Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Teased by Evo VIII on tv

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2003, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I mean, to each their own, but, I just think it's way overly harsh to put it in the same league as HRT. I mean, I think the most high ranking person they have had was the president of APC. Whoopty doo.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, and I do love that Supr2nr pretty much stays away from the showcars/import shows. I mean, I think all they've done thus far was go hang out at the LA Autoshow.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

You guys have it all wrong. Hi-Rev Tuners is a Pep Boys/APC/Ford sponsored sitcom about incredibly dense people who know nothing about cars other than:
(1) sparkly paint is good
(2) strobe lights and neon are good
(3) Altezza tails are the best performance item you can add to any car, truck, RV, fire engine etc
(4) all good cars have at least five TVs in them, preferably in places like the door trim and trunk
(5) the best measure of a good engine is how SHINY it is

Of course there are those serious sections about "tuning up" an automatic Focus or installing a fake rollcage. "Radical Ridez and Wicked Wheelz" indeed.

I need to point my Tivo in the direction of this Supr2nr thing. I saw it in the listings, but it had such a stupid looking name that I didn't bother.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Admittedly, the name sucks. I came in the middle of an episode about a month ago while they were dynoing a 720 hp Supra. After that, it could have been called Pig**** on a Stick and I'd still think it's alot better than HRT.

Check it out. Once you can get past the name, you'll like it.