Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Teased by Evo VIII on tv

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teased by Evo VIII on tv

Damn, I was flipping through the channels and turned to super2nr
tv on tnn. There it was, the Evo VIII of course they briefly talked about it because they were at the L A auto show. Anyways I may
have missed more about it, I will watch again tomorrow.
But, there was a bunch of rally stuff on at the end. It is supposed
to be on again on Sun @ 1200 est. I believe. Not too much longer and all this teasing will quit.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:36 PM

very cool. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Damn I gotta set my VCR.... Thanx for the info.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

they really don't say much. At the end they have that dave coleman guy from SCC doing some attempted rally driving in the grand canyon... he has wrecked out 3 years in a row now... but at least he is trying hard!

That show is has those idiot city wannabee brotha's as hosts and most of the people on the show think they need to act and dress like city folk!
Old Feb 1, 2003, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

21 centry you still using vcr for recording?

hehehe

2 bad i miss the tv show i guess ill just have to wait for the real deal at my dealer but it wont matter much to me cuz i'm going for the sti
Originally posted by LancerEvolution
Damn I gotta set my VCR.... Thanx for the info.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 08:07 PM

damn i missed that episode
Old Feb 2, 2003, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

You don't like the hosts? Sure, they're grating, but, at least they know what they're talking about for the most part, unlike HiRevTuners... that abomination.... ooooo. I hate it.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

I tink both shows (highrevtuners, super2nr) are weak. Speed channel needs to dedicate at least 1-2 hours a day to the import
fan. Cmon a 2 billion dollar business last year just on parts. I believe ratings will greatly increase with shows like that. Each of
the above shows are 1/2 hr. a piece and 1/2 of that is nothing
but sponsors. Who knows? Jmo.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Super2nrs, while not perfect by ANY means, is a breath of fresh air compared to HiRevTuners. The hosts on HRT make Pamela Anderson look like a more intelligent version of Stephen Hawking. They know nothing about the cars they cover, and you'd think that they'd at least be able to remember their scripts and talk a little less robotically. Plus, Supr put emphasis on street driven cars with real performance mods. HRT did a 5 minute spot on a APC Civic Si with a chalkboard paint finish, and a ten second spot on an Evolution VI, and actually called it an Evolution VII. Sure, sponsors are on Supr, but, the sponsors are usually someone like Skunk2, AEM, or the Primedia magazines, among which my favorite, SCC, takes company.

Basically, I'm trying to say that while I have yet to see a Sport Compact show that I really really enjoy, I have yet to hear Supr2ners say/do anything that I'd throw the BS flag on, or make me change the channel. HRT has almost caused rage-enduced blindness on several occasions, and I almost chunked my TV out the window after one of the female hosts proclaimed that "All Toyota Supras were turbo'd, but this one is special because of it's twin turbo set up."

Please, never again lump them together.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have yet to see an episode of HiRev Tuners (I don't get Speed Channel ), but I would have to say Super2Nrs is far and above the best out of the shows TNN showed (Import Xplosion and Nopi Tunervision) The twins aren't bad, they even have their own company I think, and they cover legit cars. Cover cars as a matter of fact and even the coverage on cars I don't care anything about is informative and entertaining.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

I agree... I still want to see a "Two Guys Garage" kinda show aimed at Imports, doing really hardcore mods. Not like HorsepowerTV's "Budget Tuner Civic" with the Arospeed "intercooler-look" FM cold air intake and fart can exhaust... ick.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

when is super2Nr usually on?? I have never seen it.........., though i have seen the repeats of hirev tuners too many times..and i live on west coast so PST would be great
Old Feb 3, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Both shows suck. Neither has hosts that can speak clearly or sound intelligent. Neither has hosts that seem to really know what they are talking about.

Speed needs an "Autoweek" type magazine show perhaps brought to us by Sport Compact Car or Grassroots Motorsports. They could concentrate on the new sport compacts and imports that are coming out and are recently out on the market.

They could have small pieces sprinkled throughout the episodes on;

1. Conducting real modifications, and not APC clear taillight installations....
2. Have interviews with industry notables
3. Have pieces on old school compacts like the Mini and the old civics and toyotas.
4. Have pieces on car events like Solo 1 and 2 autocross, roadcourse events like the Honda Challange...and other speed channel aired racing events.
5. And to satisfy the riceboy poseurs, they could also have bits on the show scene....and for the 2 minute piece they could concentrate on clear tail lights and single wiper conversions.

SC~ who could be the host...

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Feb 3, 2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

See, as I'm reading it, that sounds alot like what Supr2nr is... with the exception of the new cars.

I think that the hosts actually do know what they're talking about, in that if you saw when they were dyno testing a monster supra, they were pointing out mods before the owner was, and both guessed within 15 hp of what the car cranked out. Compared to HRT, those girls/guy do not know what the hell they're talking about. They say plural suspension. They have no factual information about ANY of the cars the show. And best of all, in their tech sections, APC is their brand of choice. I saw one where it was the flame-etched LED muffler tip... in a TECH SECTION! Get real.

However, on Supr2nr, they did a audio system install, but, it was performance job on the SCC Project Si, and the system could not weigh over 40 lbs. Seriously, I really disagree. I think the hosts (lame slang aside) know exactly what they're talking about, have done sections where they featured video of the Ultimate Street Car Challenge, SCCA Prorally, and just hung out at a drag strip where they had a competition on who could beat a pro-IHRA driver's reaction time. That ended up being a "who-can-match", due to the driver getting a perfect .500. I like the show, and I hate to see it put in even the same category of a show who is so blatantly sponsored by Pep Boys and Quaker State, and who have half a show dedicated to friggin' break dancers at a HIN. It's not the same. Currently, Supr2nr is the closest thing to a video-version of SCC, and I like it.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by StreetLancer
See, as I'm reading it, that sounds alot like what Supr2nr is... with the exception of the new cars...
...Currently, Supr2nr is the closest thing to a video-version of SCC, and I like it.
Well said. I agree totally. They also do well by backing up their reports with real industry experts: editors of magazines like Turbo and Import Tuner, the president of Neuspeed, and several import drag drivers.

Quick Reply: Teased by Evo VIII on tv