Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by rkm625
My Evo had 11k miles on it when the clutch went out but because it was outside of 12 months they wouldnt touch it. From my experiences If anyone was thinking about buying an Evo I would tell them to think about it like they came with no warranty. the car just wasn't driven much untill i bought it 3 months ago...
Sorry, but yes the warranty on the clutch is 12 months, 12k. That is one of things I have seen the Mitsu Rep work with people on, if the miles are still good but time frame is bad, maybe he will offer to pick up the labor or parts, or I have heard him say I will pay half. No promises here, but if you are cool with the rep he will be cool with you. Thats how our rep is, don't know what to tell you in different parts of the country.

Just a little side note to all the Evo owners, I have heard a few stories about titles getting branded, but on all of them the owners were giving the reps a hard time. If they offer you something warranty wise that could be questionable, don't complain & want more, cause if you do you, you may end up with a branded title yourself.

By branded I mean that they are still good titles (clear, not savage or anything), but warranty wise you are done. It doesn't matter is you have a problem with your power window, a/c, or whatever, no warranty what so ever.

Last edited by petekris; Apr 28, 2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by petekris
Sorry, but yes the warranty on the clutch is 12 months, 12k. That is one of things I have seen the Mitsu Rep work with people on, if the miles are still good but time frame is bad, maybe he will offer to pick up the labor or parts, or I have heard him say I will pay half. No promises here, but if you are cool with the rep he will be cool with you. Thats how our rep is, don't know what to tell you in different parts of the country.

Just a little side note to all the Evo owners, I have heard a few stories about titles getting branded, but on all of them the owners were giving the reps a hard time. If they offer you something warranty wise that could be questionable, don't complain & want more, cause if you do you, you may end up with a branded title yourself.

By branded I mean that they are still good titles (clear, not savage or anything), but warranty wise you are done. It doesn't matter is you have a problem with your power window, a/c, or whatever, no warranty what so ever.
That's harsh! Remind me to bring my service rep. a six pack before talking
Old Apr 29, 2005, 06:46 AM

The one story is that a guy came in with 12,500mi on his EVO & his clutch was bad, he thought it should be warrantied, they explained that clutches are covered to 12k. He didn't like that answer so the service manager had the rep talk to him, (I heard the rep was going to try to help out with some of it), & the guy still thought it should be warrantied so he called Mitsu. They started to investigate & found he had been auto-crossing the car (his times were posted on the net). He was done after that, no warranty period.

The second one I didn't see but I heard a guy brought his EVO into another dealer complaining about transmission problems, I guess this thing was totally modded. The rep looked at it & told the guy he couldn't help him with the car the way it was, but if he would put the car back close to stock (from what I heard everything was bolt-on, the big red flag was he was running a test pipe) he would drive it & if he found a problem he would warranty it. The customer told him it should not matter & that is b/s, I guess it got ugly & Mitsu got involved & this guy no longer has a warranty.

Moral is, the rep was willing to work with both of these guys but they didn't want to here it, they felt it should all be free no questions asked. But if they would have worked with the rep they would still have warranties.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by petekris
The one story is that a guy came in with 12,500mi on his EVO & his clutch was bad, he thought it should be warrantied, they explained that clutches are covered to 12k. He didn't like that answer so the service manager had the rep talk to him, (I heard the rep was going to try to help out with some of it), & the guy still thought it should be warrantied so he called Mitsu. They started to investigate & found he had been auto-crossing the car (his times were posted on the net). He was done after that, no warranty period.

The second one I didn't see but I heard a guy brought his EVO into another dealer complaining about transmission problems, I guess this thing was totally modded. The rep looked at it & told the guy he couldn't help him with the car the way it was, but if he would put the car back close to stock (from what I heard everything was bolt-on, the big red flag was he was running a test pipe) he would drive it & if he found a problem he would warranty it. The customer told him it should not matter & that is b/s, I guess it got ugly & Mitsu got involved & this guy no longer has a warranty.

Moral is, the rep was willing to work with both of these guys but they didn't want to here it, they felt it should all be free no questions asked. But if they would have worked with the rep they would still have warranties.
I think that is good proof that you don't know the whole story most of the time. I bet those guys went online and posted about how Mitsu just totally screwed them over and voided thier warranties for no reason. Thanks for the help Pete!

