Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Throw the first BR350 in one of those car zip-lock bags for a few years.

Reminds me of the Baldwin-Motion III Camaro.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these cars need cams
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

I can't believe this is going down 3 months after I got my MR. All I can say is this is what the Evo should be from the start. Can you convert mine...please? Seriously, can you do the same mods to my MR and then convince my dealer to warranty the car? I guess we'll have to wait and see if Mitsu goes along with what that dealer does. Great stuff, hats off to BR and the dealership!
Old Apr 2, 2005, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

these cars need cams
yep, slap on some 280's and scare the crap out of the dealership
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shearer
Damn, I called them yesterday and the sales guy told me they didn't have any EVO's at all.

That is very cool David! If I buy one can I have get an authentic David Buschur signature on the hood?

we have been selling them lately but we got 3 more of the including a mr give me a call here at the dealership before these ones sell just ask for me my name is ROY the # is 330-722-7725 or call me on my cell phone @ 440-537-9234
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ThaJazz
This sounds very, very exciting.

...if they have any EVOs in stock, which it sounds like they don't. Is there already a waiting list for this?

we already have some evos in and one of them is already have the BR added to it right now if you are interested give me a call you can reach me here at the dealership @ 330-722-7725 or call me on my cell phone @440-537-9234 just ask for me my name Is ROY
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by glgz
Sounds like a good deal to me. My question is how much of a mark up do they have on the car it's self? Cool thing is I am only about 45 min to an hour away from the dealer. Very tempting.

there are no mark ups for this package you only pay for the parts that are are going on it if you have any questions feel free to give me a call here at the dealership @330-722-7725 or call me on my cell phone @440-537-9234 just ask for me my name is ROY
Old Apr 3, 2005, 02:08 PM
dru

Originally Posted by MTMS4
Whilst I applaud these efforts it's not quite like the FQ-series cars offered in the UK. These come with a factory-backed (CCC) "comprehensive" 3 year warranty.

I would guess that the BR series come with nothing more than the original Mitsu warranty (and possibly a limited warranty from BR just on the installed parts?) and we all know where we stand with MMNA once we mod the car.....and, yes, I'm familiar the Magnusson-Moss (sp.?) act.

Unless Dave or Medina are offering their own extended warranty, it's no different than having mods done by any aftermarket tuner?

Please understand; I am by no means belittling what Dave's done here; it's more of a diatribe against MMNA for not offering us some kind of factory-warrantied tuning packages.
I agree. this will be no different than you modding your car afterwards. Well if you had problems you could raise an issue that the dealer sold it to you that way, and that they should be responsible (read: lawsuit). Down here in Orlando, our service rep voided a warranty for a spun rod bearing, just from seeing aftermarket exhaust when the car was in the air.

I have worked at a dealer for 3 years.

A buscur warranty would be needed.

any major work done is not decided by the dealership, its by a regional warranty rep. When a car comes into the dealer for service, the service department has whats called a warranty restriction form, where they can void certian parts of the warranty or the whole thing, just from seeing mods on the car.

A word of caution to anyone who thinks they will have a full warranty intact.

Last edited by dru; Apr 3, 2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 02:26 PM
dru

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

These packages are available on ANY of the EVO models from the RS to the MR.

This is a partnership with myself and Medina Mitsubishi, this is not through Mitsubishi direct. There is talk being done now with Mitsubishi for more support, I am not directly involved with these talks.

The BR330 package we (Medina and myself) see now problems with having warranty issues on. The BR350 is very similar with just the i/c pipe being added as a visual clue. The porting of the turbo components aren't something that is noticeable.

Each and everyone of these cars that are sold come with documentation of them being prepared and sold through a certified Mitsubishi dealership. This will help with not being hassled when taking them to another dealership. Your local dealer should contact Medina for further information.
Dave I totally respect your work and have been buying your parts on my 2 dsm's for the last 6 years. But how could anything go unoticed on a public forum? The service manager at my work is on evom all the time.

These cars will need some sort of aftermarket warranty.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
bolio,

We went with the 2.5" downpipe instead of the 3" for flow reasons. Running a 3" downpipe into the stock cat will actually lose horsepower while the 2.5" will gain some. We are also able to incorporate the factory flange on the 2.5" downpipe very nicely. The clearance with the 2.5" is much greater also and we also install a heat shield on the oil pan for some extra piece of mind.

I will get around to posting some dyno graphs, we may even include before and afters in the brochures. Still working on the final product brochure now.

MR. MR, I can put the modifications on your EVO, getting your particular dealer to warranty the car after we do is going to be on your end as is the case with everyone and their particular dealer.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 3, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The warranty on the car is a huge issue for just about everyone. Although many guys could care less about it, as is apparent by the amount of parts for the EVO's that we sell.

