Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Full Evo Brochure From Mits!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jedinite
I'd say this is confirmation that the front strut brace will be an option, will not be standard.

If it was standard, I'd bet they would have listed it.
Wrong... it will come with a strut brace... look at ALL the photos from any of the auto shows. The one you see in the accessories page is a BEEFY one. It's reinforced like 4 times and is a LOT bigger than the stock one.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by trigeek37
if all these options are availble, what about cruise control?
this is mainly to those people that work at a MMC dealership, can we get CC installed at the dealer? and what does it cost?
No cruise. This is a definite. You can have any dealer install it, but I'm not sure of the cost.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by gtr
Can't believe their brochure is written so unprofessional. "it's very compicated and no need to go any futher"? Is this a joke to talk to customers like that?

Well, we'll hear what the magzine and ppl will say about lack of ACD, LSD and how does it compare to the full blown version. Definitily a comparason between the evo and U.S. STi will be very interesting. Can't wait till the truth comes out.

Thanks again for your help Fireball
Just an FYI to most people.... this is NOT the full blown Mitsubishi Product Line brochure... this is only a TEASER! It's meant for the enthusiasts only and something to wet your taste buds. When the car actually is in the showrooms, you'll probably see the full brochure like all the other models.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 12:32 AM

Nope, Thats the brochure people.. As a car guy myself I agree with you, but you have to understand the intent of the brochure was to appeal to common every people.. Mitsu already knows you know everything about the EVO. After all your photoshopping images of EVO8 and digging for every little bit of information about this vehicle and posting it to a website.

Your brochure will be Sport Compact or Super Street or Road & Track..
Old Jan 31, 2003, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Fireball

No cruise. This is a definite. You can have any dealer install it, but I'm not sure of the cost.
I know it isn't a factory option, I was just wondering if any of the Mitsubishi employees (or others that are privy to this information ahead of me) know the cost & PITA factor for having the dealer install cruise??

I take enough road trips to make this a very worthwhile investment... on trip to Road American w/o cruise is enough for this guy....
Old Jan 31, 2003, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
If I would be looking for an EVO to be my daily driven car (occasional racer too), not having the CC will be a big turn down. I can't still believe that can be that ignorant to the customers here in the States.

On the other hand, if I would be looking for a race car, I would rather bring the car from elsewhere here and have all of the goodies that I want in there anyway!

I guess, just another bad point for the

Fedja
Old Jan 31, 2003, 09:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by trigeek37

I take enough road trips to make this a very worthwhile investment... on trip to Road American w/o cruise is enough for this guy....
Hey, you'll have to stop by on your way... I'm only about an hour from Road America...
Old Jan 31, 2003, 09:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by MrAWD

If I would be looking for an EVO to be my daily driven car (occasional racer too), not having the CC will be a big turn down. I can't still believe that can be that ignorant to the customers here in the States.

On the other hand, if I would be looking for a race car, I would rather bring the car from elsewhere here and have all of the goodies that I want in there anyway!

Fedja
Have you seen the STI available with cruise yet? My guess is that it won't have it either.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Have you seen the STI available with cruise yet? My guess is that it won't have it either.
I don't know anything about that one either. But, if they don't install that thing on the STi, the same would apply to them as well!

We will see!

Fedja
Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:00 AM

sti does come with cruise control.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MrAWD

Fedja
But if Mitsu included the Cruise control, a whole other group would be complaining that the car is too compromised....

I for one am GLAD the car has no cruise. Who needs it? Just learn how to keep your foot steadily on the gas....it isn't hard.

I don't know where you all live, but where I am, it's a luxury to not be stuck in traffic let alone being able to drive at a constant speed for any extended period of time.

SC
Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

i personally don't use the cruise much on a daily basis, but it is nice when taking a 100+ mile trip. I recently drove 1000 miles in one day and used it about 80% of the time.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
But if Mitsu included the Cruise control, a whole other group would be complaining that the car is too compromised....

I for one am GLAD the car has no cruise. Who needs it? Just learn how to keep your foot steadily on the gas....it isn't hard.

I don't know where you all live, but where I am, it's a luxury to not be stuck in traffic let alone being able to drive at a constant speed for any extended period of time.
You can see where I live and that is not that important since there is traffic everywhere. The thing is that it is not the traffic that you need a CC for. You need it for the traveling on the longer distance trips. Like those that I have every year when going to the National type races. The shortest one is 600 miles. The next two are 900 and 1000 miles and I need to go to at least two of them to qualify for the last one, which is the National Championship in Kansas. That last one is 1500+ miles from Boston!

So, if you don't have a tow track and a trailer, you are stuck for quite some time on the gas and it will hurt regardless of how special you are!

Fedja
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have cruise on my eclipse and I RARELY use it. Furthermore, the EVO is not a car to be used as a touring car. I for one am glad that cruise is not an option. For those of you who need cruise for this car should wait until the US sees a GT-A version of the EVO.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Wombat
I have cruise on my eclipse and I RARELY use it. Furthermore, the EVO is not a car to be used as a touring car. I for one am glad that cruise is not an option. For those of you who need cruise for this car should wait until the US sees a GT-A version of the EVO.
I guess, there as some of us who are not full of themselves and need to use a cruse from time to time, even tough that puts us in the weak category next to the real guys as you seem to be!

Fedja

Quick Reply: Full Evo Brochure From Mits!