Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
dru,

Thanks for quoting the manual. I actually got it out this morning and was looking it over myself.

At no point in the warranty manual does it say that a cars warranty is voided if it is modified. They can refuse to warranty something if it has been modified, but from the way i am reading it the warranty refusal is on the modified/changed part only.

That is where we come in, we are going to stand behind the parts that we install/modify on these BR EVO's for the same time the factory would on their parts.

Abuse is abuse, no sense in trying to explain it. We all know what abuse it. Launching a car at 6,000 rpm is abuse, powershifting it is abuse. I think if people were more willing to accept responsibility for breaking their own cars then many of the warranty problems could be avoided in the first place.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
At no point in the warranty manual does it say that a cars warranty is voided if it is modified. They can refuse to warranty something if it has been modified, but from the way i am reading it the warranty refusal is on the modified/changed part only.
Not exactly. The Moss-Magnuson act allow the manufacturer to refuse claims for components in sub-systems related to the modification. E.g., head gasket fails after a boost controller is installed; transmission fails after upgraded clutch; etc. Your upgrades are essentially voiding the warranty on the entire drivetrain because the manufacturer can tie the modification to the failure, no matter how tenuous the logic is.

-Chris
Former BMW Service Department Director (FWIW, I never refused a claim unless the customer was a complete bonehead.)
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Cool option offerings on the cars!!!!! Nice to see some modest power available with the car being new.
Dru, get a clue. You are getting people all confused with this warranty talk.
The basic problem with Mitsu and warranties the last few years on EVO's boils down to one component. And this came to me from Mitsu customer relations. " The average EVO enthusiast who has warranty issues and breakage on the cars, wants it covered as they can barely afford the car in the first place." end quote. Anyone knows that cars don't break often driving like Grandma. Its trying to be speedracer and joe dragracer. Not all but many of the tranny and TC problems could have been avoided had many of the drivers had a little more Manual transmission driving under their belt. Then putting in a king kong clutch and dumping it, what do you expect to happen? The EVO has been good for the clutch industry though. A lot of design and testing went into the EVO as well as the WRX.
You think a car company will send a product over to the US knowing that the driveline is not up to the task of holding another 20-40% increase in power? And the average customer accepts Mitsu saying " no warranty on this modded car " and walks out. Ends up paying the repair bills themselve. That Moss act looks good on paper, talk to any brand of dealer and they will skirt around the issue. Because they know they can avoid doing warranty work if they try hard enough to scare the customer away.
These are still great times for performance cars. Look for other brands of factory fresh tuner cars to start showing up. Not limited to just the WRX or EVO.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Dave,

I just wanted to both applaud and thank you for doing this, very nicely done. I already own my evo (complete with BR parts) so I don't see myself purchasing either of these options any time soon, but I hope you keep selling them! In the future, if I decide to buy an IX (or X) I will look for the BR model even if I have to fly up to get it. If I'm really lucky, by that time it will be an option at any dealer and you will be a very wealthy man.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks juyanith. I don't see us getting very wealthy doing this, be nice, I went after it for the recognition and chance to work with Mitsubishi on a project more than anything.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, the buschur shop is definately getting more notoriety as time passes through relatively high profile work like this and the C&D challenge.

You guys that are biting your nails and sitting on the edge of your chairs wondering if the signature series Evos are right for you of if xxx mod will void your warranty really need to consider that you're on the internet, and it's not like anything anyone says here will be of the slightest use when you decide to get your evo towed to the dealership because of virtually any problem, large or small. They know they'll have you in the right position, you'll know it, and it's just a matter of how soon you realize that the evo is a remarkable car and a great deal, but the warranty and service of mitsubishi has virtually nothing to do about it.

But, if you want to argue semantics on internet forums, don't let my pessimism spoil your fun.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 144mph
yeah, the buschur shop is definately getting more notoriety as time passes through relatively high profile work like this and the C&D challenge.

You guys that are biting your nails and sitting on the edge of your chairs wondering if the signature series Evos are right for you of if xxx mod will void your warranty really need to consider that you're on the internet, and it's not like anything anyone says here will be of the slightest use when you decide to get your evo towed to the dealership because of virtually any problem, large or small. They know they'll have you in the right position, you'll know it, and it's just a matter of how soon you realize that the evo is a remarkable car and a great deal, but the warranty and service of mitsubishi has virtually nothing to do about it.

But, if you want to argue semantics on internet forums, don't let my pessimism spoil your fun.
Wait, what are you saying exactly?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

As Dave has said, these mods are pretty conservative and (theoretically) should cause no major engine/drivetrain problems.....provided you don't abuse the car.

However, if you do have a problem with the car (even if it's totally unconnected with the mods and not due to abuse) and you don't live within reasonable driving distance of BR or Medina then basically you're at the mercy of your local dealership. If they want to be difficult about it they could void large parts of your engine/drivetrain warranty, or even all of it, simply because you've had a reflash and are producing "much" more power than stock....the BR badges would be a dead giveaway, for example.

With the UK FQ-series you have the peace-of-mind of a fully-backed warranty from the dealer you purchased the car from (which would, however, be invalidated if you abuse the car).

Now if MMNA would only sanction the BR series with some kind of warranty I wouldn't think twice about buying one of these.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by webguy330i
Wait, what are you saying exactly?
In neanderthal terms, I'm saying that if you care about a warranty on your evo you're stupid. Therefore, if you buy modified evo and expect a warranty then you should definately PM me because I've got some enchanted turds that make gorgeous women really want to have sex with you if you shove them up your nostrils.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:27 PM
dru

Originally Posted by 144mph
In neanderthal terms, I'm saying that if you care about a warranty on your evo you're stupid. Therefore, if you buy modified evo and expect a warranty then you should definately PM me because I've got some enchanted turds that make gorgeous women really want to have sex with you if you shove them up your nostrils.
I guess I agree with this one... I am not trying to make any confusion. I am only reflecting what I have seen going on in a service department, with people in central Florida and their EVO's since the cars came out.

Last edited by dru; Apr 4, 2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

david "yenko" buschurr? LOL !
gratz!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twan
david "yenko" buschurr? LOL !
gratz!
Kinda. Don Yenko's father owned a dealership.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

when will vishnu's 001 series be available?
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

wow, very nice.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 06:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silvery_eagle
when will vishnu's 001 series be available?
Such an intelligent post. Mods will you delete that for us please. (Thank you) Lets keep the useless posts out of here.

Take Care Guys,
Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi