Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Full Evo Brochure From Mits!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Fireball

Just an FYI to most people.... this is NOT the full blown Mitsubishi Product Line brochure... this is only a TEASER! It's meant for the enthusiasts only and something to wet your taste buds. When the car actually is in the showrooms, you'll probably see the full brochure like all the other models.
I'm not so sure. I'm thinking this IS the actual, official Evo brochure. Check out the last two pages for example. They are laid out just like, and have all the information one would find in the other model line brochures, just a different (and I suspect less expensive to produce) format.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fireball

Have you seen the STI available with cruise yet? My guess is that it won't have it either.
Normally I wouldn't consider the absence of cruise to be anythign even worth mentioning. Then my old friend Mark Utecht, who runs a WRX in SCCA Pro Rally told me how he uses the cruise all the time for transiting between stages. His problem is after running a stage, he finds it very difficult to transit to the next one while obeying the speed laws - and the cops know who's coming and why too

He kept the sound system in the car too as he likes to crank AC/DC on the stages.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 02:26 AM

i got mine today, my favorite part is on the 11th page "go forth and modify" then on page 10 on the top it says "with an aftermarket turbo and a few other tweeks tuners have easily launched the evo to well over 400hp" if you look on the very bottom of page 11 it says "mitsubishi does not cover aftermarket proucts under warrenty" what kind of mixed up crap is this? its like they are inviting you to tune the car then saying hahaha your not under warranty anymore sucker!!! its a conspiracy i tell you. hey at least the pictures of the older evos and the evo hanging from the road in the speed ring are cool. can't wait till next year though when the mark-ups come down, the guy at mitsu told me the mark-up will be 10 grand and there will be no financing on the car. i know some one already said that "it says there will be financing avail. on the brochure." he also said that the mark-up had to be paid in cash! hey maybe this guy did not know what he was talking about , all i wanted was the brochure.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 02:58 AM

he also told me that there will be absoluely no test drives unless you are purchasing the same one, which i won't really mind once it comes time 4 me to get one. don't want some idiot trying to act cool on a drive messing up the break-in procedure of mine. also only 25% of all evo's released will hav no sun-roof , not that many.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 08:58 AM
DJJ

I went in and got a brochure from a dealer yesterday. I guess they had just gotten them in that afternoon. The salesman is like "you know there is a wait on these right?" "you know this is a pretty sweet car, it can beat a zo6!!" bwhahahahahah So I asked if they would have a test car to take test drives in. Like as in a demo model. And he said the only way to test drive it was to put down 500$ first. He's like if ya crash it we're screwed!!! I'm like well ya let people test drive all the other cars in your lot don't ya?? I got a blank look and no response? What a tool!!! Couldn't even tell me what the price was or what they were gonna mark up on the car!!! I just told him that he might see me in another year when all the hype is over on this car
Old Feb 1, 2003, 09:03 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by themothership
Nope, Thats the brochure people.. As a car guy myself I agree with you, but you have to understand the intent of the brochure was to appeal to common every people.. Mitsu already knows you know everything about the EVO. After all your photoshopping images of EVO8 and digging for every little bit of information about this vehicle and posting it to a website.

Your brochure will be Sport Compact or Super Street or Road & Track..
Wow, this brochure is done very poorly (rude and teaser size). I've expected a brochure much like the JDM Evolution VII. Perhaps know they are not making that many and all will be sold anyways therefore, an investment in the brochures were not nesscessary.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DJJ
So I asked if they would have a test car to take test drives in. Like as in a demo model. And he said the only way to test drive it was to put down 500$ first. He's like if ya crash it we're screwed!!! I'm like well ya let people test drive all the other cars in your lot don't ya??
Teenagers don't come in to joyride Outlanders.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by djsanchez2
i got mine today, my favorite part is on the 11th page "go forth and modify" then on page 10 on the top it says "with an aftermarket turbo and a few other tweeks tuners have easily launched the evo to well over 400hp" if you look on the very bottom of page 11 it says "mitsubishi does not cover aftermarket proucts under warrenty" what kind of mixed up crap is this? its like they are inviting you to tune the car then saying hahaha your not under warranty anymore sucker!!! its a conspiracy i tell you.
What's the problem? Mitsubishi knows people are going to tweak these cars. They also need those people to know that some of those tweaks will interfere with the warranty - which is a given anyway. So what's your beef?
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:45 PM

GIve me a "HELL YEA!"
Old Feb 1, 2003, 03:34 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So there is more pages then posted? Maybe i should ask my dealer for one.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Cruise controls are for wimps and not for a race car.
WTF would you want to have cruise control on a car like the Evo??
It doesnt make any sense.
You dont see the rally drivers using cruise control, do you??

If you really really want a cruise control, go buy one from another country and then stick it into the car.

Old Feb 1, 2003, 06:30 PM
DJJ

Originally posted by Mark F

Teenagers don't come in to joyride Outlanders.
Dealers wouldn't let them do that in any car? Who the hell joyrides in any new car???? Most of the time the dealers don't just hand you the key to the car and say, "have a good time"?? I for one would not want to be f**king around in a new car that wasn't mine. And I wouldn't let any kids drive a car that I know they couldn't afford

Oh well I won't buy a car w/out a test drive and I am not gonna pay one penny $ to get that oppertunity. I am not some teenager looking for a joyride!!!!
Old Feb 1, 2003, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RA29
Cruise controls are for wimps and not for a race car.
WTF would you want to have cruise control on a car like the Evo??
It doesnt make any sense.
You dont see the rally drivers using cruise control, do you??

If you really really want a cruise control, go buy one from another country and then stick it into the car.

so I am assuming you are removing your A/C, stereo, power windows, locks, keyless entry etc - cause after all, those items aren't on rally cars!

This isn't a race car folks - of the 6500 (whatever) MMC sells, I bet 25 of them get rally raced - and cruise is an excellent option when you are doing long road trips. I got to road america this past summer and I could hardly walk my right calf was so stiff... and hell, CC weighs all of 6 ounces...
Old Feb 1, 2003, 07:26 PM

I completely agree with trigeek. As fun as it would be to drive an Evo (which I probably won't get to do for another couple of years ), longdrives without cruise control is a pain. I've done Texas to Illinois without one. A few months later, did a Illinois to Oklahoma with with CC and felt so much more relaxed during and after the drive.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DJJ

Who the hell joyrides in any new car???? Most of the time the dealers don't just hand you the key to the car and say, "have a good time"??

Oh well I won't buy a car w/out a test drive and I am not gonna pay one penny $ to get that oppertunity. I am not some teenager looking for a joyride!!!!
I sell Nissan's and Mitsubishi's. We get a steady flow of 17 year-old boys who "are looking to buy a 350Z or Evo" who really just want to thrash on a sports car for an afternoon because its cheaper than the admission to Valley Fair.

If you want to test drive a car like that, fine. Just keep in mind there may be some qualifications first. The likelyhood that someone is going to just throw you the keys is minute. But since your statements above seem to agree that this is a good idea, there should be no problem.

Quick Reply: Full Evo Brochure From Mits!