I believe there are going to be many different reasons for people to want one of these cars. First because you can finance it right on the spot and have a lightly modified EVO. Second is Medina Mitsubishi is not going to hassle you over having this modified EVO as they the ones selling it. For a local guy that is great, even someone that lives a days drive away it is probably fine. The third reason is they are going to probably end up being fairly rare and someone might want to buy it in the hopes it appreciates over time. The fourth reason I see is we have developed a very loyal customer base over the years and I believe there are going to be guys that buy them because our names our on them.

The bottom line is we have kept the modifications very very light. The EVO is so easy to make power on we can leave the modifications light and still produce a great car that is not going to give problems, particularly with the warranty.

Every single part on the car that we install or modify we, BUSCHUR RACING, INC. are standing behind for the same time frame the factory warranty would cover it. In otherwords, if the factory has a 50,000 mile warranty on the exhaust to the original owner than we will cover our parts under the same warranty.

As Eric Sonnie, the owner of Medina Mitsubishi and I have discussed, NO car is covered if it has been abused. I know with proper tuning that the stock 4g63 in the EVO can make 550 whp and live for a very very long time. I have now put over 430 dyno pulls on my RS, the engine, head and all the fasteners are completely stock. The car has seen up to 30 psi of boost, all of the testing I have done on it was done on nothing but 94 octane fuel.

What I am saying is if you bring in your EVO with spun rod bearings, broken rods, melted pistons, broken transfer cases, broken axles etc., chances are you are not getting it warrantied, chances are those types of things have been caused from ABUSE.

What we are simply trying to accomplish is to leave the factory warranty in place for the driveline. The owners manual states nothing is covered from abuse. This is the same case, you will own a lightly modified EVO if you buy one of these that will be faster than any other factory optioned EVO available and faster than most combinations normal guys put together on theirs. This is a combination of parts that work well together. Nothing we have installed is going to melt a piston or cause any other engine damage.

You guys can all see what I am trying to explain. ABUSE is not covered regardless if the car is modified or stock.

I bought both of my EVO's knowing darn well they would never return to the dealer as the day I got them they were going to be beaten to death, dyno'd, raced and modified. Mitsubishi has enough problems making money to try and run through my abuse for free warranty parts.

I am hoping Eric gets some time to explain further how he wants to work the warranties on these cars and what he can bring to the table for other dealers out of our area and getting them to help YOU guys out if you buy one.

Thanks a ton for reading,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:20 PM

David, can you define "abuse"? Is tracking it abuse? Is racing it abuse? I know the answers to these questions, and I realize that you're not Mitsubishi, but they can't be selling these cars thinking that it's going to be a grocery-getter for a family of five.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by taylort
David, can you define "abuse"? Is tracking it abuse? Is racing it abuse? I know the answers to these questions, and I realize that you're not Mitsubishi, but they can't be selling these cars thinking that it's going to be a grocery-getter for a family of five.
well Subaru offers a 1yr FREE SCCA membership......but, If you take your car in for a broken tranny or engine, chances are they are NOT going to cover it. I know subaru is not Mistsu but its still a company. I broke 2nd gear in my car and had the tranny rebuilt FREE by the dealer....but that took some major work on my part. The 2nd time it broke, they said sorry.

Anyway, chances are VERY unlikely that if you break something major, ie engine, tranny parts, axles, etc.......this was due to HARD driving....ie, not normal wear and tear....and IT WILL NOT BE covered. Tranny parts and engine parts are hard to break, so if your car did it, its "your" fault.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by taylort
This is what I want to know also. I would like to know what this car can and can't handle so when you mod it I don't need to take it to the dealer cause I broke something. So what you are saying is that it's fine to mod your car up to 550whp as long as you don't launch above 2000rpms or run past whatever the redline is set at? Not trying to be a jerk, I just seriously want to know what you mean by abuse?

As far as Mitsubishi is concerned; The main reason I payed $36,000 for the Evo is because it's stated as being capable of running 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. I don't know how to extract that kind of acceleration without launching the car fairly hard? If launching the car hard is what it takes to run the times they advertise, they should warranty whatever breaks during the process? Technically I'm not sure how hard of a launch it takes since I've never tracked my car, but if I launch below 3k it bogs bigtime.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:23 AM
dru

You guys are completely missing the point. Dave, nor Medina Mitsubishi has the power to bypass Mitsubishis warranty guidelines.

whats is not covered:

ALTERATION. MISUSE, ACCIDENT DAMAGE

line 3: misusing your vehicle, such as but not limited to driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or using your vehicle as a stationary power source.

line 4: Alteration or modification of your vehicle including but not limited to, the body, chassis, braking system, or other components.

I would venture out so far to say that by modifying your ECU, and having the service rep know it, nothing on your car would be warrantied. If you brought it in for diagnosis, you would have to pay. The dealer would tell you they cannot diagnose or fix anything that is not stock.

I am sure these cars will be nothing short of awesome, but its no different than modding your vehicle yourself.

When they say abuse, they mean burning out your clutch (seeing hotspots), putting in race gas (they can see from plugs), overrevving. The dealers have a tech line with miltuple tech talks telling them what to look for. The mitsubishi training school has a bunch of engineers abusing company cars to see what to look out for.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi