Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The package pricing we came up with is actually a little cheaper than buying the parts from us and having us install them. The pricing is right where it should be with no hidden BS markups. As I said, I like dealing with the guys at Medina Mitsubishi.

We are going to see where this goes before we start thinking about doing them for the new EVO IX.

The BR330 and the BR350 have not gone through any additional emmision testing or CARB certification. ALTHOUGH, we have guys in California passing emissions with our Stage 3 packages on the cars right now and the relfash. The BR330 and BR350 BOTH retain all the stock emission components and the stock cats. The reflash does not do adjust anything except WOT functions.

Look for the owner of the dealership to be signing onto Evolution M soon to answer warranty questions and concerns.

Roy Willis is one of the salesmen handling this, he was nice enough to pass along his cel phone number, you can call him with questions about financing, cars available etc. @ 440-537-9234.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that is sweet!!!!! Factory warrantied hot rods w/ addons!!!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that's a great deal! David, is that going to be considered the new Stage 1 and Stage 2 at Bushur?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

what about us with existing evos? could we bring them to your shop and have all these components added in under a weekend? mines a daily driver so i'd need it back fast. lol
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

David,

You need to get a hold of magazine and get some ink on this!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

TTIWWP"joint venture"
Old Apr 1, 2005, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
No additional mark up because the dealership we are doing this with just wants to sell EVO's and be involved with this very cool project. Him and I both feel that this amount of additional power will have no effect on the overall reliability of the EVO.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
D, is this going to be offered on the IX how soon will we be able to put a deposit on a 9 - 350? How will MIVEC affect tuning?

Thanks, R.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 11:28 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-Ron
D, is this going to be offered on the IX how soon will we be able to put a deposit on a 9 - 350? How will MIVEC affect tuning?

Thanks, R.
Yeah, that was my next question. I'm probably going to be jumping on an EB IX pretty soon after they're released and it would be nice to be able to finance the initial mods. It's just the shipping cost to here that might pose a problem.

[edit] Will these be tuned for 91 or 93?

Last edited by UFO; Apr 1, 2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

very nice, congrats Dave
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome! Congrats!!!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

If I had to guess, evodave is getting #001. But, like I said.. just a guess.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. My question is how much of a mark up do they have on the car it's self? Cool thing is I am only about 45 min to an hour away from the dealer. Very tempting.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

I was trying to avoid the question about the EVO IX's to be honest. I'd like to see some 8's get sold like this first. From the sounds of things that isn't going to be a problem though. As of an hour or so ago they have had 3 calls on these packages already.

So, yes, we are going to do the EVO IX's too.

These packages are actually something pretty unique. We won't be duplicating them here at the shop. As far as the performance parts, yes, you can come and get your EVO done here, we can do a complete Stage 4 with an AEM EMS in less than two days and that includes a clutch and tuning that will give you an idea on how fast we are.

The badging and spark plug covers are all exclusive to the cars through the dealership. The other modifications we are doing are standard in our Staged upgrades. The tune on these cars will be unique to the two Stages also.

We will tune the cars for the octane that is available in the area where the owner is taking them. Even here we are tuning for only 93 instead of 94 as the only 94 available here is at Sunoco stations that I know of.

The downpipe on these cars is also unique to this dealer option. We are using our lightweight 2.5" downpipe on them but using the factory flange at the 02 housing. This then uses the springs, bolts and donut gasket. We did this to keep the car more OEM and what we have done is taken the factory flanges off the downpipes on EVO's as they come through here.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 1, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

No additional mark up on the car itself. No additional mark up on the modifications. Like I said guys, these guys are cool. Everyone at this dealership is EXCITED about this project.

The first BR350, #001, was actually bought by one of the guys that work here. The day we started talking about doing this he pulled me off to the side and said, "Dude, if this goes through I want the very first one built, if I can get #001 of the BR350 Edition I will buy it." The deal went through yesterday for us to build these cars and Steve picked his up this morning. Brand new 2005, black EVO. It's cool to know you have guys that work on these things and work for you all day and still are so in love with what they do that they would want to buy one of these cars "just because I am involved with making them." That was what he said. Cool stuff.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi