Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo vs G35

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All-season tires shouldn't cause you much of a problem...again, if it's without turns, not nearly as big of a deal. Just have to get a good start....
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

This sounds like the girl from my high school last year that kept saying she could beat me in her stock A4 in my dad's s2k because it had a turbo and I was just N/A... Some kids said yeah she could, others said no she couldn't....
Then, I got the Evo, same thing, she totally claimed she could smoke me, cuz she had a turbo... everyone in the class was like "SO DOES HE!" Then she was like, well, I have a new exhaust too...
Needless to say, shortly after, she wrecked her A4... and when she got it back, she totalled it 2 days later...
The moral of this story, if he's the type that thinks putting nos in your car makes you run 10s, he sounds like one of the dumbasses that thinks that more hp = faster car...
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:27 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Try run at the drag yourself, if you get into 12s consistently then you're in good shape. To make the G35 / 350Z into 12s, they'll need a lot of mods and it's not automatic get them there with those mods either.

I saw all 350 and G35 ran horribly at the drag strip I went to here in California. Most of the times they're running 14s and they're mod (exhaust, intake...).
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
This sounds like the girl from my high school last year that kept saying she could beat me in her stock A4 in my dad's s2k because it had a turbo and I was just N/A... Some kids said yeah she could, others said no she couldn't....
Then, I got the Evo, same thing, she totally claimed she could smoke me, cuz she had a turbo... everyone in the class was like "SO DOES HE!" Then she was like, well, I have a new exhaust too...
Needless to say, shortly after, she wrecked her A4... and when she got it back, she totalled it 2 days later...
The moral of this story, if he's the type that thinks putting nos in your car makes you run 10s, he sounds like one of the dumbasses that thinks that more hp = faster car...
haha, thats really funny because he just totalled his civic last week trying to show off to friends
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

G35 (*yawn*)
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:31 PM

Bolt ons do very little for the G35. That car is a low 14 to high 13s car without Forced induction. The G35 is not very easy to launch either from what I've seen and heard.

Tell him to run you on street tires. Without DR or slicks the RWD G35s have difficulties launching.

His experience in driving the G35 is a major factor too. A guy I race with could barely get into the mid 14s with a manual G with bolt ons but another racer who races regularly was able to get a 13.8X with less bolt ons.

The EVO to my knowledge is a mid to low 13second car with a good driver so you should not lose without him having FI or a major shot of Nitrous.

Good luck.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, what Turbomatic said is true too, bolt ons for just about ANY N/A car do very very little... That S2k in my story got a bigger exhaust, and it added like 3 whp... course, now it's SC'd and doing 340 whp on the same dyno I'm doing 270... But all the mods before the S/C didn't add much hp at all, even the engine rebuild to 2.22L and the AEM EMS didn't add a WHOLE lot... Turboed cars respond better to mods, and the Evos respond even better
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:36 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nnorris7413
I was wondering if anyone had any idea of who would win. Thanks a lot!
How is your car tuned and how fast are you able to drive in the 1/4mile? Go to that to see if you can drive if you havent' done so already.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

If you really want to be cocky, go get a frame to put the money in (that you win from him) and make sure it's sitting out where he can see it. When he asks what it's for...well, he probably won't like that a lot.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UT_Evo
he sounds like one of the dumbasses that thinks that more hp = faster car...
You mean if I put down 500 AWHP compared to a stock 230 AWHP Evo, I will be slower? More HP does equal faster car. You sound like a certain tuner.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

I think he was saying that it's not the only factor...if you have all other things equal, well...hp is faster. But with all the other factors...well, not quite. If it was the only factor, a stock evo would outrun an R1 at the drag strip...but it doesn't.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
You mean if I put down 500 AWHP compared to a stock 230 AWHP Evo, I will be slower? More HP does equal faster car. You sound like a certain tuner.
More HP does not necesarily mean faster car... acceleration is equal to the derivative of the torque curve. Hence dyno queens.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 02:01 PM

i dont think there will be much of competition my friends 02 wrx with turbo back exhaust and tunned ECU destroyed my other friends 6mt G35

the infiniti weighs more and you AWD will help you off the line.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My freind has a G35 that was a test car for a magazine. They did upgrades and dyno'ed before and after. He started w/ 237hp. Intake got him 4HP and 6ft lbs. Exhaust got him 6.6HP and 13 ft lbs. He then had a flash done and got to 256Hp. He added a clutch, rear diff, light flywheel, lighter wheels and I beat him with my stock RS. He now has spent over 10K getting a new block done, heads, PE TT kit w/ custom full race manifolds, CF drive shaft and expects a whopping 700HP. Go kick his ***!
Old Apr 6, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJeff
More HP does not necesarily mean faster car... acceleration is equal to the derivative of the torque curve. Hence dyno queens.
I disagree. Horsepower is a measure of torque over time. More HP does mean a faster car. It takes time to accelerate a given distance, no matter how fast your car is.