Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo vs G35

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nnorris7413
he now wants to race me in his civic. From what i hear, its a late 90's civic with a new exhaust, intake, a turbo (probably a small one) and a ****LOAD of nos. He thinks that by adding nos his car will immediately become a 10 second car
Man, what a freakin deutsch bag.....he really needs a reality check. If ur still going to AMS this friday night, tell him to bring his crappy *** civic as well just so we can embarass him once and for all. Ill be especially happy when he blows his fuc*** engine up after all the ***** juice hes got on there.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rlazer5000
Man, what a freakin deutsch bag.....he really needs a reality check. If ur still going to AMS this friday night, tell him to bring his crappy *** civic as well just so we can embarass him once and for all. Ill be especially happy when he blows his fuc*** engine up after all the ***** juice hes got on there.
***** juice
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by spoolingEVOx
just read through the 1st page of this thread..

a twin turbo upgrade on a G35/350Z is incredibly expensive. considering that it sounds like you guys are in high school, the chances of him boosting is leaning towards the 'unlikely' side. i'd say you have a very good chance of beating him.

however, if he's boosted and you guys go from a roll this would change.. you are going to need some mods and great driving skills to guarantee you a win.

3" TBE, Intake, Flash, and Cams outta do the trick.. hopefully
I have actually owned a G35 coupe and now have a 350z (soon to be turbo'd). I had a 6 MT and let me tell you its really not that fast. The 350Z feels significantly faster to me. Even if that guy does have mods, the VQ engine does not respond to bolt ons very well. At most he's putting an extra 10hp at the wheels. I actually thought the G was pretty slow, but I'm still convinced it was the car I had.

With the mods you have you should easily take him from a dig. From a roll it'll be pretty even and very close. If the G is boosted it is a different story. You'll have him for a while from a dig simply bc of AWD..but he'll be right up on your tail before you can even think to look back and will most likely just roll right by you. From a roll....it will look like your standing still...plain and simple. The Z and G have traction issues with insane amounts of power but will make up ground very quickly when boosted.

All of this depends on what FI kit they are running as well. The one I'll soon have is a single T by APS. Their TT's are a dangerous encounter if you ever see one, even with a stock engine. If he has the APS TT you will look like an idiot basically. The trap speeds I've seen are anywhere from 114-120 with this kit (stock), usually consistent around 116-117.

My advice to you is to not put money on this, but for a high schooler I doubt he has a turbo....its expensive for the VQ.

I think you'd win this one to sum it up (assuming hes not boosted) ...
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Civics with a buttload of nitrous AREN'T 10 second cars?!?!?!!? What a loser. Bring him to AMS on Friday so we can all check out his sweet 10 second ride.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:28 PM

Who cares what he says. I'm in High School as well and i get a lot of crap for saying how slow my car is and etc. That's what I don't get! People that get soo "Offended" because they're talking **** about their car. I mean don't you have anything else to looks forwards besides whose car is faster. I don't mean to diss you, but seriously! Just let people talk...they're just jelous that they don't have an Evo. Anyways, good luck with your little ordeal.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:33 PM

wow thats a first I didnt know people from winnetka, willmete, highland park drive evos, j/k i love cruzin down sheridan RD thru those suburbs. some of those twists n turns r scarry tho my buddy totaled his bmw there. anyway as far as ur buddy with the G35 goes tell him im down for that race if he is up 4 it im bone stock, anyway any of u people from chitown area go to the track? the opening day was april 2nd at great lakes. and some of the guys i know from here are goin 2 gingerman pretty soon we go every year at least 5-8 times.

Nermin, From chicago, il.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

EvAsian...you must not love your car enough...lol... i get VERY offended if someone talks sh*t about the car I put a lot of time,effort, and money on...

hey Norris... when you race this guy, let us know, maybe we can get a few more Evos to run and beat his car down over and over again...

Ill even bring in a friend of mine with a 12 second N/A hatch... =P
Old Apr 13, 2005, 05:04 PM

redemption?

Originally Posted by binsquared
EvAsian...you must not love your car enough...lol... i get VERY offended if someone talks sh*t about the car I put a lot of time,effort, and money on...

...figures. I hope that means you dont hate me . haha

Last edited by EvAsian; Apr 13, 2005 at 05:10 PM. Reason: oops
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zman1910
I have actually owned a G35 coupe and now have a 350z (soon to be turbo'd). I had a 6 MT and let me tell you its really not that fast. The 350Z feels significantly faster to me. Even if that guy does have mods, the VQ engine does not respond to bolt ons very well. At most he's putting an extra 10hp at the wheels. I actually thought the G was pretty slow, but I'm still convinced it was the car I had.

With the mods you have you should easily take him from a dig. From a roll it'll be pretty even and very close. If the G is boosted it is a different story. You'll have him for a while from a dig simply bc of AWD..but he'll be right up on your tail before you can even think to look back and will most likely just roll right by you. From a roll....it will look like your standing still...plain and simple. The Z and G have traction issues with insane amounts of power but will make up ground very quickly when boosted.

All of this depends on what FI kit they are running as well. The one I'll soon have is a single T by APS. Their TT's are a dangerous encounter if you ever see one, even with a stock engine. If he has the APS TT you will look like an idiot basically. The trap speeds I've seen are anywhere from 114-120 with this kit (stock), usually consistent around 116-117.

My advice to you is to not put money on this, but for a high schooler I doubt he has a turbo....its expensive for the VQ.

I think you'd win this one to sum it up (assuming hes not boosted) ...
Off-Topic...
Great decision, APS is some of the best stuff out there for Subaru's and Nissan. They really know what they're doing. Not to mention the 350Z is a car made of pure sex.

EDIT: I did not know they made parts for Mitsubishi.

Last edited by Borti; Apr 13, 2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, its not between the g35 and the evo any more. He doesnt wanna "embarass me" with his g35, so he wants to race me in his civic. I have this other kid with a maserati spyder that wants to race me too....but i donno about that one.
Also, this friday ive had a change of plans. Im not going to AMS. Im going to great lakes dragaway to see what kinda times my car can pull now that i took my snow tires off.