. yea i know all about the VTA and MAS issue, im very aware i've ran 6 bov's VTA so i know and 2 recirculated.