Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking for a long island evo owner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Looking for a long island evo owner

Bought my car at a dealership on long island. It had 19K on it. When i first test drove it, the car had a right front clunk and it slightly pulled to the left. I also know that the guy who had it traded his blue evo in for a white one. And i know he's on this forum. They changed the bushings and alligned the car and all was good. well it got worse, and worse. I brought it back, and the i need a whole new steering column. The guy who had it before did something to the car. He didnt use original mitsu bolts, stripped the hole and just shoved a diff bolt inside. He did alot of f*cked up things, but in the end there gunna allign the car and give me a new steering column. I thought they were gunna void my warranty, cuz of the other guy, but i lucked out. Personally i think the moron who had this car before deserves a beatin. He obviously drove like a jackass cuz all of the rims have serious curb rash. He had an exhaust, which was then taken out, The only good thing is i got a jdm mr blow off valve. Im not even mad, i just wanna know who is the guy who traded this in. I know he's on here. I know much more than he thinks i know. I know where to find him, but i dont care enough to bother. I could prob pick his car out from a buch, cuz the guy over at the dealer told me exactly what he bought, and i can figure out what he has done just by looking at mine

All in all mitsu is fixing it. Not a bad deal
Old Apr 4, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

so are you looking for him or not...

are you pissed or not....

do you know exactly what he did or not....

Old Apr 4, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

even if he's here, he wouldn't admit it...so you paid a bit too much for a bad car...but you didn't have to pay anything for them to correct it at the end, all it was, was wasted time...big whoop.

Never buy a modded car, unless you know that person...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Where did you buy it?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it really this guys fault? He did not sell you the car and misrepresent it to you. The dealer did. You said yourself that the car had problems during your test drive. Why would you buy it with a know problem?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboWill
Where did you buy it?
So I never buy a car there?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:20 PM

the more i think about it, im not pissed off at the guy who traded it in, i just wanna know what the hell he did to where he had to unbolt the steering column. Its not everyday u change these things, and then put it back together half assed. Other than that, no im not pissed. I was more when i first found out. not anymore. The car runs well. Its alot of power. Bone stock she dynoed at 249whp. i think its a pretty strong evo.im just curious as too what happened. There are no weld marks, and i read that alot of members have a clunk in the front, so i thought it was that.But it was getting out of control
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:25 PM

I've had the clunk sometimes on hard accel. When i first had the springs put in it pulled a bit. I even grew up in your hometown and my evo is bby, But im not the one your looking for. Good luck
Old Apr 4, 2005, 06:28 PM

im not even looking for him. It was all of out anger when i first found out. I just wanna talk to see what happened. It would clunk every bump i hit. The alignment got worse by each day that went by
Old Apr 5, 2005, 01:50 PM

I Kind Of Know Him
Old Apr 5, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Well there are a lot of people who treat their cars like $hit... yes even evo owners.
When you buy a used car from anyone it is solely your responsibility to go over everything and make sure the warranty is still active. (Everything!)
The previous owner wouldn't give a rats ***. I know I wouldn't.

PS. The clunking may have been a cause of a different suspension setup and returned to stock before he sold it.

Anyway goodluck with your new ride
Old Apr 5, 2005, 06:50 PM

i def understand the whole check the car completely thing, but i dont care who you are, or how much you know about cars, your not gunna be able to find out that the steering column was taken apart. There was a bolt that wasnt put in right. it was then stripped. your not gunna see that. I just wanna know if he had a flash done to the car, cuz i just ordered a TBE, so i was curious