Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2005 EVO MR vs. 2005 EVO BR330/BR350

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 EVO MR vs. 2005 EVO BR330/BR350

If you don't know what the 2005 EVO BR330/BR350 is then I suggest reading this thread-

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&page=1&pp=15

The performance bargain cannot be ignored, and the packages comes with full warranties-

2005 EVO GSR-
276HP
286HP
$30,699 MSRP

2005 EVO BR330-
330HP
340HP
$32,459 MSRP

2005 EVO BR350-
350HP
355TQ
$33,599 MSRP

2005 EVO MR
276HP
286TQ
$34,699 MSRP

Now I may be jumping the gun here, but if this idea is a success, and starts to spread to more dealerships, could the MR edition become the big loser in this? Even if the package is offered for the MR, the price would jump up to $36,459 for BR330 and $37,599 for the BR350, would people really be willing to spend that much on an EVO? What if other tuners such as Vishnu and Turbo Trix jumped into this and came out with their own factory warrantied EVO dealership packages, is the end near for the MR? Does the BR330/BR350 dealership packages point out that the MR really doesn't justify it's significant price increase over the GSR and RS models? Honestly if you were in the market for a new EVO and the EVO BR330/BR350 was an option for you, which would be the better buy the EVO BR330/BR350 or the EVO MR?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:17 AM
j8
Evolving Member

Without a doubt I would go with the BR350. I would much rather have the addtional power with the warranty.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People don't buy the MR because it makes more power, since it makes the same as the standard Evo model. The MR won't be a loser in anything.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 3000ways
The performance bargain cannot be ignored, and the packages comes with full warranties-
Fat chance of Mitsu dealers doing warranty work on cars with all of these mods. The parts themselves may be warrantied, but I don't see how Mitsu is going to suddenly warranty moderately-modded cars when they won't even do warranty work on lightly-modded cars where the damage is unrelated to the mods themselves. I would be EXTREMELY suprised if the regional manager up there agrees to a $2-3k tranny swap at 1500 miles on a BR350.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:47 PM

Someone stated on another thread that the MR is of worth. you would be paying more in aftermarket to be getting the same suspension, wheel quality, etc...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

I drove my dads new 05 MR for the 1st time yesterday, and the ride is night and day compared to my old evo. It's the perfect everyday driver with its cumfy suspension. He got a deal at 33,500 when we traded my wrecked and fixed 03 evo and I took over on payments for his 04 STI. I plan on paying it of quick and getting a evo 8 RS if still available in about 6 months. If they can get a BR contract with any dealer in Texas I will get a BR350 RS. I know I'm probably dreaming about these packages being offered in Texas but I can still dream
Old Apr 4, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

What suspension upgrades, the MR is slightly quicker than base GSR around a road course. If these cars (BR330/BR350) sell and start to spread to other dealerships and really took off, I don't see why Mitsubishi wouldn't be willing to take a hard look at this, um ever heard of the FQ series in Europe??? Look maybe some of you haters wouldn't see possibilities, but I wouldn't be so sure that Mitsubishi would turn down making money just because you would to save your precious pride.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

I think I read that they WILL be warranteed and have work performed on them at the dealer in Ohio, because that is the place where Buschur signed to do this type of thing. That's the selling point. The warrantee is guaranteed, and they're aware that it's modded, and the mods are approved. No other dealers have to warrantee because this isn't a deal with Mitsu as a whole. Buschur signed with that dealership, not MMNA. Of course I'm sure you could get some type of factory approved certificate if let's say, you ordered a BR330 from that dealer and had it shipped to New York or something and tried to get warrantee service there.

There isn't a large enough amount of BR editions to put the MR out. It's a thing just for this specified dealership.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

C'mon guys, please read the thread carefully and also read between the lines if you're up to it. The parts themselves will be warrantied by BR i.e. they will stand behind their work and if you're "local" to Medina you will get no hassle from them when you bring the car in for service...........provided you don't cause major (engine/drivetrain) problems by abusing the car.

Other than that, this is no different than taking your Evo to BR, or TT or Vishnu & having similar mods done and then trying to have your local dealer honour the Mitsu warranty when you have problems....sorry, ain't gonna happen. In theory, these mods will invalidate major parts of your engine & drivetrain warranty simply because you've been reflashed. If you can live with that understanding then I think these packages are better than throwing together a hodge-podge of random "tuner" parts like some people seem to do.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3000ways
What suspension upgrades, the MR is slightly quicker than base GSR around a road course. If these cars (BR330/BR350) sell and start to spread to other dealerships and really took off, I don't see why Mitsubishi wouldn't be willing to take a hard look at this, um ever heard of the FQ series in Europe??? Look maybe some of you haters wouldn't see possibilities, but I wouldn't be so sure that Mitsubishi would turn down making money just because you would to save your precious pride.
Haters? Haha, that's funny. It almost looks like you're the only one here without an Evo anyway. Buschur's parts are awesome, but that's not what you asked. The MR isn't going anywhere. That doesn't mean that it will still be faster than the standard Evo with the BR package. It means that if you add all the BR parts to the MR, just like the GSR, then the MR would still win on a track.

BTW, Mitsubishi has nothing to do with the FQ series, other than supplying the cars.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

You're right.........Mitsubishi Japan has nothing to do with the FQ-series but the Colt Car Company who import them into the UK are responsible for the mods and provide the comprehensive dealership warranty. This would be similar to MMNA upgrading the imported JDM car (e.g. by Buschur) and then re-selling it through Mitsu dealers.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by bolio
I drove my dads new 05 MR for the 1st time yesterday, and the ride is night and day compared to my old evo. It's the perfect everyday driver with its cumfy suspension. He got a deal at 33,500 when we traded my wrecked and fixed 03 evo and I took over on payments for his 04 STI. I plan on paying it of quick and getting a evo 8 RS if still available in about 6 months. If they can get a BR contract with any dealer in Texas I will get a BR350 RS. I know I'm probably dreaming about these packages being offered in Texas but I can still dream

i can get you the 05 RS model if that is what you want with either package the only thing that you would have to worry about is shipping the car or picking it up if you have any questions just give me a call here at the dealership @ 330-722-7725 or toll free @ 1-888-589-7725 or you can reach me on my cell phone @ 440-537-9234 just ask for me my name is ROY
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:49 PM

BR350MR Backed by Mitsubishi since day one

As of yet I believe that I am the only one to actually own a BR350MR from Medina and BR. I am also the only one who wanted Medina to check into a suspected tranny issue that i was having and they definitely went way above and beyond to make sure that I was satisfied with my car. I personally call the owner of Medina Mitsubishi on his cell phone and at his home whenever I need anything taken care of, and he always goes out of his way to find a resolution. So my words of advice to anyone that may be on the fence about buying a car from them is do it if this is the car and mods that you want. If you are satisfied with these, then they will be covered by Medina and Buscher, and if anything else fails due to these parts, then they will cover it.

To all those who are constantly saying that Mitsubishi won't cover it, the answer is simple; Don't buy one from them, and go mod your own so that you know one hundred percent that it will not be covered, and you can sleep peacefully at night.

Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Wow thats awsome I wish I had read this before I bought mine...