Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... being good friends with arguably one of the best Subaru EcuTek tuners in the U.S. gives me insight to EcuTek. It gives the tuner control over pretty much all of the ECUs parameters. Almost like treating the ECU as a stand alone but keeping cold start features and knock/timing adj capabilities.

I was just personally wondering if the boost is able to hold like it is with the WRX EcuTek flashes. I know that Al's Dynoflashes required a MBC. Just making sure this isn't a necessary part of the equation with the EcuTek for the Evo.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Al uses his standard flashing equipment to do these cars for us. Not the ECUTek.

In the owners manual it says no racing of any type can be done with your EVO or the warranty is voided. They consider racing abuse. This would go along with dropping the transaxle on the track from launching the car.

We will be offering these packages on the EVOIX's too. The MIVEC might be a problem but we won't know until they get here and we try to tune them.

No problem driving these cars everday. They are VERY quiet. Just smoother and more powerful than stock.

Had Steve broke the transmission or rear end or something at the track with his BR350 he would have known it was being abused and would probably not even attempt to have it fixed under warranty. As I said, it states quite clearly the EVO cannot be used for competition purposes right in the warranty book.

Our normal exhausts in our staged packages use a full 3" system. These cars use the 2.5" downpipe as we mate them to the stock converter and it flows better like that. The 2.5" downpipe works great until the HP levels get really high and then they become a restriction.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 17, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I guess that is fair. I agree that if you break something at the track it is your responsibility to fix it. I thought you were saying that Steve's car was covered for what he was doing. I am just glad that you guys have found a way to make the Evo completely usable as a daily driver, yet get it into the mid 12's!

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Al uses his standard flashing equipment to do these cars for us. Not the ECUTek.

In the owners manual it says no racing of any type can be done with your EVO or the warranty is voided. They consider racing abuse. This would go along with dropping the transaxle on the track from launching the car.

We will be offering these packages on the EVOIX's too. The MIVEC might be a problem but we won't know until they get here and we try to tune them.

No problem driving these cars everday. They are VERY quiet. Just smoother and more powerful than stock.

Had Steve broke the transmission or rear end or something at the track with his BR350 he would have known it was being abused and would probably not even attempt to have it fixed under warranty. As I said, it states quite clearly the EVO cannot be used for competition purposes right in the warranty book.

Our normal exhausts in our staged packages use a full 3" system. These cars use the 2.5" downpipe as we mate them to the stock converter and it flows better like that. The 2.5" downpipe works great until the HP levels get really high and then they become a restriction.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Eric Sonnie Sr. (owner of Medina Mitsubishi) asked me to come on & help David answer some of these warranty questions. His above quote kind of sums up quite a bit. Our main goal here is customer satisfaction & we will stand behind you and your EVO, but you also need to use a little common sense.

If you scatter your motor at the track & your time slips are hanging out of your glovebox, I have a feeling this would be considered abuse. That is just how it is, it wouldn't matter if it was a BR350, a plain EVO 8, a Ralliart Lancer, an Eclipse, or any other car with a manufacters warranty. Also on the other hand if you are doing a little spirited driving & fry your clutch before 12K it will more than likely be covered.

The only thing on the EVOs I have seen on a regular basis coming into our service dept. are spent clutches (there is a reason the clutches go, would rather replace a clutch or a transmission), Mitsubishi will warranty clutches till 12K & it shouldn't matter if is a Buschur Edition car. Any warranty work is subject to the discretion of the local Mitsubishi Service/ Parts Rep. Our Rep is cool with this & he will use the same discretion on the Buschur cars as any other car we sell here.

Just out of curiousity anyone know what kind of warranty came on a Yenko Camaro. Personally, I would be more excited about being a part of history then worrying whether or not this or that is under warranty.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

that is sooo awesome
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:50 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Originally Posted by petekris
Eric Sonnie Sr. (owner of Medina Mitsubishi) asked me to come on & help David answer some of these warranty questions. His above quote kind of sums up quite a bit. Our main goal here is customer satisfaction & we will stand behind you and your EVO, but you also need to use a little common sense.

If you scatter your motor at the track & your time slips are hanging out of your glovebox, I have a feeling this would be considered abuse. That is just how it is, it wouldn't matter if it was a BR350, a plain EVO 8, a Ralliart Lancer, an Eclipse, or any other car with a manufacters warranty. Also on the other hand if you are doing a little spirited driving & fry your clutch before 12K it will more than likely be covered.

The only thing on the EVOs I have seen on a regular basis coming into our service dept. are spent clutches (there is a reason the clutches go, would rather replace a clutch or a transmission), Mitsubishi will warranty clutches till 12K & it shouldn't matter if is a Buschur Edition car. Any warranty work is subject to the discretion of the local Mitsubishi Service/ Parts Rep. Our Rep is cool with this & he will use the same discretion on the Buschur cars as any other car we sell here.

Just out of curiousity anyone know what kind of warranty came on a Yenko Camaro. Personally, I would be more excited about being a part of history then worrying whether or not this or that is under warranty.

Well put Pete.... see you tomorrow at work!
Dave Sutton
Medina mitsubishi sales
330-722-7725
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

evodave is so cool
Old Apr 21, 2005, 01:50 AM
Evolving Member

When the clutch is replaced under warranty, is it only with a stock unit, or can it be replaced with an ACT street clutch for example? Just wondering if the clutch needed to be the fuse in the system, or if you'd be okay with upgrading?
Old Apr 21, 2005, 08:28 AM

For warranty purposes I would say the factory clutch is the fuse in the system (good metaphor). Basicly every Mitsu person I have talked to said the same thing, the clutches are designed to go before anything else. I can pretty much guarantee if go into any dealer with transmission problems & they see an aftermarket clutch in there they will void the warranty on the transmission.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Pete, I appreciate you guys coming and and clarifying for me. I can type whatever I want, getting it direct from you guys at the dealer is much more solid.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by petekris
For warranty purposes I would say the factory clutch is the fuse in the system (good metaphor). Basicly every Mitsu person I have talked to said the same thing, the clutches are designed to go before anything else. I can pretty much guarantee if go into any dealer with transmission problems & they see an aftermarket clutch in there they will void the warranty on the transmission.
That's cool. I just figured if the stock clutch went on a BR350 or even my stock MR, it would be cool to replace it with a stronger unit and get the labor for free. If the trans warranty is void after that, that's cool. Thanks for the help with these issues! I look forward to getting my Evo IV MR BR350 or BR400 from you when it hits the streets.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Evo IV?

Those things are old

Old Apr 22, 2005, 06:45 AM

WOW i am looking at getting a white rs here in the somewhat near future and i think that for sure i would wanna go with a br350 only problem being that i live in california but oh well i think its worth it sounds like an amazing package definite props to you guys at Buschur Racing oh and one more question kind of ridiculous i know but it states that the br330 actually gets better fuel mileage? so then how is the mileage on the br350? gas is just gettin so expensive here in california i mean over 3 dollars a gallon at some places its crazy
Old Apr 22, 2005, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Knyght
Evo IV?

Those things are old

Lol, wouldn't mind a Evo VI in Blue Icelle Metal myself.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

We can ship the car to California, just so you know.

Fuel mileage on both cars will go up if you can keep from driving the car hard. The air fuel ratios are changed the the efficiency of the engine goes up.

I have done several serious EVO's now that have gotten OVER 25 mpg on the highway, I am talking completely built GT35R EVO's with 1000+cc fuel injectors. A customer came in for a retune for a larger turbo on his 2G DSM last week. Told me all was great with the car and is getting just over 30 mpg with the car, this particular car is running 800 cc injectors. Also asked me to leave the cruise part of the car as it was and only re-tune the AFR's up top for the larger turbo, he was so impressed with fuel mileage he didn't want to risk having it go down!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing modified EVO's available at Medina Mitsubishi