Last edited by Mr.MR; Apr 30, 2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Very Nice!
Old May 2, 2005, 04:19 AM

2005 BR350 MR (Thanks Dave / Medina Mitsubishi!!)

To everyone considering a Medina Mitsubishi / Buscher Racing Evo,
Just wanted to tell you all how impressed I was when I went to pick up my 2005 BR350 MR. Everyone from the guy who serviced my car to the owner of the store was great. I did have a lot of questions about the warranty and how/if they would cover anything caused by the Buscher kit and was reassured by everyone including Dave Buscher (who spoke to me personally on the phone) that the kit would not cause any issues and that Medina Mitsubushi would back up their product 100%. I am in the military and flew up from Fort Rucker, Alabama to Medina, Ohio to get my car, and then drove it home (1000 miles!!!) I never went over 4000 rpm the whole way home and the car was still awsome to drive. It has yet to have the BR350 kit installed (I didn't have time to get it installed because of having to go to Fort Bragg) so Dave is working with me to get the kit on whenever it is convenient for me. Like I said the service with these two organizations is outstanding!! I have the #002 BR350 Kit and I believe the first BR350 kit to go on an MR (Is this correct Dave?) and can't wait to see/feel the difference. Thanks Dave / Medina Mitsubishi!!!!! ----Ed T.
Old May 2, 2005, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sleet
This is amazing, I wish somone down here in FL would do that.
I have seen an add RC HILL mitsubishi in DeLand FL. that have simular packages.
Old May 2, 2005, 06:13 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Glad to see you on the forums now man! HOw about that sweet bra we made from the saran wrap and tape....haha. Nice meeting you also. Roy is no longer with us so everyone just contact me if interested . Heard the trip back down went well...i will still get you the info on those lights some time.
Dave

Originally Posted by 2005BR350MR
To everyone considering a Medina Mitsubishi / Buscher Racing Evo,
Just wanted to tell you all how impressed I was when I went to pick up my 2005 BR350 MR. Everyone from the guy who serviced my car to the owner of the store was great. I did have a lot of questions about the warranty and how/if they would cover anything caused by the Buscher kit and was reassured by everyone including Dave Buscher (who spoke to me personally on the phone) that the kit would not cause any issues and that Medina Mitsubushi would back up their product 100%. I am in the military and flew up from Fort Rucker, Alabama to Medina, Ohio to get my car, and then drove it home (1000 miles!!!) I never went over 4000 rpm the whole way home and the car was still awsome to drive. It has yet to have the BR350 kit installed (I didn't have time to get it installed because of having to go to Fort Bragg) so Dave is working with me to get the kit on whenever it is convenient for me. Like I said the service with these two organizations is outstanding!! I have the #002 BR350 Kit and I believe the first BR350 kit to go on an MR (Is this correct Dave?) and can't wait to see/feel the difference. Thanks Dave / Medina Mitsubishi!!!!! ----Ed T.
Old May 4, 2005, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

um... where's the info no your site?! photos? dyno sheets? i wanna see this! not that i doubt you, but something i can show "the boss" (wife) cuz she likes this car as much as me now!
Old May 5, 2005, 05:40 AM

http://buschurforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5771
Old May 5, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know what the "Oil pan heat shield" is?
Old May 9, 2005, 08:13 PM

thats like having a tuned big turbo evo right from the dealer w/ a warrenty i want one of those! nice to see the dealers paticipate in selling a tuner product
Old May 10, 2005, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Ed,

I can't wait to hear how you like the car after we get the package put on it. You are the first MR Edition to have the BR350 installed on it.

The oil pan heatshield is a self adhesive high temp shield that stick to the bottom of the oil pan between the the downpipe and the oil pan. Helps with oil temps staying low.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 10, 2005, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
BS STi/ESX number comparison

Not sure if any of you have gotten the new Road and Track "Speed Magazine". This is the first time I have seen it, I got it in the mail.

In the magazine they have on the front cover the 425 horsepower Subaru WRX STi from ESX. What a bunch of BS this car is. I'd be embarrassed by it personally.

The sticker price on the car with the ESX package is $52,000 for the street spec and $55,000 for the track spec!!! There are only going to be 40 of these produced. They claim the car will make 365 whp, which they claim is 420 flywheel.

Performance parts in this car are:

ECU calibration
Top mount intercooler made by Injen
Injen cold air intake
Fuel pump
Turbocharger
Downpipe
High flow cat
730cc injectors
Injen catback

Visual:
Wheels
Bunch of ESX decals
Stripe kit
BFG tires (which hit the fenderwells under hard braking)
ESX floor mats

Here's the freaking hilarious part.

0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds
1/4 mile 12.8 seconds at 106.4 mph

For comparison sakes, and what makes this overpriced paint shaker so funny. (paint shaker, get it? They WRX's shake side to side with their engine design, feels like you are sitting in one of those paint can shakers.

The BR350 package we sell is only $2989 over sticker price of any model EVO you choose.

0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds
1/4 mile in 12.61 at 107.8 mph.

Not to hard to see somebodies numbers and prices are a "little" over rated!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Not to hard to see
Old May 10, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

gotta love mark ups

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi