Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
were power numbers better w/ the 2.5 inch downpipe instead of the 3 inch dp? i was under the impression that a true 3 inch design was best. just curious.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
In the case of the BR330 and BR350 cars we use the factory catalytic converters on the cars, which are 2.5". The 3" downpipe would flow worse mating up to a 2.5" cat then using a 2.5" downpipe, that is why in this case we use a 2.5".

BTW, TWO more BR330's were sold last week!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Sep 5, 2005, 03:48 AM

these cars, esp the BR350, are looking pretty appealing for me. im seriously thinking of buying one when i get home in january. if i dont get one of these built cars, ill still get a crap load of BR parts for my local bought evo.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 09:16 AM

Can't believe it but may have to sell it already

I may be selling my BR350 MR due to having to buy a new house. These cars are awsome if anyone is thinking of buying one from Medina and Dave I highly suggest doing so. They will definitely take care of you. Unfortunately for me I may have to let mine go.....anyone interested. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

wow had i known this sorta deal between shop n dealer existed i wouldnt have bought an 04 n i prolly wouldnt have bought one in cali...i would have got one from back home oh well im too far into mods to do anything bought it now...sweet set-ups though.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 07:32 AM
LSR

Thumbs up Great

This a bit late, but I have stayed away due to my 03 Evo. being stolen. And waited until the Evo. IX came out. Dave, CONGTRATS. to you and the guys at BR for such an idea and thanks Eric Sonnie Sr. @ Medina Mits. it is cool to have Dealerships like Medina Mits. that are willing.

I live in Illinois and will be in the market for a Evo.IX MR soon and will be calling Roy or Dave @ Medina Mits. for a BR350 MR Evo. IX version.

Dave, any performance figures with the Evo.IX MR and it's MIVEC system with say your BR350 kit?

Last edited by LSR; Oct 22, 2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

No performance numbers on the finished 9's yet. The first two we built we were unable to tune as the software was no available. Now the software is in and we are trying to organize getting both cars back here to finish.

Thanks for the compliments.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
No performance numbers on the finished 9's yet. The first two we built we were unable to tune as the software was no available. Now the software is in and we are trying to organize getting both cars back here to finish.

Thanks for the compliments.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Looking forward to the results.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:25 PM

Dave - Any chance you guys ship to Hawaii? I'm considering buying from a mainland dealer as the local dealers here dont seem to play ball well. I'm looking at an early 2006 purchase to see how the early pioneers fair tuning the car.

Anxiously waiting the 9's results. Hopefully it'll be a significant increase, just read the ECUtek results and it was pretty crazy. Sorry to compare products, just crossing my fingers the gains are very nice.

I assume we can take the packages with the emblems not installed?

Congrats again on the collaboration!!
Old Oct 25, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

I am sure we can arrange for delivery, I am also sure it won't be cheap

The emblems we can leave in your glove box, not a problem.

Let me know if you want some contact numbers.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:07 PM
LSR

Thumbs up

Hey Dave, after you guys finish tuning for the Evo. IX may cause a new BR vehicle.

With the MIVEC, it should make more. I am hoping maybe 10+ more hp than the BR350. Which would add a new BR# vehicle
Old Oct 26, 2005, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

The tuning may be huge on the EVO9. Right now stock power is the same as the EVO8's though. I will have to wait and see. I'd love to change the power levels.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Dave,
I just bought an 04 Evo from Medina a couple weeks ago, and I eventually want to get to your shop and have the 330 kit parts installed on my car and tuned. Do you think Medina would still stand behind the warranty eventhough its not a true BR330 but the parts installed by you are the same ones used on the actual serial numberd kit? I figured you may know better than I would since you deal with them a lot more....The last thing I want to do is void the warranty but that extra power gain is pretty nice!

Thanks Dave.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Medina will only void the warranty if the parts that break on the car are deemed to have failed from abuse. This is actually how all dealers are suppose to act. I can use the same parts that we put on the BR330 or you can choose others. No way to get any of the same covers are serial numbers.

You also have to understand that Medina doesn't make much on this package but when they do sell them they make some, which helps justify helping the owners of these cars out with any warranty issue they may have.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 26, 2005, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Dave,
I purchased an evo9 br350 from medina that is supposed to come in mid-late november. I just wanted to check and see how the tuning is going. Will you guys be ready to flash mine by that time do you think? And also why did the price for the br350 package increase $1000 for the Evo 9????
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi