Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds
1/4 mile 12.8 seconds at 106.4 mph
Considering what they replaced and the Horsepower claimed, those are some really laim performance numbers! That's only about 50HP worth of trap speed and ET's compared to my friend's stock STi. With 425 HP they should be low 12's/high 11's with an average driver so something isn't right.

These packages that Buschur is putting together are much more impressive in my eyes than hyped up horsepower numbers and lackluster performance of an STi that barely hits 12's. Are you serious about the tires hitting the fenderwells under hard braking?
Old May 10, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read that the other day. I took a better look at it today and that wheel fitment issue is hilarious. The thing I don't get is in one part they claim 425bhp at the wheels, which had better trap in the triple digits unless it's on a greyhound bus! Then in the little summary it says 425bhp sae like it's crank hp? Either way it's kinda strange that ESX would want those numbers released when they are so poor for the hp rating and insane price. I do admit I really like the Kenwood touch screen nav system and the far left guage has the temp. on the bottom which is stock I think, but still way nicer than the stupid gauges we get for 30plus grand!
Old May 15, 2005, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2005BR350MR
To everyone considering a Medina Mitsubishi / Buscher Racing Evo,
Just wanted to tell you all how impressed I was when I went to pick up my 2005 BR350 MR. Everyone from the guy who serviced my car to the owner of the store was great. I did have a lot of questions about the warranty and how/if they would cover anything caused by the Buscher kit and was reassured by everyone including Dave Buscher (who spoke to me personally on the phone) that the kit would not cause any issues and that Medina Mitsubushi would back up their product 100%. I am in the military and flew up from Fort Rucker, Alabama to Medina, Ohio to get my car, and then drove it home (1000 miles!!!) I never went over 4000 rpm the whole way home and the car was still awsome to drive. It has yet to have the BR350 kit installed (I didn't have time to get it installed because of having to go to Fort Bragg) so Dave is working with me to get the kit on whenever it is convenient for me. Like I said the service with these two organizations is outstanding!! I have the #002 BR350 Kit and I believe the first BR350 kit to go on an MR (Is this correct Dave?) and can't wait to see/feel the difference. Thanks Dave / Medina Mitsubishi!!!!! ----Ed T.
I dont get it...you got the car from the dealership and the kit wasen't installed?

then who cares if it's a dealer car or not, if you drive it off the lot unmodded and pay the same price for a kit from Buscher, who even cares the Moss-Magnusen act works the same way, this is just an openminded dealer that has the forsight to sell some extra cars by being cooperative, but what dealership isn't going to lie through their teeth when trying to sell you something

I dunno, it just seems like bolt ons like the scion comes with, like the superchargers and other stuff the dealer can install or have installed for you

so what makes Medina Mitsubishi so special now?
Old May 16, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
blackthorn,

He wanted the car immediately, went to Medina bought it and had to return to Fort Rucker for duty. The package was bought and paid for at the dealer when he bought the car. There was just no time or notice to have it installed. He is now returning here to our shop to have the parts installed that would have been on the car when he picked it up.

The documentation is all there on his paperwork, he just didn't have time for the install when he got the car.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 16, 2005, 10:18 AM

well that makes more sense

thanks for the reply
Old May 16, 2005, 07:31 PM

BR350 Kit going on next Mon.

BlackThorn-
I am driving the car back up to BR to have the 350 kit installed this weekend. Yes due to time constraints and the military, I simply did not have the time to wait for the kit to be installed before I originally picked it up so that is why I am doing it now (As Dave explained). Thank goodness I have the time this weekend because I just found out I will be going to Iraq soon for another year so its now or never.

I also just had some issues with trying to title the car in Alabama (due to their laws on buying vehicles out of the state) and once again Medina Mitsubishi came through and went out of their way to FEDEX me a title and all the required paperwork to get my car back on the road (Thanks Sheryl!! )These people go out of their way to make things happen for their customers. I have bought cars from Honda and Nissan and so far this is the best service I have had by far. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Anyway just wanted to let you all know that I will post my feedback on the kit, as soon as possible.

Thanks again, Buscher Racing and Medina Mitsubishi!!
Old May 20, 2005, 04:53 AM

Is it possible for someone to post up pics of what the finished car looks like? Engine-bay shots, shots of the badging, shots of the replaced exhaust?
Old May 23, 2005, 02:29 AM
Evolved Member

On page 4 there are a couple of shots of the BR330 version. Are you looking for pics of the BR350?

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old May 23, 2005, 01:33 PM

Those pics work, not sure how I missed them.... or maybe I forgot about them after I read through all the posts. Looks nice
Old Jul 18, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Dam,
That may be worh the ride befor I buy the 9 MR.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Nice small write up on one of the last pages of Turbo Magazine this month about the BR330-BR350 edition cars. It is a few pages after the coverage of the EVO VS. WRX Shootout.

Go get a magazine

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:14 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
http://public.fotki.com/evodave/br330_001/

here are some pics of the 1st one we had...if you need anything or are interested please pm me and i will be more then willing to accomodate you in anyway i possibly can!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:53 AM
Evolved Member

Nice group of pictures Dave, thanks for posting them!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 21, 2005, 03:01 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
thats what i am here for!

Dave
Old Jul 21, 2005, 04:55 AM

Here are a few of my 05BR350MR (I did not put the badges on the exterior) and I switched the gauges with the radio.

Dave and the guys at Buscher did an incredible job with this car. I haven't had any problems with this kit at all. Great work and a great bunch of guys.
Attached Thumbnails Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi-br350-kit-mr-1-.jpg   Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi-br350-kit-mr-4-.jpg   Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi-turbotimer-mr-14-.jpg   Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi-br350-kit-mr-2-.jpg  

Last edited by 2005BR350MR; Jul 21, 2005 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi