Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What kind of depost did you make
Refundable
66.67%
Non-refundable
27.78%
Either as long as Iget an evo
5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

The non-refundable deposit on EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2003, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The non-refundable deposit on EVO?

Usually I am a fairly smart car buyer, but I was not thinking at the time I made my non-rufundable deposit on my EVO. My deal that I made was alright, but what if they try to screw me over when it comes in. Is there any way to get the deposit back even though its non-refundable . I don't really see my dealer doing this, but I would like to have a plan if he does. Does the fact that he promised a Feb 10th delivery date and now it is march 3rd give me a breach of contract angle. Hopefully this won't happen, but car dealers are the and would not hesitate to give me a flogging. Any advice would help.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

It is in the dealers best interest to give you your deposit back if necessary.
For one they will have no problem selling the car, and the bad PR they could get would not be worth the $500 or whatever you paid.
Secondly you did not order a specific car. The dealer would get the same car regardless of your deposit or not. It is better to have things in writing, but verbal agreements are legal too.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 12:53 PM
HS

Im sure if you caused enough trouble at his dealership they would give you your deposit back

I signed a contract with my dealer that locked in my price($995 over MSRP) but if does not mention anything about the deposit or delivery date

Steve
Old Feb 2, 2003, 02:42 PM

check local laws...here in maryland no deposit is non refundable.

Brother ordered a 350Z...no such thing as non refundable deposit here...when it comes in...he doesnt want it than he gets his $500 back.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the dealer wrote on your sales slip "As Is" then it might be tough. They usually do that with used cars. Since this is new and they don't have any idea of what it might have, they wrote down 100% refundable on my deposit. And wrote "Customer will pay MSRP upon approval of vehicle". I think you'll be ok with timing. Every dealer that I've called in the NYC area have "1 left if I hurry" The one that I have a deposit with basicly said. "This ain't no M5 or M3. It's gonna be here a few weeks and only two people asked about it. I doubt that within the next 15 days, everyone's gonna show up and throw money at me for this car. And if they do they're stupid because if we sell them fast, a few weeks later we're just gonna get more" He could just be ignorant but he does have a point.

Last edited by s4awd; Feb 2, 2003 at 04:36 PM.