Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Is your rear fender aligned corectly?
yes its fine no chips
13.51%
nope it sticks out firther than the door and there are chips
86.49%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Who here has misaligned rear fender problem, chips?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drivers door

pass door^

Last edited by turboex; Apr 6, 2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same damn thing. Really irritating.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Well I took the car in and they said the District manager has o look at it to decide the problem. They did fix my 2 recalls (sticker, fan box). They have good pics of the fender and there going to get back to me on monday, ill post back later on final results.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

the dealer fixed mine, but they had to paint that area twice.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys can you post the dealership that did or didnot fix your door problem.
Im working with Sale Automall in Kinston NC.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 08:11 PM

Yeah I was told by the Manassas Virginia Sheehy or something like that forget the spelling, that they would not fix it other than the door and you see my post how that went...

Last edited by Remorseless; Apr 7, 2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

It's mostly on the 03, the dealers all know about it thats why most of the 04 have the protective tape on it and I assume all of the 05's either have a fix or the tape on them.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 03:02 AM
Evolving Member

I have seen this clear tape, but do they offer a tape in the color of the car? I could swear I seen a colored tape/bra on the front of an evo before. Cause if the dealer wont fix mine, im gonna touch them up, and hte get a black tape to totally cover it up.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

hahah good luck man...I have had my 03 for like 1 3/4 year now, and still havent been able to get mine fixed. Asshats.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems like only the driver's side is experiencing this problem. I think my door has taken some beating too. When I wash my car, you can sell little white pit marks where debris has hit the rear door. Have dealerships been repairing the doors too?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, sort of. The chips are all down low now. Before they realigned the door, I got them all along the door jamb up to about half way up the side of the car. I was going to try to get them to repaint them, but then I had a little run in with a fixed object in a parking garage and scraped up the paint in that area and I didn't think they were going to pay for that.

I get chips elsewhere on the car, but the lower part of the left rear door jamb is the only place I would consider a problem area...

JW

Originally Posted by turboex
Do you still get chips in the same location? Did they repaint the scratches. Mine only does it on the side sticking out. The other side is flawless. If i get this fixed im gonna get the mitsu clear covers to stop it.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 07:49 AM

I have had the problem for months, the dealer refuses to fix the alignment, they told me someone must have hit the door and pushed it. They told me they can't fix it because the door would not seal if the moved it out. I argued for a month and then asked to have the number for the regional rep, they would not give it to me and said they would have him call me. Guess what, he never did. When I called to complain that he did not call they said they would repaint the area once but that was all. I told them I still wanted to talk to the regional rep. He still never called. I then went on the road for 5 months, just got back. Anyone have a good way to attack this one. Dealer is Faulkner Mitsu in Quakertown, Pa.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

new update. I have taken my car to 2 body shops and my boss a usaf bodyshop tech for 18 years. When I asked for a review of the problem they stated that its totally and alingment issue of the rear door to the rear fender, And that even repainting it will not fix the issue. One body shop took a straight edge precision ruler and showed me that on the pass side the door sticks out just a tad like all cars, but on the drivers side the door tucks in to far in that lower area and causes a colision point for rocks and other debris. I ask him what to do about fixing this and he said, this is a 30,000dolar car with a factory defect and only 8 months old, it needs to be covered under warenty. He then said that if my car is doing it chances are that alot of evo's are doing it, cause stuff like this happens in groups. He has not worked on any evo's and then told him that this issue is on the internet, he said call mitsu direct and talk to them. And that any body shop call vouch for this issue if needed. I told him that my dealer was working the issue and we would see how it goes.

Ok now to the dealership, so far they have been very friendly with the issue, but because it is a paint issue it has to go through an dis rep. Now i have been told that they had to call the "tech line" to show them what the deal is and that they wanted pictures. This sounded good to me so I gave them the info and link to this site and this post. We will see what happens from here.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Well I droped the car off this morning and the dealership hooked me up with rental car on there tab. And said rep would be in today to look at mine. I returned after work to check up and the rep was there, looking the issue over. A great person to deal with and has been there for me as a customer whenever needed. I had wrotee down a list of things i thought would fix the issue. He read it over and was good with it. So tomorrow the car goes to the body shop to have the door tweeked out a bit and the blemishes fixed. ( the door is very easy to bend in that area as i saw a tech try it). The dealer gave me the rental car untill mine is done in the body shop, should be tomorrow. The rep also ordered me the 3m rock guard tape things, and a bottle of touch up paint just incase i need it for anywhere else, all on his tab. I have to say it makes the ownership of the car a so much better experiance with people like this, as long as my dealership experances go like this, then I can honestly see my self getting another mitsu down the road. Evo 9 is looking like a good next car. Props go out to Sale Automall of Kinston, NC. and Rich Gesell, mitsu regional rep, for taking care of customers.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I have chips...but misaligned?? I dont' get it...I need to visually compare with my car again.

Quick Reply: Who here has misaligned rear fender problem, chips?