Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What do y'all think about this?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do y'all think about this?

I was just wondering what your opinions were on the subject of warranty issues? Also, does anyone have experience with exactly what it takes to break a tc or trans?

The main reason I payed $36,000 for the Evo is because it's stated as being capable of running 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. I don't know how to extract that kind of acceleration without launching the car fairly hard? If launching the car hard is what it takes to run the times they advertise, they should warranty whatever breaks during the process? Technically I'm not sure how hard of a launch it takes since I've never tracked my car, but if I launch below 3k it bogs bigtime. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Should I expect my car to be slower than advertised because it can't handle the power it's making?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

It could take even one launch just to break something. Warranty dont cover it because its noted as abuse, but you can try. Theirs a ton of threads about warranty issues, just click here-https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/search.php?, and type in warranty,
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

One word of advice... gotta pay to play.

ORRR, you could slip the clutch and be easy on the drivetrain, but obviously you wear the clutch.

Warranty doesn't cover you going out and dumping the clutch to get the best times
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

I won't be breaking much on my Evo since it's my daily driver. I just wanted to see if people thought I was crazy for expecting my car to perform the way it's supposed to without breaking? I know everyone has issues with Mitsu for voiding warranties, I just wanted to see if anyone agreed with my train of thought. I think that people who go out and do 6K rpm clutch dumps than expect the clutch or tc to be warrantied are pretty much senseless. Yet, if it takes a 4K rpm launch to run the times promised by Mitsu, shouldn't they build the drivetrain to handle this?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Not to be an ***, but I think you're preaching to the choir

(we all agree, but what is and should be are sometimes very different )
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I guess your right. What does it matter what we think since the service reps are the ones calling the shots. It just sucks that we accept so much false advertising nowadays! I feel like every time I turn around I buy something and am dissapointed somehow. NO, I'm not saying the car is dissapointing, just the way they handle service on these cars.

Originally Posted by bolsen
Not to be an ***, but I think you're preaching to the choir

(we all agree, but what is and should be are sometimes very different )
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Could be worse... if Mistu declares bankrupcy, they are shed of all waranty liability

Yup, that's right, if they declare bankrupcy, they don't have to honor ANY warranty work!